The Toneking discussion lounge
May 13, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #346 of 351
All well and good Larry if you are one who just goes by graphs but since we all hear them a little differently you can't count on a graph telling you what it hears since it is set to just numbers on a scale and with the human ear there are so many variables that what one person hears on this graph may not be what another hears. I've had iem's that sound fantastic to my ears but look poor on a graph and vice versa. In this hobby I take graphs with a grain of salt until I've actually listened to said product. I can say this for sure my old wired SW III's have killer punch and are far from what I call neutral, of course with that said I've never heard a cable option pair. :beerchug:
Different venue , different acoustics :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #348 of 351
So, what happened to all the Toneking fans?? No Lucifer buyers?
1592158762949.png
If Toneking doesn't send out samples and nobody buys one, does a Lucifer make sound? :yum:
For what it's worth, I've owned three set of Lucifers. Two are still in working condition; the left ear piece went silent after 3 or 4 months. I love the sound signature. While they are light on the true sub bass, the low end is firm and rich. Mids are immaculate. There's a roll off at the high end (that I like) that is soothing, but might not be favored by all. Despite that, the instrument placement and separation is excellent. tldr; I love them but am a bit concerned that one died so young.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #349 of 351
For what it's worth, I've owned three set of Lucifers. Two are still in working condition; the left ear piece went silent after 3 or 4 months. I love the sound signature. While they are light on the true sub bass, the low end is firm and rich. Mids are immaculate. There's a roll off at the high end (that I like) that is soothing, but might not be favored by all. Despite that, the instrument placement and separation is excellent. tldr; I love them but am a bit concerned that one died so young.
Stop Spooking (or is that Stroopering) Me!

Lawdy Ms. Claudy.jpg

Jul 20, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #350 of 351
After 4 years I'm rediscovering my Toneking TK16S tonight. For the first time I´m 100% enjoying the sound that come out of this set.

I always suspected that they need some power to shine, since for more than I tried they tended to sound brittle and lacking mids..

Not tonight. The first thing I abandoned long ago was the cable... Unfortunately, neither the NiceHCK C16-3 nor the C16-5 pair well with the TK16S. Currently, I have them connected to a NiceHCK BlackCat, and the synergy is excellent. Then, I tried different tips... After using the JVC SpiralDot for a long time, which made the sound brittle, the Tri Clarion tips seem to be the best match for now...

But there was still one thing missing, the source. Until now, my source was a Cayin N5II... And even though it was better than my old Sony NWZ-A845, it could be a bottleneck in my system. Well, connected to my little JCALLY AP10, the TK16S finally sing!

The highs have detail (which has always been one of their strengths), but they are not brittle; the bass is powerful, and the sub-bass goes deep... and finally, I have mids.

It's true; they are already 4 years old, but I suspect that there might be newer IEMs being sold around the same price range, which may not be as good...

These IEMs had very little exposure here on the forum... I don't know if it's because they had a considerable price for CHIFI at the time, but I think it's a shame.

Aug 12, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #351 of 351
It's true; they are already 4 years old, but I suspect that there might be newer IEMs being sold around the same price range, which may not be as good...

These IEMs had very little exposure here on the forum... I don't know if it's because they had a considerable price for CHIFI at the time, but I think it's a shame.

You are right. Don't know exactly your release, but the ones I own scale nicely with their source. Toneking was and still is ahead of the times.
These are real hidden gems, but not this overrated influencer hype stuff. It's a pity they slowly disappear from market? Just my opinion...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back