The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 17, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #21,436 of 88,480
C06DC1AE-CFB5-43C3-BBC1-15EC9A382450.jpeg

Also it’s no longer a “VE4” 😂 (the logo is fixed)

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #21,438 of 88,480
Apr 17, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #21,439 of 88,480
It's probably not the studio-monitor type you have in your mind...

Maybe but until I actually hear it for myself or have a number of reliable impressions from others as reference points I can only assess based on the words and descriptors used. Right now it sounds like it's going to be on the trajectory of something like the u12t...which is favorite of many but not at all my thing. YMMV. Curious to hear more about it though.

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #21,442 of 88,480
Maybe but until I actually hear it for myself or have a number of reliable impressions from others as reference points I can only assess based on the words and descriptors used. Right now it sounds like it's going to be on the trajectory of something like the u12t...which is favorite of many but not at all my thing. YMMV. Curious to hear more about it though.
Sure, lets hope the Storm finds a reseller in the US that would made demos available in NA. FWIW, I didn't like the U12t either. 😊

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #21,443 of 88,480
Hmm, you equate price to value proportionately to DDs over BAs?
Not necessarily no because I enjoyed the Traillii for 8 months and paid more for it than the MSRP of Storm. But it was also a reason why I ended up selling the Traillii. I don’t need a DD low IEM but at the Storm’s price point and my current personal preferences leaning towards DD bass that just means I’ll be extra critical towards it on whether or not it’ll get a place in my collection - keep in mind I have no desire to own it as a universal so whatever I’m buying in CIEM gets more scrutiny from me automatically.

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #21,446 of 88,480
Apr 17, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #21,448 of 88,480
Not necessarily no because I enjoyed the Traillii for 8 months and paid more for it than the MSRP of Storm. But it was also a reason why I ended up selling the Traillii. I don’t need a DD low IEM but at the Storm’s price point and my current personal preferences leaning towards DD bass that just means I’ll be extra critical towards it on whether or not it’ll get a place in my collection - keep in mind I have no desire to own it as a universal so whatever I’m buying in CIEM gets more scrutiny from me automatically.
I was all like you, always DD bass for me. Not that I think the Storm BA bass is the same or as good as a DD bass, I like the Storm more for the difference from other IEMS. But you gotta hear it for yourself to maybe get what I am saying, I cannot describe it exactly. Not night and day different; subtle, but noticeable. And different...

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #21,450 of 88,480
My guess is MusicTeck since it feels like everything else in the $4k+ range is there. :)
Except Elysian...hopefully that changes.
That would be perfect for me.

Though the direct to end consumer method Elysian is using now would have to carve out margin for MT. Either Andrew would have to be willing to distribute razor thin, Elysian decides to sacrifice margin in hopes of greater volume, prices go up, or some combination.

Since the demand seems apparent from the Cooler interest, if I was on the board of Elysian I would say “do it guys let’s build on our momentum”.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back