The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 17, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #21,466 of 87,659
If rumours are true and it's a $4500 studio-monitor type earphone that will probably be a hard pass from me. Curious for impressions though.
I will certainly listen to it. It’s going to have to be spectacular to earn a spot in my overcrowded collection right now. Not its fault. Just late to the party.

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #21,467 of 87,659
I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure this is a 2-channel amp.

That's a headamp (I think that's the HA-300MK2). Now tube-amps are more my home-court and I can be the snot.....eh, not bad for a mid-fi release. :k701smile: The Soul KT170 was their 2-channel I've heard and it was pretty solid, didn't get to spend a lot of time with it. I'd actually like to give the 300MK2 a whirl when it releases, given Cayin's background in tuuuuuuubes. I'm sure as heck impressed with the RU6 and N8ii.

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #21,468 of 87,659
Ja, I’ve been lurking the thread and it’s quietly on my radar.
Did you know that you have a typo in your gear list for the N8ii? I’ve noticed it for a while. Was wondering if you were ever going to fix it.

That Cayin tube amp is gorgeous. Unfortunately, I already own 3 tube amps and I am very focused on the Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated amp and the Woo Audio WA33. It’s a crowded field and tube amps are hard to move on the resale market.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #21,469 of 87,659
Lee does have many pending orders now especially after the recent Canjam. He quoted me 4 weeks for my Annihilator though, so as a Malaysian we’ll see by then 😅

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #21,470 of 87,659
That's a headamp (I think that's the HA-300MK2). Now tube-amps are more my home-court and I can be the snot.....eh, not bad for a mid-fi release. :k701smile:The Soul KT170 was their 2-channel I've heard and it was pretty solid, didn't get to spend a lot of time with it. I'd actually like to give the 300MK2 a whirl when it releases, given Cayin's background in tuuuuuuubes. I'm sure as heck impressed with the RU6 and N8ii.

Everything I've tried from Cayin has been pure win. The RU6 may be the single best bang-for-buck option in portable audio right now.

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #21,471 of 87,659
Apr 17, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #21,472 of 87,659
I know he has a guy in China who helps him with some stuff. Built to order I believe, hence the lead time.

I don’t think he’d be able to handle being with a dealer like MusicTeck until he figures out his logistics.
Lee needs to scale up, or remain exclusive.
At a cross roads.
Momentum had to come first.

Wishing him luck.

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #21,473 of 87,659
I know he has a guy in China who helps him with some stuff. Built to order I believe, hence the lead time.

I don’t think he’d be able to handle being with a dealer like MusicTeck until he figures out his logistics.
Gotcha. Kind of what I assumed based on the lead times and non-typical ordering process. I'm sure Andrew would want to make sure demand, to a certain extent, could be met before onboarding any new IEM supplier. You wouldn't want customers waiting weeks/months on end for paid product and you also want your supplier to be successful and not overwhelm their build capacity. Working through sizable backlogs is a nightmare
I've heard stories from friends over in Malaysia that the local community there haven't been 100% happy with the wait times they've had to endure because of international orders. They've claimed slightly-preferential treatment towards countries like Japan, but I obviously can't confirm or deny that. Hopefully, the traction Elysian's gotten these past few months will give Lee the initiative and the resources to mend that.
Seeing as it sounds like it's really just Lee and one other person running the show I can understand the long lead times. His IEMs are clearly well liked so I'm sure there's demand and the want to take on more orders to continue the business. But they'll eventually be faced with the decision to scale accordingly otherwise things will stay-as is in regards to wait times and availability. If the Diva is well received then that will really force some decisions to be made.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #21,474 of 87,659
Did you know that you have a typo in your gear list for the N8ii? I’ve noticed it for a while. Was wondering if you were ever going to fix it.

That Cayin tube amp is gorgeous. Unfortunately, I only own 3 tube amps and I am very focused on the Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated amp and the Woo Audio WA33.
Haha, thank you! My eyesight is going these days too.

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #21,475 of 87,659
Lee does have many pending orders now especially after the recent Canjam. He quoted me 4 weeks for my Annihilator though, so as a Malaysian we’ll see by then 😅

Don’t wanna be a negative nancy but I was told 2-3 weeks, it took almost 4 months :D

6 weeks alone just to get the dummy moulds from my STL files which didn’t fit, so I had to get impressions done and send them to him. After all was finished it was between 3-4 months. Paid mid October and received mid/late January.

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #21,477 of 87,659
But it has 6.3mm and 4.4mm output. What would that be for if not headphones and iems?

Yeah my bad...it's a headphone amp. I'd love to plug my EXT into one of those lol.

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #21,478 of 87,659
Don’t wanna be a negative nancy but I was told 2-3 weeks, it took almost 4 months :D

6 weeks alone just to get the dummy moulds from my STL files which didn’t fit, so I had to get impressions done and send them to him. After all was finished it was between 3-4 months. Paid mid October and received mid/late January.

Mine is universal so it’ll be more straight forward. I think yours had some logistic issue as well since STL customs is done by his staff in China. Due to fit issues physical impressions is done by Lee himself. So maybe in btw that time it took time to coordinate?
I’m okay if mine takes over a month, but won’t be happy if it goes over 2 months 😅

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #21,479 of 87,659
But it has 6.3mm and 4.4mm output. What would that be for if not headphones and iems?

It's a headamp (for headphones). IEM's are usually a risky bet with pure tube design.......but there are certainly makers who have come up with some crazy quiet low-Z outputs.

Apr 17, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #21,480 of 87,659
It's a headamp (for headphones). IEM's are usually a risky bet with pure tube design.......but there are certainly makers who have come up with some crazy quiet low-Z outputs.

Just realized your avatar is Thurston Howell the 3rd...love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back