The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Aug 24, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #2,223 of 4,701
  Has anyone recabled their hi2050s? Have you found a significant improvement in doing so?

There is almost never an improvement in changing cables. Unless you're going with a removable cable mod, then you improvement is going to be portability and flexibility. But unless you cable is broken, you won't get any difference, only the bling factor.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #2,224 of 4,701
There is almost never an improvement in changing cables. Unless you're going with a removable cable mod, then you improvement is going to be portability and flexibility. But unless you cable is broken, you won't get any difference, only the bling factor.

Be careful who you say that around! Haha I agree with you though. I build cables for almost all my headphones and generally always make the cables removable. The primary objective (for me) when changing the stock cable is the function. Nobody wants a 10 foot cable for on the go, and nobody wants a 4 foot cable for use at the desk.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #2,225 of 4,701
Be careful who you say that around! Haha I agree with you though. I build cables for almost all my headphones and generally always make the cables removable. The primary objective (for me) when changing the stock cable is the function. Nobody wants a 10 foot cable for on the go, and nobody wants a 4 foot cable for use at the desk.

Exactly mate.

People who spend 100s of dollars of fancy cables and truly believe that it makes a huge difference are suckers.

Aug 25, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #2,226 of 4,701

Exactly mate.

People who spend 100s of dollars of fancy cables and truly believe that it makes a huge difference are suckers.

popcorn.gif

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #2,228 of 4,701
Aug 25, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #2,229 of 4,701
Honestly I think half of the upgrades in audio are only our perception. Of course, if you use a HD800 or a Pro80 you will notice a difference, but mostly because you must notice a difference due to it being so big (I suppose, I've never tried the Senn). Now differences between a stock Pro80, a Pro80 with thick, velour earpads, a Pro80 with a fancy expensive cable, a Pro80 with a fancier and equally expensive cable that has a non oxygen retractable gold wire (whatever that is
biggrin.gif
), honestly, for me are too small to be that important, and the effect they have is mostly placebo. But hey!, I'm not saying this is a bad thing, perhaps it is even better because placebo is cheap. I'm just sayin'... more money =/= more quality, or at least in a way that is worth spending tons of money on cables.

btw, this is the only cable worth buying if you are a comuter: http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-IU3-5RC-3-5mm-Retractable-Cable/dp/B000ALY22Q/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-17&keywords=3.5+mm+cable

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #2,230 of 4,701
  Honestly I think half of the upgrades in audio are only our perception. Of course, if you use a HD800 or a Pro80 you will notice a difference, but mostly because you must notice a difference due to it being so big (I suppose, I've never tried the Senn). Now differences between a stock Pro80, a Pro80 with thick, velour earpads, a Pro80 with a fancy expensive cable, a Pro80 with a fancier and equally expensive cable that has a non oxygen retractable gold wire (whatever that is
biggrin.gif
), honestly, for me are too small to be that important, and the effect they have is mostly placebo. But hey!, I'm not saying this is a bad thing, perhaps it is even better because placebo is cheap. I'm just sayin'... more money =/= more quality, or at least in a way that is worth spending tons of money on cables.

btw, this is the only cable worth buying if you are a comuter: http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-IU3-5RC-3-5mm-Retractable-Cable/dp/B000ALY22Q/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-17&keywords=3.5+mm+cable

I'll tell you one thing. I have 2 main cables I use. One is a 4x 26AWG 7 strand OFC silver plated braided cable which is 1.5m long and one that's made from standard 3x 18AWG flexi core standard power grade copper which is 3m long. I actually get less resistance with the longer copper cable than with the shorter silver cable. Copper cable gives me 0.4Ohms and silver cable gives me 1.6Ohms. Both use the same connectors. So what does that say about high quality silver cables?

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #2,231 of 4,701

I'll tell you one thing. I have 2 main cables I use. One is a 4x 26AWG 7 strand OFC silver plated braided cable which is 1.5m long and one that's made from standard 3x 18AWG flexi core standard power grade copper which is 3m long. I actually get less resistance with the longer copper cable than with the shorter silver cable. Copper cable gives me 0.4Ohms and silver cable gives me 1.6Ohms. Both use the same connectors. So what does that say about high quality silver cables?

that they are bipolar 
biggrin.gif
 I tell you man, every day I find something expensive and with a brand logo on it that is way worse than a so called "budget" brand item. Even if the technology is better, they sell us whatever they want. I suppose the silver cable labelling says "low resistance cable". If you didn't measure it, you would believe them. Let's face it, they are the pros that sell the equipment, so they must know what they're talking about. Right?

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #2,232 of 4,701

that they are bipolar 
biggrin.gif
 I tell you man, every day I find something expensive and with a brand logo on it that is way worse than a so called "budget" brand item. Even if the technology is better, they sell us whatever they want. I suppose the silver cable labelling says "low resistance cable". If you didn't measure it, you would believe them. Let's face it, they are the pros that sell the equipment, so they must know what they're talking about. Right?

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #2,234 of 4,701
  Anyone ever auditioned these? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-Takstar-overcometh-ts-670-monitor-s-earphones/712789853.html

They look like the closed version of the TS-671.

Nope but I've seen them below $40 shipped......

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #2,235 of 4,701

WHY don't manufacturers figure that out?!?!?!?  If cables were removable, just think how much they could make selling long vs short and coiled vs straight cables !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back