The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
May 31, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #1,999 of 4,701
  Looking for a portable can (closed, easy to drive) for listening to EDM/dance pop music.

So far I love the looks of the Takstar HD 6000, but I'm also liking the Superlux HD-662 and the Takstar HD 5500.

Can anyone comment on how any of these three headphones stack up against each other? How do these compare to something like the Audio Technica ATH-M50?

+1 to this question and also which one is the most comfotable for long use?

May 31, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #2,000 of 4,701
May 31, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #2,001 of 4,701
Cool, thanks. Its 100% that they are compatible? If so, then I'm ordering it.

you can see pictures on this thread of the pro80 with HM5 pads (post from march 5, 2014).
after testing the hi2050 not to long ago (mostly fr comfort) i am probably going to order the pro80 with HM5 pads. the only reason i didn't order yet is the superlux hd685, they should go into production in june (according to SuperluxCanada facebook account).
one question though, is it safe to order from sellers that sell the pro80 without the case? like this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Takstar-pro-80-professional-mointor-earphones-high-quality-DJ-headset-music-HIFI-headphone-with-aluminum-case/1783549633.html
buying it with the case is 10-12$ more and i think the case can increase the chance of having the package go through customs and adding a few days to the delivery time (no customs under 75$ but they will check the value and waste time).

May 31, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #2,002 of 4,701
  you can see pictures on this thread of the pro80 with HM5 pads (post from march 5, 2014).
after testing the hi2050 not to long ago (mostly fr comfort) i am probably going to order the pro80 with HM5 pads. the only reason i didn't order yet is the superlux hd685, they should go into production in june (according to SuperluxCanada facebook account).
one question though, is it safe to order from sellers that sell the pro80 without the case? like this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Takstar-pro-80-professional-mointor-earphones-high-quality-DJ-headset-music-HIFI-headphone-with-aluminum-case/1783549633.html
buying it with the case is 10-12$ more and i think the case can increase the chance of having the package go through customs and adding a few days to the delivery time (no customs under 75$ but they will check the value and waste time).

If I were you I'd just buy from Amazon. You'll get it quicker

May 31, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #2,003 of 4,701
not all of us are from NA :) i am from israel, shipping from amazon is 35$ ("10-20" days). and getting anything quick is not an option, local shipment is usually 14 working days (to do a 2 hour drive at most and some sorting) so international shipping is usually a month+...

May 31, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #2,005 of 4,701

Wow, those pads are cool from what i've read from that post. Bigger soundstage sounds cool. Do you think that the it won't push my left ear like the original pad does?

May 31, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #2,006 of 4,701
i don't know if it will solve it but the HM5 pads are dipper and softer so it should help. the push you fill could also be the coiled cable, this is one of the reasons people don't like coiled cables. if you have a chair with hand rests try sticking the cable between the chair and the rest (so you won't feel the coiled part pulling on your head). if the chair trick solve the problem maybe you should read on how to re-cable headphones (or just use the chair).

May 31, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #2,008 of 4,701

Seems like the (normally ~$200) California Headphones Silverado might be a way to go. They're only $50 on Amazon right now. It's tough to find many opinions of these headphones, but I have only read positive things so far, and the sound signature is supposedly fun and v-shaped. Also, I assume they have a better build than anything you'll find from Takstar/Superlux, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/California-Headphone-Co-CHC-SILVERADO-Headphones/dp/B009F4BV8C

May 31, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #2,009 of 4,701

Seems like the (normally ~$200) California Headphones Silverado might be a way to go. They're only $50 on Amazon right now. It's tough to find many opinions of these headphones, but I have only read positive things so far, and the sound signature is supposedly fun and v-shaped. Also, I assume they have a better build than anything you'll find from Takstar/Superlux, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/California-Headphone-Co-CHC-SILVERADO-Headphones/dp/B009F4BV8C

These do look nice, but the $48 one is a used unit. And also, you be surprised at the build quality and flexibility of the Pro80. These feel unbreakable. Plus the layout make them easy to mod.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.

May 31, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #2,010 of 4,701
These do look nice, but the $48 one is a used unit. And also, you be surprised at the build quality and flexibility of the Pro80. These feel unbreakable. Plus the layout make them easy to mod.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.

Oops, you are right. I ordered a new one w/ Prime for $49 last night. Just cancelled though, haha. If anyone's interested I suppose it may show up on Amazon again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back