The Toneking discussion lounge
Sep 17, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #92 of 351
it posted a frequency response graph to the linked you posted (p10), just convert the currency for the v10 on their taobao page, its 1000yuan more than the t88k.

I think that would make it more than $500 which is so much more than I would ever pay for an iem... I could have a new refrigerator for that! Even that P10 at $200 is more than any of my iems or buds cost. I do have a few headphones in that range or higher.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #93 of 351
I think that would make it more than $500 which is so much more than I would ever pay for an iem... I could have a new refrigerator for that! Even that P1 at $200 is more than any of my iems or buds cost. I do have a few headphones in that range or higher.

xD I highly agree, but when I pulled the trigger and bought the sw iii which costed 4x more than any of my fullsized headphones, I say its worth it, Soundwise.

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #94 of 351
xD I highly agree, but when I pulled the trigger and bought the sw iii which costed 4x more than any of my fullsized headphones, I say its worth it, Soundwise.

how much was it?

Sep 17, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #97 of 351
So, hopefully you do not need any more expensive ones :)

Nah I dont think thats how it works for me xD, this hobby is an endless rabbit hole. As long as you hear a flaw in your gear and mods cant fix it and companies that keeps releasing new stuffs, our curiosity will never stop. But jumping out from the mid-fi stuff for awhile and buying more rather expensive ones like this sw iii narrowed down my search. But if chinese companies will continue releasing really good iems/cans at reasonable prices that will greatly benefit us audio lovers.

If the sw iii had the tuning filters like the 9way that would possibly be the end game for me :D

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #98 of 351
Nah I dont think thats how it works for me xD, this hobby is an endless rabbit hole. As long as you hear a flaw in your gear and mods cant fix it and companies that keeps releasing new stuffs, our curiosity will never stop. But jumping out from the mid-fi stuff for awhile and buying more rather expensive ones like this sw iii narrowed down my search. But if chinese companies will continue releasing really good iems/cans at reasonable prices that will greatly benefit us audio lovers.

If the sw iii had the tuning filters like the 9way that would possibly be the end game for me :D

The thing is, I don't hear flaws in my gear. I just get curious... or I think something is pretty like the one I posted. Also I kind of am addicted to getting little parcels in the mail. Plus... there is an enabler in the house.

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #99 of 351
The thing is, I don't hear flaws in my gear. I just get curious... or I think something is pretty like the one I posted. Also I kind of am addicted to getting little parcels in the mail. Plus... there is an enabler in the house.

welp it really depends from person to person. Im more of that guy who makes everything tuned to what I personally prefer it's just my habbit, thats why I always tend to find flaws in my gears and modify them, more like nitpicking. If theres a gear that will do everything that I want, that would be the end of my journey. Having many more gears is great but with that too much stuff, Id rather have one or a few that will do everything and will perform better than twenty other gears. And it would be hard to give them a proper amount of time to listen in each and everyone of it, and the total amount of money wasted is still the same, basically :)

and based on your list of gears some of them costs way more than the sw iii lol.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #102 of 351
Maybe its time to invest more on iems, the chinese are getting better at it.

No I have more than a few that are excellent. Plus, I have quite a few buds that are amazing...and I don't have to stuff tips in my ears. No isolation but I don't need it.

Sep 24, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #104 of 351
Changed tips on my Toneking T88k's a week ago.
I've been trying so many different tips for these, and really have felt that wide big / open tips were the best, but changed to longer, more narrow tips.

The level of treble increased substantially, sound is more airy, open, vocals improved - it's another pair of IEMs, the difference is night and day.

T88k for me has been a tough journey, just goes to show how important the right tips are - these IEM's is brilliant, I feel like I'm listening to music for the first time in my life, it was really that big of an improvement.

I'm reading mixed reviews for these, if they sound like mine do ( with the right tips ) it can't be because of the audio that they (re)produce.

The amount of details that these can pick up..... I'm getting concert vibes :dt880smile:

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #105 of 351
I've received my first Toneking product today, really looking forward to get to know these:

20190924_180839.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back