The Toneking discussion lounge
Oct 26, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #121 of 351
What about the new Toneking P10? Did somebody knows something about it?

I was just looking at the Toneking P10 and they indeed look very interesting. The BL1 has a 14mm planar driver and the new P10 has a 10mm planar driver, but the cost is nearly 300 so almost double what the BL1 cost. I'd love to read impressions of the P10 if anyone picks a pair up!

Toneking has released their new IEMs on aliexpress:

1) Toneking P10 - $199 USD
Looks to be a 10 mm planar driver IEM (based on google translate - please correct me if this is not accurate). Looks beautiful, and it seems u can order custom shells too. I've never tried a planar IEM, so am wondering if they are gonna be hard to drive and will they lack bass in general compared to a DD? I assume their competitor for planars at this price range would be the Tin HIFI P1.
The Toneking BL1 is also a planar, but seems there are more reviews about the Tin HIFI P1 than than BL1.

Hd39e532a36b949309bbeb9458bfb17d58.jpg

2) Toneking 1Q - $95 USD
Single DD IEM. They did a great job with the Ninetails for a DD, and I'm very partial to a great DD bass/tonality/timbre. I'm quite excited about this. But there've been quite a few stellar CHIFI single DD IEM releases recently like the KXXS, Tanchjim Oxygen and even the cheaper BLON BL-03, and some new ones coming out soon like the Fearless Audio DD. So fierce competition in this midfi CHIFI price range for DDs.

Hf179c23fd3a640e2a62c888256b15b20X.jpg

All just in time for 11/11!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #122 of 351
2) Toneking 1Q - $95 USD
Single DD IEM. They did a great job with the Ninetails for a DD, and I'm very partial to a great DD bass/tonality/timbre. I'm quite excited about this. But there've been quite a few stellar CHIFI single DD IEM releases recently like the KXXS, Tanchjim Oxygen and even the cheaper BLON BL-03, and some new ones coming out soon like the Fearless Audio DD. So fierce competition in this midfi CHIFI price range for DDs.

Suuuuper curious about this one. Wait... yep, order placed. :ksc75smile:

Couldn't even wait for 11.11.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #123 of 351

giphy.gif

I am curious about the other one. I am the only one in this house who has no planar iem! Surely there will be big discount during the sale

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #124 of 351

giphy.gif
You have no problem, Toneking earphones are dope

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #126 of 351
Toneking has released their new IEMs on aliexpress:

1) Toneking P10 - $199 USD
Looks to be a 10 mm planar driver IEM (based on google translate - please correct me if this is not accurate). Looks beautiful, and it seems u can order custom shells too. I've never tried a planar IEM, so am wondering if they are gonna be hard to drive and will they lack bass in general compared to a DD? I assume their competitor for planars at this price range would be the Tin HIFI P1.
The Toneking BL1 is also a planar, but seems there are more reviews about the Tin HIFI P1 than than BL1.

2) Toneking 1Q - $95 USD

All just in time for 11/11!

I just spoke to some sellers on AE about the single DD Toneking 1Q. This was discussed via google translate, so I'm not sure if they got my query correctly, but they said it was tuned to be neutralish rather than V shaped. I'll probably be giving it a miss if so, as I'm not really a fan of neutral tunings due to my basshead tendencies.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #128 of 351
The Toneking store on AE added a 4.4mm balanced cable to my order and sent a picture to make sure I approved. :ksc75smile:

Good stuff!

Edit: I approve.

Awesome! I think I may use 11/11 as the excuse to finally get a 9 tails. I think I found the AE Toneking store called, coincidentally, "TONEKING Audio Store," but it has a 0% positive feedback and I can't find the Nine Tail there in its 26 products. Where am I going wrong?

I approve too!

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #129 of 351
I’ve recently received the Nine Tails as per a few posts back yonder in the thread. Rather than just give my thoughts here, I think I’m going to add to the official review thread, when I get the chance. Only because in the Nt I feel I’ve received manna from the audio gods heaven.

Nov 1, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #130 of 351
The Toneking store on AE added a 4.4mm balanced cable to my order and sent a picture to make sure I approved. :ksc75smile:

Good stuff!

Edit: I approve.

Look forward to your review!

Awesome! I think I may use 11/11 as the excuse to finally get a 9 tails. I think I found the AE Toneking store called, coincidentally, "TONEKING Audio Store," but it has a 0% positive feedback and I can't find the Nine Tail there in its 26 products. Where am I going wrong?

I approve too!

Toneking was previously called Musicmaker, so if u search for some of their older IEMs, they may be marketed in the Musicmaker branding, but the IEM is the same actually.
I saw the Ninetails at a certain banned store @ $79 for 11/11. Maybe even cheaper with stacking coupons. Great deal IMHO.

I’ve recently received the Nine Tails as per a few posts back yonder in the thread. Rather than just give my thoughts here, I think I’m going to add to the official review thread, when I get the chance. Only because in the Nt I feel I’ve received manna from the audio gods heaven.

My friend, sorry for bringing u to the the entrance of the rabbit hole and introducing u to this money draining hobby. It's still not too late to turn back!

Nov 3, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #132 of 351
Anyone tried their full-size lekeway L8? It says dual dynamic drivers, walnut wood, 12-38000Hz. But the confusing part is the 34Ω/150Ω tech info, maybe there are 2 versions.
Eventually they'll release a line of TWS, perhaps even release another T88k revision with metal nozzle + vents. Musicmaker will grow strong.

Nov 3, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #134 of 351
Forgot to mention Toneking's latest monstrosity, the 1 (around USD $625
TONEKING 5动铁2静电7单元公模定制 动铁高解析hifi耳机 静电耳机)
What's the new Toneking model? I'm having trouble interpretating your post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back