The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Feb 12, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #2,881 of 4,701
I try to order from sellers that are atleast on one diamond level..I think it means over 500 sold items. Check also the rating...I would be carefull with anything under 97%. I have ordered about 30 times from diferent sellers without problems. Once headphones were faulty and the seller refunded my money and let me keep the headphones.

Feb 12, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #2,882 of 4,701
  I try to order from sellers that are atleast on one diamond level..I think it means over 500 sold items. Check also the rating...I would be carefull with anything under 97%. I have ordered about 30 times from diferent sellers without problems. Once headphones were faulty and the seller refunded my money and let me keep the headphones.

Now that's customer sevice!

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #2,883 of 4,701

Do you still remember which seller? link?

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #2,884 of 4,701
It was knowledge zeniths official store. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1380688 Dispute took a while and it was bit off a hassle because they don't speak that good english. But they were very polite and patient.

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #2,886 of 4,701
  Thanks I know aliexpress, but can't really trust them... do you know any trustworthy sellers? I have good and bad experience as well.

I have been shopping on ali in years never had any problems, the seller does not egt any money before you say that your goods have arrived, I prefer ali to Ebay on Ebay I had all sorts of problems..

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #2,889 of 4,701
Though the Pro 80 is pretty compact for a full sized can it doesn't fold so it's not so comfortable to take out of the house. It does sounds superb though.

Since I can't seem to find a portable I'd be satisfied with (within my budget), I think I will buy new pads for my AKG K81DJ and mod it and take that out to travel/public transport.

That means I need one for home, though (that AKG is not the best for home use anyway, pretty uncomfortable for extended use), that's why I looked at the Pro 80.

So you do have Pro 80's or tried them? I take it would be a great buy for home then? Really like it based on what I read but I cannot try them here. I think I'll get the Pro 80 or Beyerdynamic DT235.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #2,890 of 4,701
  Which HM5 pads are more suitable for PRO80?? Pleather or velour?? Considering that I live in Mumbai(India) where we sweat in winter too.
MP4Nation has 10% discount for them till valentine. Its urgent guys...please suggest

Well Brazil is damn hot too, and I prefer velour pads.

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #2,892 of 4,701
cool...i will go for velour then...
what is the effect on sound quality compared to stock pads??

My experience with the HM5 velour's:
They are dust and hair magnets.
The foam may be too soft for the clamping force, so the pads may slowly adjust, in shape, to your head (my front part of pads shaped outward instead of compressing). The distance between your ear and the driver affects sound. This whole pad adjusting may only be for the Takstar's, as they do not have good enough side to side adjustment (angled pads are a fix if this is a problem).
The HM5 velour's are not plush. Hard to call them velour. The material is very different compared the stock 2050's and Beyer pads. When new, it was sharp and rough on my skin (now smoothened out). They are more isolating than the 2050's.

I may be wrong, but the whole pleather = hot should be reexamined. I think it may depend on the pads and clamping force. Soft memory foam pads like the Brainwavz may just work.

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #2,893 of 4,701
My experience with the HM5 velour's:
They are dust and hair magnets.
The foam may be too soft for the clamping force, so the pads may slowly adjust, in shape, to your head (my front part of pads shaped outward instead of compressing). The distance between your ear and the driver affects sound. This whole pad adjusting may only be for the Takstar's, as they do not have good enough side to side adjustment (angled pads are a fix if this is a problem).
The HM5 velour's are not plush. Hard to call them velour. The material is very different compared the stock 2050's and Beyer pads. When new, it was sharp and rough on my skin (now smoothened out). They are more isolating than the 2050's.

I may be wrong, but the whole pleather = hot should be reexamined. I think it may depend on the pads and clamping force. Soft memory foam pads like the Brainwavz may just work.
hey...thanks mate for sharing your experience..it should help in taking decision

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #2,894 of 4,701
The general impression of the HM5 velours (as well as my own) is very favorable so if you're worried about heat I'd definitely get them.

Soundwise they'll give a slightly larger soundstage amd a biot more airy sound with slightly less (mid)bass presence (compared to the original HM5 pleather pads). As always ymmw :)

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #2,895 of 4,701
The general impression of the HM5 velours (as well as my own) is very favorable so if you're worried about heat I'd definitely get them.

Soundwise they'll give a slightly larger soundstage amd a biot more airy sound with slightly less (mid)bass presence (compared to the original HM5 pleather pads). As always ymmw
smily_headphones1.gif

mid bass is already behind the sub bass on Pro80. I wonder how much is it going to get reduced
frown.gif
. But thanks for your opinion @peter123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back