1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Toneking discussion lounge

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. larry piencenaves
    Hello, my favorite configuration is blue rear + bronze front filter via spinfit cp100 medium (mid-centric), was using the kz gold+silver+copper cable as it adds more warmth but currently back to the stock cable for now. imo the blue rear + blue front filter with cp 100 tips is the more sonically correct of all the configurations that I did, but that just me.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Wretched Stare and zedbg like this.
  2. baskingshark
    How's the shockwave 3? It looks nice and has great reviews but I've always considered it out of my budget.

Yeah agree the blue front and back filters are the most reference/neutral of the filters but the basshead in me felt angst at the lack of bass haha.
    But with both blue filters on, I gotta say the treble is quite nicely extended with airiness.

larry piencenaves likes this.
  3. mbwilson111
    I have silver,red and blue. What is bronze?

4. larry piencenaves
    bronze. I meant the stock filter, it does look more bronze in my eyes than silver so.. xD

mbwilson111 likes this.
  5. larry piencenaves

Been making a 3in1 review for Unicorn 9way and sw iii, but I cant post it for now since im away for work.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    baskingshark likes this.
  6. jant71
    Anyone have or order a Toneking T3 yet??

7. larry piencenaves
    baskingshark likes this.
  8. baskingshark
    They haven't released anything recently so that's good to know. It is pricey though.
    Do u know what is the tuning of the V10 and P10 like?

9. durwood
    Finally got around to measuring my 9T. I only have a tube coupler and a UMM6 mic but comparing other measurements made with it here is some observations of just the graphs.
    BN+SR~moondrop kanas pro signature
    SN+any rear~ETY diffuse field various levels of bass boost
    RN+BR~ sennheiser IE40pro?
    Red nozzle bass boost and no upper midrange boost

Note with this basic measurement setup, I do not get a graph that looks anything like the ones crabdog generated, and I came to the conclusion he definitely has a measurement rig or different way of measuring I cannot compare to at all. This is a dead horse discussion though, I know different systems do not match.

upload_2019-9-16_23-29-54.png

I think my favorite combo on the nine tails is silver nozzle with blue rear or the silver rear, depends on how much bass boost I want.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Slater, phthora and baskingshark like this.
  10. Wretched Stare
    I've wanted to try the TK Nine tails for a long time, I've heard it's a very good unusual IEM.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Slater likes this.
  11. baskingshark
    Yeah it's good if u like to customize your sound signature with tuning nozzles/filters (like V shaped to basshead to neutralish tuning) and if u like natural organic timbre of instruments. Maybe wait for 11/11 sale, I've seen the 9T drop below 80 USD before.

But nowadays this customizable tuning filters idea seems to be all the rage, with higher end IEMs like the LZ A4 - A6, JVC HA FDX01 and IMR R1 Zenith (to name a few) incorporating tuning filters. It gives more bang for buck as in a way, u can get more than one signature by just swapping filters.

thejoker13 likes this.
  12. mbwilson111
    I found the P10 on aliexpress. It looks stunning!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000156169067.html

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  13. larry piencenaves
    Sorry, Im also blind about their latest offerings, but sooner they will update the product pages so we'll have to wait.

baskingshark likes this.
  14. larry piencenaves

somewhat similar tuning to t88k, but with that price, Its questionable if it will beat the sw iii, t88k or the v10. but nonetheless very attractive iems.

15. mbwilson111
    Have you heard it? How do you know? As for the v10 I have no idea what that cost. I have not seen it anywhere in dollars.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last