The Toneking discussion lounge
Feb 8, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #331 of 351
I see them there for like €260 before shipping and that's WITH a discount. Should I hold off?
Ooh, that's going to be your call! You have to weigh things like how many may still be in stock anywhere and also I'm not sure what your currency is, that a Euro figure? If it's the equivalent to $225 US dollars I'd say they are worth that amount. Good luck with your purchase :beerchug:

Feb 8, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #332 of 351
Ooh, that's going to be your call! You have to weigh things like how many may still be in stock anywhere and also I'm not sure what your currency is, that a Euro figure? If it's the equivalent to $225 US dollars I'd say they are worth that amount. Good luck with your purchase :beerchug:
Yeah that's like uh... closer to $300 so maybe not right now. Thanks though!

Feb 8, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #333 of 351
Yeah that's like uh... closer to $300 so maybe not right now. Thanks though!
Ouch, may have to hold on until 11/11! In the meantime I love this shot:yum:

1644341249020.png

Feb 14, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #335 of 351
hmmm so it really looks like the difference in tuning of the old wired sw iii is huge vs the mmcx ver. based on this more recent fr graph by beteran audio on aliex, also i notice you guys here found the sw iii to have a shocking bass response but I always find my unit to lean more on the neutral side.fr1.pngfr2.png

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #336 of 351
hmmm so it really looks like the difference in tuning of the old wired sw iii is huge vs the mmcx ver. based on this more recent fr graph by beteran audio on aliex, also i notice you guys here found the sw iii to have a shocking bass response but I always find my unit to lean more on the neutral side.fr1.pngfr2.png
All well and good Larry if you are one who just goes by graphs but since we all hear them a little differently you can't count on a graph telling you what it hears since it is set to just numbers on a scale and with the human ear there are so many variables that what one person hears on this graph may not be what another hears. I've had iem's that sound fantastic to my ears but look poor on a graph and vice versa. In this hobby I take graphs with a grain of salt until I've actually listened to said product. I can say this for sure my old wired SW III's have killer punch and are far from what I call neutral, of course with that said I've never heard a cable option pair. :beerchug:

Feb 14, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #337 of 351
so you're telling me the ones that are probably a better option from a financial standpoint may not be the bass cannons I knew and loved? you truly hate to see it

wonder if an aftermarket MMCX cable would be an option?

Feb 14, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #338 of 351
so you're telling me the ones that are probably a better option from a financial standpoint may not be the bass cannons I knew and loved? you truly hate to see it

wonder if an aftermarket MMCX cable would be an option?
Its not that my wired pair could not deliver heavy hitting bass, its just that I never perceived it to be bass cannons when listening to non-bassy music. tho my pair is one of the older generations and with stock cable it sounded warm-ish for sure, but you could always mod it into mmcx compatible like what I did since the unit itself reacts well to cable swapping.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #339 of 351
All well and good Larry if you are one who just goes by graphs but since we all hear them a little differently you can't count on a graph telling you what it hears since it is set to just numbers on a scale and with the human ear there are so many variables that what one person hears on this graph may not be what another hears. I've had iem's that sound fantastic to my ears but look poor on a graph and vice versa. In this hobby I take graphs with a grain of salt until I've actually listened to said product. I can say this for sure my old wired SW III's have killer punch and are far from what I call neutral, of course with that said I've never heard a cable option pair. :beerchug:
Ive said this before in this thread that I saw the Tonekings official taobao page itself posting a more recent fr graph on their sw iii with a little bit of explanation on the changes they made but removed it after a couple of days and from what I remember its definetly a v-shape approach similar to what beteran has posted. Idk if the newer batches of sw iii continued the new fr response, only Toneking knows, and from what Ive observed on their page, user reviews and comments gets removed also over a certain period of time I still remember the sw iii accumulated around 80+ buyer reviews and is now gone, in which couldve been very helpful to future buyers since some posted very detailed and technical reviews on it. I understand your thoughts on fr graphs, but those two graphs difference is night and day, clearly different target response.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #341 of 351
I think ( and maybe m wrong ) Toneking replace the SW3 with something new FLAME41 ,

seems like it, this was also my thoughts when the flame was released, same configuration but with a more appealing shell, a good successor for the sw iii, tho Im still waiting for the successor for their Ninetails, I ask them around 2 years ago and they said its in the experimentation stage, (apparently they stopped producing it due to how hard it is to make the shells) hope it goes through.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #342 of 351
So, this Ty2 pro have been collecting dust for a while now, so I decided to spend some time with it.

Here's the look of the drivers

20220222_201818_HDR.jpg

They've added too much adhesive on the shell which I suspected to be the main cause of poor technicalities.
I also think they used a y1 tuning foam, which causes the ty2 to be unlistenable when using foams or even rubber tips.

20220222_201810_HDR.jpg20220222_202342_HDR.jpg

Turns out these have the potential to be really good, highly reacts to tuning, now I can use it with full foams and a much better low-end and technicalities.
This is what they are now, I may have butchered the looks but have to sand it down, had a difficult time opening the shells :)

20220308_204533_HDR.jpg

update:

Reverted the tuning back closer to its original sound, and out of the few tonekings I've owned, the ty2pro have the most natural sounding vocals/mids, probably treble as well, its dual drivers delivers amazing transients. My other bud that I was daily driving for a long time, Unicorn, doesn't come close to this except for low-end presence, and swapping this back and forth with my sw iii, I could hear that ba timbre coming out which I don't notice that much in general, the ty2pro delivers a very smooth and grain-free sound. The overall bass is tight and controlled, no mid-bass bloat, however low-bass has a modest quantity, it makes tones/instruments easier to discern with great clarity, better than sw iii in this regard though obviously lacks the sub-bass impact, but the trade-off is well worth it.

Attachments

• 20220308_204410_HDR.jpg
    20220308_204410_HDR.jpg
    984.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #344 of 351
I have recently seen a listing for a toneking l8 for really cheap, but I can't see any reviews on it. Do any of you have any experience with them? They come bundled with the Blon B60 for less than 130 euros. I find that for only the B60 that's a nice deal, but how about the tonekings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back