The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Nov 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #287 of 4,698
Nov 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #288 of 4,698
Quote:
Looks like the price just dropped to $58.

Ordered the Gemini HSR-1000 from Tech Woot.
$58 + $5 shipping + $5.20 tax (Calif), Total is $68.20

Edit, I just checked "ResellerRating" on Woot.
Of the 223 customer reviews, about 1/3 gave Woot a very low rating.

I've already ordered, so I'm going to see what happens.
I would suggest that if you do order from Woot, do not pay more then the normal $5 for basic shipping.
I'm guessing even if you pay more for faster shipping, it will still only be basic shipping.

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #289 of 4,698
thread is still active, nice

im looking to buy headphones for fps games and rock music, takstars looks like good/value buy
now im between TS-671 and HI2050
if i get it correctly, HI have more bass and should be better for rock music, while TS have better stage/positional cues

HI is 15 usd less and i was almost ready to buy it, BUT i found that they can be uncomfortable on big heads
i dont have gigantic head, but lets say i have bigger head then most of my friends
actually i found that Technical Pro HPT990 is uncomfortable, are they completely same or they have same drivers?
anyone with HI2050 and big head can comment on comfort?

i know that comfort and size of head is personal, so ...

comfort is important to me, TS-671 should be comfortable, but is TS-671 any good for rock music?
i listen large range of rock, from hendrix to rhcp, some "metal" like iron maiden and sometimes i like ska
i prefer clear sound over bassy , instrumental separation, ... (what TS have) ,
but i dont want bass anemic HP like ad700 cuz bass guitar from steve harris/flea make me cower :)
i know there are better HP for rock, but can TS-671 deliver some bass when is needed?

or u have some other HP to recommend ? budget around 100 usd, but i can stretch to 150 if ...
spacious soundstage that is enjoyable for rock

thx for reading

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #290 of 4,698
Quote:
Edit, I just checked "ResellerRating" on Woot.
Of the 223 customer reviews, about 1/3 gave Woot a very low rating.

I've already ordered, so I'm going to see what happens.
I would suggest that if you do order from Woot, do not pay more then the normal $5 for basic shipping.
I'm guessing even if you pay more for faster shipping, it will still only be basic shipping.

Oh wow, i did not know that Woot had such a bad reputation. I've ordered 4-5 things from them in the past 3 years, everything came on time without a hitch... Never had to use their customer service so I guess I was kinda lucky.

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #291 of 4,698
Quote:

Oh wow, i did not know that Woot had such a bad reputation. I've ordered 4-5 things from them in the past 3 years, everything came on time without a hitch... Never had to use their customer service so I guess I was kinda lucky.

Woot gets a lot of customer service complains, like no answering phones or email or shipments arriving with damaged product, but I figured headphones are a little hard to damage during shipment.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #293 of 4,698
Sent a private message to Jackwess, hopefully he updates the title of this thread to "The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Thread".

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #297 of 4,698
Quote:

Can someone comment on my post?
Or just short one, is TS-671 any good for rock music?

Using the TS-671 and listening to AC/DC (All night long) sounds good to me.
Not really a big bass, more like decent bass, but over al sound quality is good.

You do know the TS-671s are 120-Ohm?

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #298 of 4,698
Quote:
Using the TS-671 and listening to AC/DC (All night long) sounds good to me.
Not really a big bass, more like decent bass, but over al sound quality is good.

You do know the TS-671s are 120-Ohm?

thank you very much
was hoping for "decent bass", cant have it all
y, 120 Ohm, xonar dgx should be good?

if i can ask u to compare them with yours hd 558 and SR850 in Soundstage/Positional accuracy/Detail retrieval?

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #299 of 4,698
Just tried the Stereophile Q40 - it's veiled and there's some freq. distortion when there's a lot of instruments playing at once, honestly, the  takstar only loses in build to the Q40.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #300 of 4,698
Quote:
thread is still active, nice

im looking to buy headphones for fps games and rock music, takstars looks like good/value buy
now im between TS-671 and HI2050
if i get it correctly, HI have more bass and should be better for rock music, while TS have better stage/positional cues

HI is 15 usd less and i was almost ready to buy it, BUT i found that they can be uncomfortable on big heads
i dont have gigantic head, but lets say i have bigger head then most of my friends
actually i found that Technical Pro HPT990 is uncomfortable, are they completely same or they have same drivers?
anyone with HI2050 and big head can comment on comfort?

i know that comfort and size of head is personal, so ...

I have the HPT990 and have to stretch them all the way for them to fit properly, medium sized head here and think they are exactly the same as the hi2050.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back