The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #2,626 of 4,701
So I just got the hi2050s a few days ago and so far I've had missed impressions.

Coming from the samson sr850/superlux hd688b the more forward midrange is immediately noticeable as well as a much stronger bass. I don't mind the slightly sibilant highs and the detail is really nice in these. However they feel very closed in and intimate compared to the samsons with significantly less depth and width to the soundstage.

This seems quite different to many people's impressions, has anyone else compared them to the samson/superlux?

I'm just a bit suspicious as I got them from aliexpress and they came in just clear plastic packaging rather than the original box. Possibly fakes?

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #2,628 of 4,701
So I just got the hi2050s a few days ago and so far I've had missed impressions.

Coming from the samson sr850/superlux hd688b the more forward midrange is immediately noticeable as well as a much stronger bass. I don't mind the slightly sibilant highs and the detail is really nice in these. However they feel very closed in and intimate compared to the samsons with significantly less depth and width to the soundstage.

This seems quite different to many people's impressions, has anyone else compared them to the samson/superlux?

I'm just a bit suspicious as I got them from aliexpress and they came in just clear plastic packaging rather than the original box. Possibly fakes?

Haven't seen any fakes yet but it's possible. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #2,629 of 4,701

I've heard some people receiving their pair without the box and they have been happy with the sound. Soundstage is the achilles heel of hi2050. They have smaller soundstage than larger superlux models.

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #2,630 of 4,701
I've auditioned the HD668B and didn't like it. But it was one of those moments when you don't like something straight away and dismiss it. From what I recall, the soundstage was good but it sounded cold, thin and very grainy and unnatural. I actually was tossing up between the HD668B and the Pro 80, and after hearing the HD668B I went out on a limb and got the Pro 80s. Never regretted my decision.

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #2,631 of 4,701
I agree that hi2050 and pr80 are better headphones. Those are best cheap headphones I've heard. Still there is room for improvement. Detachable cables would be nice. Stock pads could be better. Everyone knows how good hm5 pads are compared to stock pads. Also angled drivers would be great. If Takstar ever releases follower for 2050/pro80 and have those properties in the new model I would be 100% satisfied.

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #2,632 of 4,701
I agree that hi2050 and pr80 are better headphones. Those are best cheap headphones I've heard. Still there is room for improvement. Detachable cables would be nice. Stock pads could be better. Everyone knows how good hm5 pads are compared to stock pads. Also angled drivers would be great. If Takstar ever releases follower for 2050/pro80 and have those properties in the new model I would be 100% satisfied.
Just about everything you've named, you can easily do yourself. Angled drivers, not so much but... What's keeping you?

It's "cheap" as you've said.
The detachable cable mod is pretty hard to screw up. Once you've taken the stock cord out, the hole is perfectly sized for a 3.5 mm female jack.

Don't need to do anything to the case, just drop the jack in and screw in the washer.
Don't need to solder, just strip the wire and twist them together and electrical tape them.
You're going to have to do a lot of jostling to undo the connections....

just-do-it-hed-2013.jpg

:wink:

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #2,633 of 4,701
Just about everything you've named, you can easily do yourself. Angled drivers, not so much but... What's keeping you?

I don't really NEED those properties because Takstars don't get headtime. I just like what I got for the money. I will propably do recabling when I have nothing better to do. I will propably go with dual entry cable. Wish I had afford to buy a 3d-printer to make an angled baffle.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #2,634 of 4,701

If you like the Havi B3 Pro 1s then your going to love the Pro 80s. They actually sound pretty similar in sound signature and sound stage, though Pro 80 having much better imaging. The Pro 80s are like the B3s big brother.

I just started looking for a headphone that sounded like the Havi B3 Pro1 and here i found your post, thank you .

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #2,635 of 4,701
thanks for the replies guys! i started on the takstar hi2050 cable mod and cant i figure out which channel is which. (green, black, red). and im afriad that mess up with the solder.  this is the femal adatper im using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ML4A2Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #2,636 of 4,701
thanks for the replies! im currently trying to do the cable mod but i cant quite figure out which channel is which on the takstar hi2050(red,black green). im afraid that ill mess up and solder the wrong one. but i cant stop now because i have already cut the wire. Any  help would be nice.

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #2,639 of 4,701
  thanks for the replies guys! i started on the takstar hi2050 cable mod and cant i figure out which channel is which. (green, black, red). and im afriad that mess up with the solder.  this is the femal adatper im using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ML4A2Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have a look at my guide: http://www.head-fi.org/t/715176/diy-takstar-pro-80-removable-cable-mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back