The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Oct 19, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #197 of 4,701
stretch mod  makes these even more comfy.

Step 1 : Take the pads off

Step 2 : Turn pads 90 degrees

Step 3 : Put pads back on.

Step 4 : Enjoy.

Not quite a beyer feeling since these are softer, but a good feeling nontheless.

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #198 of 4,701
Quote:
Claus, which amp do you recommend for the HI-2050?

The Takstar Hi2050 headphones are around 60-Ohms.

Sound cards for computers
Asus Xonar DG ($24) or DGX ($40) sound card.
The DG & DGX come with simple headphone amplifiers and Dolby Headphone

If your into FPS gaming
Refurb Creative X-Fi Titanium (non-HD) PCI-E sound card, $50
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102043
Comes with CMSS-3D headphone surround sound.
No headphone amplifier, but should be at least decent without one.

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #201 of 4,701
Hello, I'm new to Head-Fi and I'm slowly growing my gear with a low budget. :)

I'm contemplating on buying a Takstar PRO 80, and was wondering if it needed any amplifiers to improve its sound? I'm thinking of buying either a Fiio E10 (suggested by PurpleAngel in another thread) or E17 (the better version of E10) to compliment it, but is it necessary at all? I'll be mostly using them to listen from my PC and probably an Encore ENMAB-8CM USB DAC (a good budget DAC).

Thanks in advance!

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #202 of 4,701
Quote:

I'm contemplating on buying a Takstar PRO 80, and was wondering if it needed any amplifiers to improve its sound? I'm thinking of buying either a Fiio E10 (suggested by PurpleAngel in another thread) or E17 (the better version of E10) to compliment it, but is it necessary at all? I'll be mostly using them to listen from my PC and probably an Encore ENMAB-8CM USB DAC (a good budget DAC).

Thanks in advance!

if the 2050 is anything to go by - then no, and i believe the driver is the same.
A dac / amp is always an improvent, just not a nessesity :)

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #203 of 4,701
The Pro80 has about the same in powerneeds, it seems to be a little easier to drive..

I use my Audio GD nfb 10.32 for my 2050, but I am a nutter, so maybe it is not the best advice for those new to the hobby....

I would say a good amp will make the 2050/pro80 better, they do grow with good amplifikation, the fiio´s I would not even look at, but again I do not have to..

A good solution for home use would ne one of the cheaper DAC/Amps  Aune X1/T1, Audinst HUD, even the claccic Zero, would be good, the ones from HAinfo also looks very tempting..

But as good an amp as you can afford would be my advice, then it will also be good enough for your next phones..

Like Keller write it is not mandatory, we only need food and water and roof over our heads to have a good life..

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #204 of 4,701
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

If all your PC has currently is on-board audio, then just get the Asus Xonar DG ($26) or DGX ($40) sound card.
More features (like Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound) then the ENMAB-6CM.

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #207 of 4,701
Quote:
If all your PC has currently is on-board audio, then just get the Asus Xonar DG ($26) or DGX ($40) sound card.
More features (like Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound) then the ENMAB-6CM.

Highly recommend a Xonar DG.  I purchased the Technical Pro HPT990 + Asus Xonar DG combo and really satisfied with the quality of this headphones.  I previously had a JVC HARX700 but sold them to get better headphones.  The Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT990) are a great improvement in sq for me and since they are not expensive at all highly recommend them for anyone like me that haven´t heard anything better and have a limited budget.  Been trying out dolby headphone with music and really like it. 

For movies and anime I hook them up in my room to an onkyo tx-sr508 receiver and just last night they just blew me away they just instantly improved and everything just started to sound more wonderful, probably since I did not burn them in just been using them as much as I can. 

Are there any mods to improve them?  Maybe better ear pads that fit?

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #208 of 4,701
Quote:

Highly recommend a Xonar DG.  I purchased the Technical Pro HPT990 + Asus Xonar DG combo and really satisfied with the quality of this headphones.  I previously had a JVC HARX700 but sold them to get better headphones.  The Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT990) are a great improvement in sq for me and since they are not expensive at all highly recommend them for anyone like me that haven´t heard anything better and have a limited budget.  Been trying out dolby headphone with music and really like it. 

For movies and anime I hook them up in my room to an onkyo tx-sr508 receiver and just last night they just blew me away they just instantly improved and everything just started to sound more wonderful, probably since I did not burn them in just been using them as much as I can. 

Are there any mods to improve them?  Maybe better ear pads that fit?

So far I have never found any listed mods.
Nor anything on changing ear pads.

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #209 of 4,701
Quote:
Just ordered the HI-2050 from this site on sale $41 shipped and based on the reviews I am hopeful for when they arrive.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-TAKSTAR-T-S-HI2050-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headphones-High-fidelity-Entertainment-Headphone-Earphones-Free-Shipping/528130999.html

Yep, you did very well! Shipped at that price is a real coup! If you don't mind the wait, that is. I got mine via aliexpress, for a few dollars more, but still less than $50.

I've been using my old, modded Indeed Hybrid (this beast) with them. They sound incredible with some budget-fi, tubey-goodness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back