The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 9, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #2,431 of 91,357
I don't have the Geek yet-- I must have checked the wrong box at Amazon as it got shipped to my home address and I'm not going to be there for a couple weeks yet. I'm looking forward to trying it. I've got the Carbo Mezzo and Blon 03 sitting about equal-- will the GK surpass them? Only time & listening will tell.
I have the budget trifecta too. Also waiting on the Geek to get to me. I need to revisit them all before I rank them. Its been enough time that I don't have a firm grasp on their tonalities anymore.

Aug 9, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #2,432 of 91,357
I have the budget trifecta too. Also waiting on the Geek to get to me. I need to revisit them all before I rank them. Its been enough time that I don't have a firm grasp on their tonalities anymore.

That'll be a fun exercise :)

The BL-03 has a good tuning, there's no doubt about it. I just can't believe you can get the sheer technicality of the GK10 for about $20 extra. Spherical staging, decent imaging, accurate timbre throughout. I don't have many 'fun' IEMs so it's filled that niche. It's not a perfect IEM but I still scratch my head when I listen to it and then feel quite lucky to have it at my side.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #2,433 of 91,357
Trying out the Nyx with Isa for the next couple of days...

20210809_215701.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 9, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #2,434 of 91,357
Aug 9, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #2,435 of 91,357
Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #2,436 of 91,357
Aug 10, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #2,437 of 91,357
taken-1628589836458-edit-18499908618010.jpg

N3Pro + Baldr sounds absolutely delish 🤤 EST seem to perform better given extra power (and complementary tube). Gotta add this to my wishlist. And also M9 once released late this fall.. My wallet's crying right now

taken-1628590823801-edit-18448354311767.jpg

Also got to try the U6t at the store, they have one of the best BA bass in recent. Perhaps indistinguishable from DD, they're really good. Rather warm-tilted, but with good clarity and details up top. Kinda less warm & clearer version of Nio. Very good for male vocals, and EDM bass tracks. So-so for female. Treble smoother much preferred to me than U12t. Perhaps my favourite of the 64 lineup. It has that wide soundstage like U12t. Switchable MX module (may attenuate some bass, and highlight the mids more)

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #2,438 of 91,357

I've seen that. I'll look forward to impressions to see if it's a worthy successor to the M8 mantle :)

taken-1628589836458-edit-18499908618010.jpg

N3Pro + Baldr sounds absolutely delish 🤤 EST seem to perform better given extra power (and complementary tube). Gotta add this to my wishlist. And also M9 once released late this fall.. My wallet's crying right now

Glad you're enjoying the n3Pro. In terms of value/$ it's one of the best players on the market right now imho. I hope I get to hear the Baldr sometime :)

taken-1628590823801-edit-18448354311767.jpg

Also got to try the U6t at the store, they have one of the best BA bass in recent. Perhaps indistinguishable from DD, they're really good. Rather warm-tilted, but with good clarity and details up top. Kinda less warm & clearer version of Nio. Very good for male vocals, and EDM bass tracks. So-so for female. Treble smoother much preferred to me than U12t. Perhaps my favourite of the 64 lineup. It has that wide soundstage like U12t. Switchable MX module (may attenuate some bass, and highlight the mids more)

Interesting impressions. I've yet to really enjoy a 64 Audio IEM as I find their house sound to be too thin and dry on the whole (especially the mids) for my tastes. This does seem like an interesting release though...will hope an opportunity for a demo crosses my path sometime :)

Aug 10, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #2,439 of 91,357
I was going to give my Monarch and PW 1950s a week of breakin, but..........listening to them this morning to Patricia Barber's new album, Clique, they are the best I have heard in my collection. I started break in on late Sunday afternoon. Great album if you like bass fiddle.
Rocky, how come you never tried ThieAudio tribids. They would seem to be right down your alley.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #2,440 of 91,357
Rocky, how come you never tried ThieAudio tribids. They would seem to be right down your alley.

They came out at a time when I was caught up in the delusion that the only gear with considering is the super higher end stuff. I'm over that now and have recently been eyeballing the Clair.

In other news the W6.2 is a fuggin' great IEM. I know it's a BA/DD hybrid but there's scant info and no reviews I could find and I have no idea what it costs. The balance & body through the mids and highs is superb. Male and female vocals are both seductive and excellent, with the advantage probably going to female vocals slightly. Instrumental timbre is natural and nice and there is no shout in the mids or ting & zing in the highs. Bass is wonderfully textured but imho needs a touch more thump, rumble & extension-- this is the only ding in the armour so far but bear in mind I've so far only heard it through the n3pro and have not applied any EQ. I will say that this IEM has passed my most difficult test in that when trying to "listen critically" I find myself instead getting sucked into the music and oblivious to anything else. When an IEM can do this it's achieved the first step towards greatness. More impressions to come, especially after I've tried it through the M8.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #2,441 of 91,357
They came out at a time when I was caught up in the delusion that the only gear with considering is the super higher end stuff. I'm over that now and have recently been eyeballing the Clair.

In other news the W6.2 is a fuggin' great IEM. I know it's a BA/DD hybrid but there's scant info and no reviews I could find and I have no idea what it costs. The balance & body through the mids and highs is superb. Male and female vocals are both seductive and excellent, with the advantage probably going to female vocals slightly. Instrumental timbre is natural and nice and there is no shout in the mids or ting & zing in the highs. Bass is wonderfully textured but imho needs a touch more thump, rumble & extension-- this is the only ding in the armour so far but bear in mind I've so far only heard it through the n3pro and have not applied any EQ. I will say that this IEM has passed my most difficult test in that when trying to "listen critically" I find myself instead getting sucked into the music and oblivious to anything else. When an IEM can do this it's achieved the first step towards greatness. More impressions to come, especially after I've tried it through the M8.

Great to hear more positive reports on W6.2, @Xinlisupreme already has me very tempted with his initial impressions.

Aug 10, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #2,443 of 91,357
1628612186761.png

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #2,444 of 91,357
Please try a SPC cable and Epro horn tips… 😀
W6.2 pairs very well with ikko CTU-01, much more better than stock cable and cost 60$

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #2,445 of 91,357
Please try a SPC cable and Epro horn tips… 😀
W6.2 pairs very well with ikko CTU-01, much more better than stock cable and cost 60$

I'm quite enjoying the OG Sednafit tips-- they're my go-to's when I want to maximize bass impact. I don't have a lot of cables on hand unfortunately...and I tend to minimize cable rolling on gear I don't outright own. That said I will try my PW#10 on the Witch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back