The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 13, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #20,672 of 90,547
I should have kept this plugged into the Jewel like I intended. 🫣 I need want another one now.

I did the same thing with the EVO, now I’m debating to wait until next month to get it or put it on a different CC and hope my wife doesn’t notice.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #20,673 of 90,547
For the C9 owners what interconnects have you used (apart from stock)? I’m looking at some options, preferring a bodied sound - close to neutral but leaning more warm / musical than analytical.

There is the PW option but rather costly (over $550 for an ultra short short 4.4mm to 4.4mm). The other is the Eletech ProAdapt series; liking the look and sound descriptions of the Socrates at the moment (Plato has also been suggested but cautious of all silver).

I tried the iFi cable and found it quite bright.
@NJoyzAudio did a lot of testing of interconnects for the C9. He may be able to share the long post he did on it with you (I can't find it now but it's in the C9 thread from late last year from what I recall )

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #20,675 of 90,547
Great improvement on XE6, pushes the upper mid range more forward which is a "weak" point on the XE6. I think I'm going to get another one lol. I am turning into @HiFiHawaii808 now... 😏
N8ii> Cardas Clear cable from @doctorjuggles > XE6 = Audio Nirvana for me. Guessing FT is good too!

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #20,676 of 90,547
Is that the custom Jewel? Seems like you got it really quickly if so?

And that universal one is still for sale....

Yessir! About 2 and a half weeks between order placed and received.

Indeed, I had actually sold it this morning but the shipping was too much for the buyer (international) so we canceled it. Almost all of the interest for the Jewel has come from overseas and the box it comes in is quite heavy, so it makes shipping really costly.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #20,677 of 90,547
N8ii> Cardas Clear cable from @doctorjuggles > XE6 = Audio Nirvana for me. Guessing FT is good too!

I hadn't used my XE6 since my return flight home from Vegas as almost all of my time recently has been on the CIEM Jewel to get it burned in. First song and it gave me goosebumps. Freaking love these. Then curiosity killed the cat with the FT so I've enquired about another one and maybe an EA Chiron but I'm not sure about that one, I'm a PW fanboy.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #20,678 of 90,547
Is the Senn IE900 the best sounding single DD IEM? Opinions? Just hooked up mine to Shanling M6 Pro 21. Its a nice little DAP, but no M9. Inspite of that, this puny little IEM is wiping the floor with my IEMs except my VE EXT and Phoenix . I used to think Dunu Zen Pro was the bees knees.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #20,679 of 90,547
Yessir! About 2 and a half weeks between order placed and received.

Indeed, I had actually sold it this morning but the shipping was too much for the buyer (international) so we canceled it. Almost all of the interest for the Jewel has come from overseas and the box it comes in is quite heavy, so it makes shipping really costly.

I'll trade you back the DX240 for it :joy:

In all seriousness, how's it compare to the NE4/6?

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #20,680 of 90,547
I'll trade you back the DX240 for it :joy:

In all seriousness, how's it compare to the NE4/6?

The Jewel? They aren't really comparable. The Kr5 has a really flat upper mid range whereas the Jewel ermmm... does not. The NE4 has quite a hefty mid bass thump too and the Jewel is much more reserved there.

The Jewel is like the Fiji water of IEMs, the FiR Frontier Series are like jager bombs in comparison. Two different purposes of consumption. 😂

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #20,681 of 90,547
I hadn't used my XE6 since my return flight home from Vegas as almost all of my time recently has been on the CIEM Jewel to get it burned in. First song and it gave me goosebumps. Freaking love these. Then curiosity killed the cat with the FT so I've enquired about another one and maybe an EA Chiron but I'm not sure about that one, I'm a PW fanboy.
The honeymoon period is still going strong for me with XE6.

I was thinking that blue box was going to cause you hassle with shipping Jewel. Can only imagine what you are being quoted for shipping overseas.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #20,682 of 90,547
The honeymoon period is still going strong for me with XE6.

I was thinking that blue box was going to cause you hassle with shipping Jewel. Can only imagine what you are being quoted for shipping overseas.

I wish it had Traillii packaging 🙄 /s

Honeymoon hasn’t ended for me and I’m 3 months deep, when an IEM is tuned this way and resonates with me it’s always enjoyable. It’s not something I want all the time but I can say that about all my IEMs, but when I use them it never fails to put a cheesy grin on my face.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #20,683 of 90,547
I wish it had Traillii packaging 🙄 /s

Honeymoon hasn’t ended for me and I’m 3 months deep, when an IEM is tuned this way and resonates with me it’s always enjoyable. It’s not something I want all the time but I can say that about all my IEMs, but when I use them it never fails to put a cheesy grin on my face.
Definitely a very fun set.

Are you going to pick up the Elysian Diva or are you bothered?

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #20,684 of 90,547
I should have kept this plugged into the Jewel like I intended. 🫣 I need want another one now.

7CCE8348-6125-4DDE-BC5C-537771203F13.jpeg
Now you know why I have 3 of them.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #20,685 of 90,547
Definitely a very fun set.

Are you going to pick up the Elysian Diva or are you bothered?

I should be getting a demo unit eventually. But given the asking price + big bass shelf + tuning ability of Lee I will probably end up buying one. Just want to hear it first and make sure it has a place in my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back