The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 22, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #541 of 4,696
Quote:
Would you consider the Pro 80 an improvement in sound compared to the open 2050? They may have a smaller sound stage but overall even tho they are closed, they do perform slightly better don't they? With the added benefit of them having leather pads, noise isolating & completely black?
biggrin.gif

If the 2050 is closer to DT880's sound, what would you compare the Pro 80's sound with?

Pro 80s closer to the DT770s(?).
I do think the Pro 80s sound a little better then the Hi2050s

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #543 of 4,696
Pro 80s closer to the DT770s(?).
I do think the Pro 80s sound a little better then the Hi2050s

Thanks, I think I now have to go with the Pro 80. Actually just got it off ebay from a member for only 70 Bucks and its including international shipping from China. (ya chew on that you suckers who paid more then $80) Muhahahahha :p

Did you ever replace the spiral cables of your ones? got any pictures? Anyway, a side question. Are the DT770 better then DT880? It sounds strange because DT770 are supposed to be a lower model than the DT880 which is an open headphone(which is supposed to mean higher quality sound?) yet DT770 are better?

Okay, Thanks guys for the help :)
the birdzbrains appreciates :wink:

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #545 of 4,696
Quote:
Thanks, I think I now have to go with the Pro 80. Actually just got it off ebay from a member for only 70 Bucks and its including international shipping from China. (ya chew on that you suckers who paid more then $80) Muhahahahha
tongue.gif

Did you ever replace the spiral cables of your ones? got any pictures? Anyway, a side question. Are the DT770 better then DT880? It sounds strange because DT770 are supposed to be a lower model than the DT880 which is an open headphone(which is supposed to mean higher quality sound?) yet DT770 are better?

Okay, Thanks guys for the help
smily_headphones1.gif

the birdzbrains appreciates
wink.gif

I usually prefer open headphone, my ear drums take a pounding for wearing closed headphones.
I would normally wear my DT880, over my DT770s, unless I need to block outside noise, I live in an apartment.

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #546 of 4,696
Thanks, I think I now have to go with the Pro 80. Actually just got it off ebay from a member for only 70 Bucks and its including international shipping from China. (ya chew on that you suckers who paid more then $80) Muhahahahha :p

Okay, Thanks guys for the help :)
the birdzbrains appreciates :wink:

Congrats on the purchase! Let us know how they sound when you get them. :)

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #547 of 4,696
When comparing the DT770 and DT880 / DT990 why do a lot of people say the DT770 is Darker and 880 sounds better out all of the three and more natural because its open? Does the Dt880 really sound better and more natural? I dont get it.

If the the Hi 2050 supposedly sounds like a DT880 and the Pro 80 sounds like a DT770. Shouldn't I have gone for the Hi 2050 instead?

I know kinda lame question but still wondering whats the deal about the Open vs Closed DT770 vs DT880 thing?

Thanks Bigben and PurpleAngel, I couldn't have chosen the phones without your feedback.

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #548 of 4,696
Quote:
When comparing the DT770 and DT880 / DT990 why do a lot of people say the DT770 is Darker and 880 sounds better out all of the three and more natural because its open? Does the Dt880 really sound better and more natural? I don't get it.
If the the Hi 2050 supposedly sounds like a DT880 and the Pro 80 sounds like a DT770. Shouldn't I have gone for the Hi 2050 instead?
I know kinda lame question but still wondering whats the deal about the Open vs Closed DT770 vs DT880 thing?
Thanks Bigben and PurpleAngel, I couldn't have chosen the phones without your feedback.

I'm assuming open headphones are better because you do not have sound waves bouncing around the inside of the cup before going into your ear.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #549 of 4,696
The difference in DT770 and DT880 is not just the cups..
I know 880/990/770 share drivers, but there is some electronics attached to those drivers, which is doing things to the sound..

I also think that comparing them to the beyers is done solely because they look a bit like them..

Making an open phone is much much easier than making a closed one, you have much less that can go wrong in an open phone, smack in some good drivers and it will sound good, a closed phone is a completely different beast, because like the angel stated, you have sound bounching back and forth between the walls of the cup..

The thing with the restricted drivers, comming from working in a small room, I am not so sure about that, many drivers have a "blowhole" so that the pressure is not building up or goes down inside the cups..

Last I do not find open phones superior to closed ones, the closed ones can deliver a magic, which is impossible for an open phone to do, at least to my ears, also I like the added details you get fom a closed phone, they come forth because of the isolation..

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #550 of 4,696
For people asking whether to get the opened or closed, I went with the opened (2050).  I've always had difficulty going to closed headphones, and eventually sold them coming from the ad700 (my first decent headphone).  I decided to never buy closed again.  I also have no distractions at home, and actually don't mind the ability to hear outside noise in case I need to.

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #551 of 4,696
Quote:
For people asking whether to get the opened or closed, I went with the opened (2050).  I've always had difficulty going to closed headphones, and eventually sold them coming from the ad700 (my first decent headphone).  I decided to never buy closed again.  I also have no distractions at home, and actually don't mind the ability to hear outside noise in case I need to.

Be sure to tell us how you think they compare with the AD700

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #552 of 4,696
Reading this thread makes me confused a little.. Am i right in saying the PRO80 is intended as an higher end closed model by Takstar, whereas the 2050 is the equivalent, but then an open model? If so, it does actually suprise me that so many people state that they prefer the closed model over the open one. Is it mainly because of the bass with you guys (which is usually better with closed cans - in my experience at least) or is it because of the entire package? (Granted; the case that comes with the PRO80 looks awesome in my opinion..)

I haven't heard or seen both models in real life (kind of difficult when you are not living in China i guess..) mind you. Makes you wonder if Takstar shouldn't introduce a 'better' /higher end open phone. I mean, the entrire package of the closed phones doesn't really match up what you get with the (abeit cheaper) open phones, right?

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #553 of 4,696
Quote:
Reading this thread makes me confused a little.. Am i right in saying the PRO80 is intended as an higher end closed model by Takstar, whereas the 2050 is the equivalent, but then an open model? If so, it does actually suprise me that so many people state that they prefer the closed model over the open one. Is it mainly because of the bass with you guys (which is usually better with closed cans - in my experience at least) or is it because of the entire package? (Granted; the case that comes with the PRO80 looks awesome in my opinion..)

I haven't heard or seen both models in real life (kind of difficult when you are not living in China i guess..) mind you. Makes you wonder if Takstar shouldn't introduce a 'better' /higher end open phone. I mean, the entrire package of the closed phones doesn't really match up what you get with the (abeit cheaper) open phones, right?

Why should Takstar introduce something new? Both the Hi2050 and Pro 80 greatly outperform their price ranges as it is. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #555 of 4,696
Quote:
I have a hard time chosing between those two, it depends on the day, some days it is 2050 others it is Pro80..

The complete package ?
Pro80 no doubt, it looks and feels nicer, the only downside is the coiled cable..

>Looks
>Feels
>Implying that affects the sound and the fact that it is open vs closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back