The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 5, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #407 of 4,701
just bought the hi-2050 to replace my gaming headsets, sony pulse elite and g930; 60$ w/ DHL shipping.  I convinced 4 other friends to purchase them too.  Hopefully they won't disappoint.  Besides my Klipsch s4, i've only ever used gaming headsets.  At this point, I will probably be impressed with about anything.  I just have very sensitive ears, can't wear leatherette. Are there any recommendations for some velour ear pads replacement, or are the stocks good enough?  Also, has anyone done a snap cord mod?  Would be great to have a tutorial.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #408 of 4,701
Thinking about getting the HI-2050 or Technical Pro HPT 990 and I found that gearclubdirect.com has the Technical Pro HPT 990 for 59.99 w/ free shipping.  Does anybody have experience with them?  Might be nicer to deal with a US company if I need to return them and it is only about 6 dollars more than the aliexpress options.  

Jan 5, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #410 of 4,701
Quote:
Thinking about getting the HI-2050 or Technical Pro HPT 990 and I found that gearclubdirect.com has the Technical Pro HPT 990 for 59.99 w/ free shipping.  Does anybody have experience with them?  Might be nicer to deal with a US company if I need to return them and it is only about 6 dollars more than the aliexpress options. 

I'm fairly sure your not going to want to return them.
But I would still pay the extra $6 for local shipping, as the headphones would arrive a lot faster.

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #412 of 4,701
Got Takstar HI2050 today (thanks pro1137) and just using the ELE DAC they sound better then what I had before, and that's even without a burn in.

Just wondering, what amp are people using with these kind of headphones? I was looking at Fiio E11 but I think I will go crazy not being able to use while charging. Anything else is just too expensive, I haven't got the cash to buy a E17, Magni, LittleDot etc.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #413 of 4,701
Quote:
Got Takstar HI2050 today (thanks pro1137) and just using the ELE DAC they sound better then what I had before, and that's even without a burn in.

Just wondering, what amp are people using with these kind of headphones? I was looking at Fiio E11 but I think I will go crazy not being able to use while charging. Anything else is just too expensive, I haven't got the cash to but a E17, Magni, LittleDot etc.

For a few extra dollars, you can get the E11 some spare batteries (BL-5B) and a separate battery recharger.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #414 of 4,701
Quote:

Just wondering, what amp are people using with these kind of headphones? I was looking at Fiio E11 but I think I will go crazy not being able to use while charging. Anything else is just too expensive, I haven't got the cash to buy a E17, Magni, LittleDot etc.

I actually don't normally use an amp with mine. I have the cMoy BB V2.03, but, I find them to work fine without any external amplification.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #415 of 4,701
Quote:

I actually don't normally use an amp with mine. I have the cMoy BB V2.03, but, I find them to work fine without any external amplification.

How do they sound with that amp? I would want to get the best out of these headphones.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #416 of 4,701
Quote:

How do they sound with that amp? I would want to get the best out of these headphones.

I find the amp gives a bit more sparkle to the highs, and, obviously with the bass boost function, increased bass impact.

I would recommend it over the FiiO E11, due to the E11's problem with static noise. 

Most say the PA2V2 is the best amp around $60. I haven't heard it myself, though.

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #417 of 4,701
I just received my HI2050s. One half album in and I like what I'm hearing. I'll post futher impressions after I give them a bit of a work out. For the record I ordered mine on December 14th so just about 3 weeks.

cubdog

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #418 of 4,701
Quote:

I find the amp gives a bit more sparkle to the highs, and, obviously with the bass boost function, increased bass impact.

I would recommend it over the FiiO E11, due to the E11's problem with static noise. 

Most say the PA2V2 is the best amp around $60. I haven't heard it myself, though.

Cheers, that's kind of what I was expecting. The PA2V2 looks great and for the price I think I might order it.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #419 of 4,701
For those interested in getting a HI 2050, I went with aliexpress and the company Peaceful Taste E-commerce Co., Ltd.  If you are a new member to aliexpress, you can get a $5 off coupon if you use mastercard (make sure not to sign up before this offer which you can find on the main page).  Peaceful Taste has a $2 off coupon, so those two together brought the final total to about $45.  Not a huge price difference to the HPT 990 on gearclubdirect, but I am patient (and cheap). 

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #420 of 4,701
I haven't noticed any static issues with my E11 so far with none of my headhones. (M80, COP, RP-H[size=small]TX7)[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back