The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jul 6, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #871 of 4,698
Well, I'm about to join the HI2050 club. I just ordered a pair of these things after reading all of the glowing reviews here and elsewhere online.
My only other phones are an aged pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pros. Being Sennheisers they're a bit more dark so this change from closed/dark to open/bright is going to be interesting. I previously owned a pair of Grado SR225s and never wore them because they were just too bright/lacked bass AND I didn't have a decent amp at the time.
I currently use a Schiit Modi attached to an LD MKII and have an Aune T1 on the way. The amp problem is solved (until I convince myself otherwise...) so now I'm really curious to hear these new cans.
I like the idea of improved sound stages and extra clear resolution but I need my bass too! I'm imagining I'll be rolling a variety of tubes after I get the Takstars in order to find a good sonic match.

Thanks all for your reviews and suggestions and knowledge regarding this little known headphone!

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #872 of 4,698
Just been researching around, the Takstar HD 6000 might also be sold under the name Victory.

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #874 of 4,698
Hi all,

I've got my Takstar HD2000 since March, and i'm very pleased.

Sound signature: sligthtly V-shaped
Sound: open, spacious and well-detailed
Isolation: medium
Comfort:Very comfortable
Durabiltity:Made from hard plastic, but the cables are weak IMO.

Takstar is an OEM so there are couple of rebrands available, if you're lucky you can find it in your country:

CITRONIC MH50
CHORD MH50
DENOX DNX 1250
IDANCE IBIZA 101
INVOTONE HD2000
LDSYSTEMS HP700
NEU HX6000
REDROCK KP30
SOUNDSATION HD40
STAGG SHP5000H

I've bought the Invotone version for 24 Euro.

Also i've found the Takstar HD6000 under the name Omnitronic SHP-5000.( Specs are different or the 15Hz is a mistake-I don't know.)

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #875 of 4,698
Quote:
I've got my Takstar HD2000 since March, and i'm very pleased.
Sound signature: sligthtly V-shaped
Sound: open, spacious and well-detailed
Isolation: medium
Comfort:Very comfortable
Durabiltity:Made from hard plastic, but the cables are weak IMO.
Takstar is an OEM so there are couple of rebrands available, if you're lucky you can find it in your country:
CITRONIC MH50
CHORD MH50
DENOX DNX 1250
IDANCE IBIZA 101
INVOTONE HD2000
LDSYSTEMS HP700
NEU HX6000
REDROCK KP30
SOUNDSATION HD40
STAGG SHP5000H
I've bought the Invotone for 24 Euro. You can find out more here:http://invotonehd2000.blogspot.com
Also i've found the Takstar HD6000 under the name Omnitronic SHP-5000.( Specs are different or the 15Hz is a mistake-I don't know.)

I'm going to make a guess it's all the exact same headphone, they might claim different specs just to make each brand name not to have to directly compete against the another.

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #876 of 4,698
The Gemini HSR-1000 is selling for $50, on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gemini-Gemini-DJ-HSR-1000-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones-Black-/370837185581?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item56579e642d

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #879 of 4,698
Jul 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #880 of 4,698
Can anyone compare the sound of the Pro80 to the Superlux 662f? I have a pair of those which I really like (except I find the mids a bit recessed). I don't really want anything with more recessed mids or even more bass emphasis than 662f. A comparison against the Sennheiser HD428 (which I've also heard) could also help me. Thanks!

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #881 of 4,698
Quote:
Can anyone compare the sound of the Pro80 to the Superlux 662f? I have a pair of those which I really like (except I find the mids a bit recessed). I don't really want anything with more recessed mids or even more bass emphasis than 662f. A comparison against the Sennheiser HD428 (which I've also heard) could also help me. Thanks!

I've never listened to HD662s, just the HD668b and Samson SR850s.
Lately the Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) have been selling for around $50 on eBay. So I say to get the Pro 80s (or Gemini).

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #882 of 4,698
Quote:
I am sure a pair of 2050 from a laptop would be quite fine and enough for 95% of the worlds population, but this is head.fi and some of us are regular madmen, I was bitten by a radioactive Headphone at a science experiment so I have a legal excuse.....

While reading through this thread (again) I came across this gem that I missed before.
For some reason, we have some addiction to spending hordes of money for something incredibly subjective AND elusive.

I've searched the thread and haven't found what I'm looking for.

First of all I'm pretty pleased as I got these for about half price off of eBay. For the money they're quite good. Compared to my Sennheiser HD-280's there are some noticeable improvements in micro-detail and bass presentation. Overall the clarity is better and I'm hearing things like piano strikes in a much more "live" fashion.
I haven't had a chance to burn them in yet and that's what my question is about.
How long was your burn in and what do you think changed?
I ask because one very strong difference between the two cans I have is in the overall presentation. It's hard to describe but with the Hi2050's it's like most of the sound is very centrally focused. It's like voices and main instruments are very focused in between your ears whereas with my Senn's, those same sounds are further spread out/more balanced between the ears.
It's not a problem with the sound stage. As everyone has said, the sound stage is quite good and 3D orientation is good as well. These are at least on par with my Senn's in that dept and probably a bit better.
I'm just curious if the stage opens up more as they are burned in.

Jul 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #883 of 4,698
Quote:
I'm just curious if the stage opens up more as they are burned in.

I don't remember if soundstage opened up with burn in. My pair of 2050 is definately burned in and I would not describe it having a wide soundstage. It is ok just not that wide. But what it looses in soundstage width it makes up in debth and imaging. It sounds realistic. With most of my favorite music using crosfeed is a must but with takstars it is tolerable without crosfeed. Many headphones with exceptionally wide soundstage sound terrible without crosfeed. Sounds coming behind your shoulder and stuff like that...  Maybe removing dampening inside of the cups would widen the soundstage. I was surprised to notice that 2050 is more of a semi open than open headphone. There is a hole about and inch in diameter that is fully open.

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #885 of 4,698
I currently have the Ultrasone HFI-780's and my question is if I get the Takstars HI 2050's, will It be an upgrade or more of a side grade? Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back