The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jul 18, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #886 of 4,701
Quote:
While reading through this thread (again) I came across this gem that I missed before.
For some reason, we have some addiction to spending hordes of money for something incredibly subjective AND elusive.
I've searched the thread and haven't found what I'm looking for.
First of all I'm pretty pleased as I got these for about half price off of eBay. For the money they're quite good. Compared to my Sennheiser HD-280's there are some noticeable improvements in micro-detail and bass presentation. Overall the clarity is better and I'm hearing things like piano strikes in a much more "live" fashion.
I haven't had a chance to burn them in yet and that's what my question is about.
How long was your burn in and what do you think changed?
I ask because one very strong difference between the two cans I have is in the overall presentation. It's hard to describe but with the Hi2050's it's like most of the sound is very centrally focused. It's like voices and main instruments are very focused in between your ears whereas with my Senn's, those same sounds are further spread out/more balanced between the ears.
It's not a problem with the sound stage. As everyone has said, the sound stage is quite good and 3D orientation is good as well. These are at least on par with my Senn's in that dept and probably a bit better.
I'm just curious if the stage opens up more as they are burned in.

For breaking in headphones, I like to plug them into my receiver, set my cable TV box (audio source) to Metal, set the volume on the receiver to something just louder then I can stand
and leave the headphone under a blanket overnight (a few nights).
So give the headphone several over night sections and then see what improves.

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #887 of 4,701
Quote:
I currently have the Ultrasone HFI-780's and my question is if I get the Takstars HI 2050's, will It be an upgrade or more of a side grade? Thanks!!!

I would assume(?) if you already have headphones like the Ultrasone HFI-780,
there is no reason to buy the Hi2050s.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #888 of 4,701
Quote:

Blasfemi, you can never have to many headphones...
darthsmile.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #889 of 4,701

I guess I'm curious if the soundstage would be better for gaming since the hi2050's are semi-open and the HFI-780's are closed...Thanks

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #891 of 4,701
Hi guys, I'm looking into the Gemini HSR-1000 but I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. They're currently 59$ on ebay so it looks like a steal, but I was wondering how much of an upgrade will I get from CAL's which I'm using now? The CAL's were my first decent headphone but I kinda want something with a bit more detail in the mids while still having those good and fun lows that the CAL has. I'll be getting the Xonar DG so they should be decently amped.

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #892 of 4,701
Quote:
Hi guys, I'm looking into the Gemini HSR-1000 but I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. They're currently 59$ on ebay so it looks like a steal, but I was wondering how much of an upgrade will I get from CAL's which I'm using now? The CAL's were my first decent headphone but I kinda want something with a bit more detail in the mids while still having those good and fun lows that the CAL has. I'll be getting the Xonar DG so they should be decently amped.

The Xonar DG might(?) improve the audio quality of the CALs

If you have the CALs and in general like their audio quality and want to keep the CALS, then maybe you do not need to get the Gemini.

Me personally, I do not like to wear the CALs, the small cups leave almost no room between my ears and the diaphragm, so I do like the Gemini's better.

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #893 of 4,701
The Xonar DG might(?) improve the audio quality of the CALs

If you have the CALs and in general like their audio quality and want to keep the CALS, then maybe you do not need to get the Gemini.

Me personally, I do not like to wear the CALs, the small cups leave almost no room between my ears and the diaphragm, so I do like the Gemini's better.

I like the CALs lower end of the spectrum but they lack in the mid range and they aren't really comfortable + they get too hot to wear now in the summer so I planned on selling them. Anyways, I already ordered the Geminis because they were on sale so I was hoping someone can tell me how do they compare sound quality wise. I know I shouldn't be expecting a much better sq than on the CALs, but hopefully it is a tad better and they should be more comfortable.

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #894 of 4,701
How does the sibilance compare on the 2050/pro 80/other headphones?
And because I've gone about 20 pages back and have not found particularly solid comparisons in general, can someone provide a brief comparison between the takstar/gemini/technical variants?
And I know aliexpress isn't the most ideal of sites, but http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-SHIPPING-TAKSTAR-HI2050-T-S-Series-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Audio-Monitor-computer-accessories-games-Headphones/577556871.html the 2050 is on sale for $32/is even cheaper there than ebay. I don't know about you guys...

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #895 of 4,701
Quote:
I like the CALs lower end of the spectrum but they lack in the mid range and they aren't really comfortable + they get too hot to wear now in the summer so I planned on selling them. Anyways, I already ordered the Geminis because they were on sale so I was hoping someone can tell me how do they compare sound quality wise. I know I shouldn't be expecting a much better sq than on the CALs, but hopefully it is a tad better and they should be more comfortable.

Looking forward to your comparison when you receive the Gemini

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #896 of 4,701
Quote:
How does the sibilance compare on the 2050/pro 80/other headphones?
And because I've gone about 20 pages back and have not found particularly solid comparisons in general, can someone provide a brief comparison between the takstar/gemini/technical variants?
And I know aliexpress isn't the most ideal of sites, but http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-SHIPPING-TAKSTAR-HI2050-T-S-Series-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Audio-Monitor-computer-accessories-games-Headphones/577556871.html the 2050 is on sale for $32/is even cheaper there than ebay. I don't know about you guys...

IMHO the 2050 for $32 is a steal.

I own both the 2050 and the DJHSR1000 (Pro 80 variant) and after burning them in I don't detect any sibilance.

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #898 of 4,701
Quote:
+1; I'm tempted to buy another pair for 32. I'm totally happy with my HPT990 and I paid $50.

Looks like it's only free shipping for new members of Ali Express. When I login the shipping changes to $12.

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #899 of 4,701
There hasn't been much word on the internet with takstar's flagship 6000, would you say the objective build/sound quality on them is better than the competition at the $100 price point?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/NEW-Takstar-T-S-HD6000-Dynamic-Stereo-Headphones-Earphones-Professional-Audio-Monitoring-Reservations/106916_855182974.html
$86. Not too shabby. People have commented on much better staging and much less sibilance. A worthy headphone? I don't have a reference can, but I could become the guinea pig for you guys :>

The sellers usually subsidize the "free shipping" into the cost because the standard shipping is so cheap there. It also takes a long ass time to ship. When they aren't subsidising it into the cost, you can select a faster service :D

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-takstar-pro-80-audio-encoding-game-headphones-good-headsets-bass-computer-headphone-music-headband/1098852882.html

also found the pro-80's on sale for $37, free shipping. Which has the lesser sibilance once all is said and done? And is it subjective or objective that these have relative SQ to say, m50's or fa-003 or srh-840?

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #900 of 4,701
Oh no. I just bought the Hi2050 ($40) before I saw the Pro 80 is on sale too. Is there a significant difference between the two in term of sound?   Nevermind. The seller have a couple of review showing lack of service especially when dealing with late shipping. I rather pay more for on-time delivery. But I'm still wondering if Takstar HD6000 is any different. Procrastinating, please try it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back