The top-tier (USD 300+) "Bassy enough basshead IEM" list.
Feb 16, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:
they're still respectable in the mid highs, but i think for the price you can do better. the bass rocks tho xD no sibilance for me

Did you try the sennheiser ie60, how is it? Is it bassy enough

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

I am not sure about this.  The bass as well as sub bass of FXZ200 is pretty week.  It can't even rumble on low sub-bass music.  You can hear the beat but the bass is not as solid even compare to JVC CKS1000.  You can't feel it is pushing the air with sub bass on FXZ200.

In case you want to know what I am expecting, I am expecting the earphone would push you the air when playing deep bass music.  It should rumble.  You should feel your eardrum is being pushed by the air of the bass.  A good basshead headphone would make your eardrum vibrate from bassy sound wave.  While I am not expecting a basshead headphone from an IEM, but I am looking for something with similar experience.  I guess you should know by now the quantity of bass I am looking for?

I'm pretty sure you don't have a good seal on the FXZ200. I auditioned the FXZ100 for a week, and those are cannons. Most owners say the 200 have even more, so play around with tips. 

I'm saying this because I own the GR07, which you say is almost adequate, and the FXZ definitely had almost twice the bass. 

Then again, you may be referring to pure sub-bass, where the FXZ is mostly mid-bass.

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

I am not sure about this.  The bass as well as sub bass of FXZ200 is pretty week.  It can't even rumble on low sub-bass music.  You can hear the beat but the bass is not as solid even compare to JVC CKS1000.  You can't feel it is pushing the air with sub bass on FXZ200.

In case you want to know what I am expecting, I am expecting the earphone would push you the air when playing deep bass music.  It should rumble.  You should feel your eardrum is being pushed by the air of the bass.  A good basshead headphone would make your eardrum vibrate from bassy sound wave.  While I am not expecting a basshead headphone from an IEM, but I am looking for something with similar experience.  I guess you should know by now the quantity of bass I am looking for?

You are seriously kidding me right? mate, I tried on that sub bass test you tube thingy, my brain rumbled so fricken hard that I had to take the IEM of after 2 minutes or so, massive headache was coming...that was my FXZ100, and according to all who own both, FXZ200's bass and sub-bass are bigger...

I can conclude that I am 99% sure you are not getting a proper seal, try shallow fit with large silicone perhaps?

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

I'm pretty sure you don't have a good seal on the FXZ200. I auditioned the FXZ100 for a week, and those are cannons. Most owners say the 200 have even more, so play around with tips. 

I'm saying this because I own the GR07, which you say is almost adequate, and the FXZ definitely had almost twice the bass. 

Then again, you may be referring to pure sub-bass, where the FXZ is mostly mid-bass.

mmm...definitely not to my ear, I'd say my FXZ100 sub bass is better than my Atrio, but slightly less than Hippo VB, quality wise, much much better than both Atrio and Hippo VB

May 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #22 of 32
Ath cks77 is very very good, but jvz200 is way better, very tip dependant and hard to get good seal, also scale up with an amp

Best ive heard was
JVC200 outta j3 also is best ive heard (cowons are pretty powerfull)
cowon j3 and SM64's (BA drivers, but they bang definatel)

May 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #23 of 32
Just to let everyone know that, I bought the Aurisonics AS-2 and just got it today.

For those who are looking for SUPER bass IEM, AS-2 is the one.  I mean, I have to adjust the bass port so that it won't hit so hard.  The 15mm dynmaic driver + open vent adjustable bass port makes you feel the bass.   The sound is warn and rich, human voice is a bit leaning forward.  However, it is not as clear on midrange as compare to other BA driver based CIEM. (as least this is my experience so far with 3 hours listening)  For a better review, see Kunlun's review http://www.head-fi.org/t/661775/review-the-aurisonics-as-2-15mm-dynamic-driver-2-balanced-armature-hybrid-custom-fit-stage-monitor

AS-2 hits HARD on bass.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #26 of 32
If you're suggesting the FXZ200's bass is lacking in quantity then either this post is a joke or you there just isn't any IEM on the market now that will suffice.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:
The B&W C5, they are really bassy, the quality is quite good and there is a lot of punch and some really good sub bass and it doesn't mess much with the mids and highs. But there is just so much of it so it takes a lot of the space, frankly they're are too bassy for me. Don't ask me why i bought them. But then again they're quite good if you eq the bass down. And if you get a good fit they're also good for running because they stay in your ears no matter how much you move around.

+2 or go Westone ADV series

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #28 of 32
JVC FX700

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:
JVC FX700

Excellent suggestion (although I still think the FXZ200 is bassier, but since the mids are recessed in the FX700 it may sound as it it's bassier).

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #30 of 32
I have the ASG-2, I find its only punch that exists yet sub bass is considerably rolled off. I wish the knob on the side adjusted the sub bass, ordered the IE80s on my quest for sub bass. To my understanding Aurisonics is possibly having a rev for this. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back