The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Dec 31, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #377 of 4,701
Quote:
Referred to this thread kinda indirectly.

How depth-y are the pads? It's kinda hard to tell from the pictures, even pictures of the Beyers, but I'm looking for something with cups as deep as the HD380s.

I don't know much about the 380, but I have both the DT770 and Hi2050, can I can definitely say that the DT770 have deeper cups than the 2050. DT ones don't even touch my ears while I'm wearing them. Hi2050 does, but just barely.

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #378 of 4,701
Hi

I also want to extend the cable as its a bit short for me. I do not want to use another connection ie socket and plug as this further degrades the sound. So I'm still interested to find out if anybody can anwser my previous questions and offer any advice.

Many thanks

Pegwill

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #379 of 4,701
Taking off the pads is like most other phones, no problem.
I have put a mogami cable on my pro80, but kept the cable between the cups, mostly to get rid of the spiralcord, but it did not make them sound worse..

I do not know about the 2050 but pro80 has normal wires, not with lackuer so easy to solder.

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #380 of 4,701
Quote:
Hi Guys

I just bought a pair of Takstar 2050 and am very happy with them. I feel they would perform better if they were recabled with some Mogami quad, which I find is a great cable for headphones. Searching through the thread I could not see where any body else has carried out recabling for the 2050. Before I attempt to do it I have a few questions:

1) How do the velor covers come off?
2) How do you get from the left ear cup to the right ear cup so that you can recable it all the way through?
3) has anybody else recabled them and do you have any advice?

Many thanks

Seasons Greetings and all the best for the New Year

Regards

Pegwill

I chewed (Yeah, bad habit) the cord on mine so i had to cut and replace it. Basically the drivers are quite easy to recable. there's about 5 points(3 extra to connect the wires for the other cup) on the left driver and 2 on the right.
There's a wire going up through the headband that connects the cups, if you're looking for a performance increase though, i'd suggest drilling a hole since you cant really replace the top wire without some effort. 
As far as removing the earpads goes - just pull them off.

My advice is that these are quite easy to work with and that you shouldn't drink too much caffeine before attempting.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #382 of 4,701
This thread has been a great help, thank you to everyone.

Before I order I just wanted to make sure the Technical Pro hpt990 are the same as the Takstar hi2050? Don't really feel like waiting 25 days for Takstars if they are the same.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #384 of 4,701
OK, I "drank the KoolAid" and bought a pair of Takstar Hi2050  from Aliexpress.com just now.    $52 plus change delivered.  
L3000.gif

Hope they are as good as an equally priced Sony, etc.

They DO look nice and comfortable with those plush velour ear pads.   With any luck, the sonics will be up to snuff as well.

Mark

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #385 of 4,701
Quote:
OK, I "drank the KoolAid" and bought a pair of Takstar Hi2050  from Aliexpress.com just now.    $52 plus change delivered.  
L3000.gif

Hope they are as good as an equally priced Sony, etc.

They DO look nice and comfortable with those plush velour ear pads.   With any luck, the sonics will be up to snuff as well.

Mark

Prepare to be blown away..

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #386 of 4,701
Thanks Claus-DK!

I appreciate your taking the lead on these Takstar HI2050's.    I would have not have even know of them otherwise.

Looking forward to them.    I've been messing around with inexpensive IEM's/earbuds lately but there's something just so right about a huge, comfortable set of "real" headphones!

I'm going to try them with my little Bravo 12AU7 based amp.   Not the Ocean.   The other one with the sort of open frame.   I had to put in a good word for that.   Good little amp in my opinion!

Happy New Year to you!

--Mark

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #387 of 4,701
Hi Mark
Thanks for the kind word..
I also had the Bravo or was it the Indeed, who knows and who really cares..

I did not like those amps at all, I love the signature and their musicality, but the crosstalk was really getting to my nerves, so it had to go..
Theres is a pimped version of the Bravo, the "Sunrise" and it is a completely different ballgame, a bit more expensive, but really worth the extra money..
I even had my sunrise on tour among members at Hoved-fi, so have not seen this little gem in more than a year, so I can not even tell if that is a good match..
*so sad isn´t ?* LOL

What I can say for sure is that the 2050 and pro80 really comes to their right with good amplification, they play well connected to just about everything, but do not be fooled by the price, they are good enough to live up to quite decent amps.

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #388 of 4,701
Hi Claus,

I have not noticed a problem with my amp (crosstalk).    Perhaps this was addressed by Bravo later on.   I just got the amp last summer and was "wowed" at the difference between plugging headphones into this vs. straight into the CD player's jack.

I've had stereos since childhood but this is my first headphone rig.    I've been bitten.    But I think not like you.   Did I read you had 80 pairs?   Ha!

I will try to find the Sunrise (that almost sounds poetic!).      Anything pimped out has got to be pretty cool!

Wish I were having a good Danish beer with you.    I got to go to Copenhagen in the early 1980's and enjoyed it very much.   

All the best,
Mark

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #390 of 4,701
Ok, so I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Takstars. My problem is this, I can't decide on which one.

What I want: 1. Good, clear bass. Doesn't have to be boomy, but tight. Which has more, 2050 or pro 80?
2. Durable. I will most likely use these outside, not necessarily in the rain, but outdoors.
3. Sound quality. I want the best bang for my buck. (But come on, who doesn't?)
4. Comfort. I will use them a lot (hopefully)
5. Easily moddable. Just in case I want to change something in the future.

All in that order, which one should I get? Hi2050, or Pro 80?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back