The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 20, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #4,051 of 4,701
Having a great listening session with the Burson Conductor V2+ and the Pro80, lol. I think it's safe to say that the Pro80's really scales well......

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #4,052 of 4,701
Anyone else here can give an opinion on the ISK hp2011?
There is almost 0 information about them on Google.

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #4,053 of 4,701
  Okay, so I just did the drill mod on my Pro80. The smallest drill I found was 3mm, which might have been a hair too big. On the other hand, they complement the Soundmagic really well now, a lot more rumble, even if it isn't as detailed, obviously :)

Other fun part with this mod - if you want to A/B, you just have to cover the holes with your fingers to hear the difference..

I don;t suppose you have some pictures do you?

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #4,054 of 4,701
  Finally, I'm able to post some picks of all four headphones and give further details.....I'm talking about Takstar Pro80, Takstar HI2050, ISK HP2011, and ISK HF2010.

I was doing a quick analysis with several friends for the past few days and here is our results on the sound signatures and different tunings with all four headphones.

And here goes the overall picks we decided for......

1. ISK HP2011:  VERY transparent! Details from one end to the other are incredible on these with the widest soundstage and everyone of us agreed to be the most favored for overall best sound! No need to mod!

2. ISK HF2010:  They are a close second with a very nice bass response followed by a great presentation on the vocals and crystal clear treble with excellent soundstage. No need to mod!

3. Takstar Pro80:  All of us agreed that the soundstage are a tad better than the HI2050 and has a bold and rich sound to them, which is due to the modding I did with them.

4. Takstar HI2050:  These are still good for there price, but soundstage does fall just behind the Pro80's and can get a little grainy with fast-paced music, as we all agreed after further evaluation. But, overall vocals and details are good.

Here are some picks with the ISK HP2011 next to the Takstar Pro80's.....

Now, here are some picks with the ISK HF2010 next to the Takstar HI2050's.....

Finally, here are all four headphones together in sequence: HF2010, HI2050, HP2011, and Pro80.

To conclude, everyone hears differently and might be looking for a certain signature that either calls for more bass, more vocals, or even more details on top. My friends and I took over three hours of testing and finallizing our results for the best interest and help we can offer everyone here on head-fi.

Hope this helps! 
darthsmile.gif

I guess you won't do a comparison for gaming? The problem is If a headphone is good for music this doesn't automatically mean that they are good for gaming. For example I had the Ultrasone Performance 820. They were excellent for music but horrible for gaming.

Mar 20, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #4,055 of 4,701
Those ISK HD9999's are just Superlux HD681 rip off. The HD681 is amazingly good, but to my ears their treble is too artificial and the mid much too thin sounding. On the other hand, they can take EQ'ing really well and have amazing soundstage and imaging performance. They're also not very comfortable to wear for long periods, though replacing the pads might help a lot with that.

Quote:
  Okay, so I just did the drill mod on my Pro80. The smallest drill I found was 3mm, which might have been a hair too big. On the other hand, they complement the Soundmagic really well now, a lot more rumble, even if it isn't as detailed, obviously :)

Other fun part with this mod - if you want to A/B, you just have to cover the holes with your fingers to hear the difference..

Edit: I haven't given these as much time since I got the other ones, so I sort of had forgot how good they are, especially for the price :)

I actually noticed better articulation in the bass resulting in much more refined detain retrieval. Saying that, I have tinkered with my Pro 80s on several occasions so there might be other factors at play here. Plus, gear synergy plays a big part as well.

Having a great listening session with the Burson Conductor V2+ and the Pro80, lol. I think it's safe to say that the Pro80's really scales well......

They do scale amazingly well! Give it more juice and they go to the next level!

Mar 20, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #4,056 of 4,701

I don;t suppose you have some pictures do you?

Nah. Not much to show, and someone already posted pictures when they did it. I basically just drilled a 3mm hole on the underside of the cup, 2-3cm behind the cable on the left side and approximately on the same place on the other. I strongly recommend disassembly before drilling, so you don't accidentally drill through some cable or something. :)

Mar 20, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #4,058 of 4,701
Also - you might want to try with a smaller hole than 3mm at first. I simply didn't have a smaller drill at hand. :)

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #4,059 of 4,701

I guess you won't do a comparison for gaming? The problem is If a headphone is good for music this doesn't automatically mean that they are good for gaming. For example I had the Ultrasone Performance 820. They were excellent for music but horrible for gaming.

True, not just the Ultrasone Performance 820 will sound bad, but some of there other models, as well. They tend to have have a spike that peaks around 5k that doesn't fair well for gamers. The ISK HP2011 don't have any peaks that would render harsh, sibilant, or strident. So, rest assure, they would probably do more justice since they have a quick and rapid response to bass, vocals and detail retrieval.   

Those ISK HD9999's are just Superlux HD681 rip off. The HD681 is amazingly good, but to my ears their treble is too artificial and the mid much too thin sounding. On the other hand, they can take EQ'ing really well and have amazing soundstage and imaging performance. They're also not very comfortable to wear for long periods, though replacing the pads might help a lot with that.

I personally agree, the reason I don't own the HD681's are for that same reason, too artificial on treble and mids were thin. But, the ISK HD9999's mids are totally life-like, forward, and ambient with a very crisp hi-end top. Even the soundstage sounds bigger and more spacious to me. They have a totally different sound signature, that's for sure.

The Superlux is a Taiwannese company, while ISK and Takstar is a joint Chinese company.

One of the first articles on the ISK HD9999 selling in America was very interesting to read at "gearslutz.com".

Check-out the article at the link below.......
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-end-theory/1030466-isk-pro-audio-low-end-heaven.html

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #4,060 of 4,701

True, not just the Ultrasone Performance 820 will sound bad, but some of there other models, as well. They tend to have have a spike that peaks around 5k that doesn't fair well for gamers. The ISK HP2011 don't have any peaks that would render harsh, sibilant, or strident. So, rest assure, they would probably do more justice since they have a quick and rapid response to bass, vocals and detail retrieval.   

I personally agree, the reason I don't own the HD681's are for that same reason, too artificial on treble and mids were thin. But, the ISK HD9999's mids are totally life-like, forward, and ambient with a very crisp hi-end top. Even the soundstage sounds bigger and more spacious to me. They have a totally different sound signature, that's for sure.

The Superlux is a Taiwannese company, while ISK and Takstar is a joint Chinese company.

One of the first articles on the ISK HD9999 selling in America was very interesting to read at "gearslutz.com".

Check-out the article at the link below.......
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-end-theory/1030466-isk-pro-audio-low-end-heaven.html

Just watched that video review by that Russian lady. She prefers the iSK to the AKG for comfort, crystal clear treble, without sibilance, and somewhat forward mids (no mention of bass response). She states that in comparison the AKGs where harder to drive, they're mid forward, treble was "lost" and the bass was muffled or muddy. Not the most concise review, but it's something.

Also, from those people's impressions/reviews, the HD9999 seems to be "clinical" or treble-head headphones, with a really "freindly" amount of bass. Seems very close to the HD681.

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #4,061 of 4,701
I really really suspect that ISK use Superlux drivers. The only ISK HD9999 review on here is very similar to my impression with the Samson SR950 - which is a Superlux HD662 rebranded, and the driver specs match as well. Now the only way to find out is to actually order the HD9999, which is very unlikely for me, having had 6 fullsize headphones already..

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #4,062 of 4,701

Just watched that video review by that Russian lady. She prefers the iSK to the AKG for comfort, crystal clear treble, without sibilance, and somewhat forward mids (no mention of bass response). She states that in comparison the AKGs where harder to drive, they're mid forward, treble was "lost" and the bass was muffled or muddy. Not the most concise review, but it's something.

Also, from those people's impressions/reviews, the HD9999 seems to be "clinical" or treble-head headphones, with a really "freindly" amount of bass. Seems very close to the HD681.

Nah....I listened to both, totally different sound signatures. I'll be buying my HD9999's tomorrow. They have such a crisp and ambient sound to them that I'm definitely adding them to my line-up.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #4,064 of 4,701
Does the new pro80 with the straight cable sounds any different from the old ones?
Are there any other differences?

And by the way, if the ISK hp-2011 are so good, why there is 0 information about them out there?

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #4,065 of 4,701
From what I can see, PRO80's actually have bass ports in a form of a small hole on each side of the cup, by the hinges.

Maybe those holes can be made larger, instead of drilling a completely new hole.

I have noticed those before. I decided to let them be as they're too close to the yolk support. I didn't want to weaken the area that gets most of the stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back