The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Apr 15, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #1,906 of 4,701
  Could anyone say please : is there a big difference between Takstar HD5500 and Pro 80 ?

im going to buy pro 80 but i didnt like its shape. 
triportsad.gif

i liked HD5500. if there is no big differences between them i would like to buy hd5500. 
i will use it just listening some pop music and for watchin movies without an amp. im not a dj.

i ve changed my mind hundreds of times 
confused.gif

then i decided to buy pro 80 that is adviced million times. but its shape just disgusting :frowning2:

Tough call, are you going to listen to them or look at them?  
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #1,910 of 4,701
  my unit is defective. since i cant return it anymore, does anyone how it affects the listening experience. at around 4khz, the left driver is almost mute.

Looks like something is causing it to cancel out at 4k. But everywhere else within the range is still good?

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #1,911 of 4,701
  Thanks for no helping.

ive ordered hd5500.
if i dont like them i will buy pro 80 too.

i just want clear sound. nothing more. nothing professional.

It's hard to pick between the 2. I chose the Pro 80 for it's build quality and oval cups. I can't stand round cups.

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #1,913 of 4,701
  It's hard to pick between the 2. I chose the Pro 80 for it's build quality and oval cups. I can't stand round cups.

i like round cups. i dont like the shape and especially the cables around the cups on pro 80.

i thought i shouldnt pay more than $50, at first.
but cheap and poor quality headsets cause headache. so i thought i can pay a bit more.
i bought that i liked. if it causes headache then i might pay a bit more and buy a pro 80. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #1,914 of 4,701
  i like round cups. i dont like the shape and especially the cables around the cups on pro 80.

i thought i shouldnt pay more than $50, at first.
but cheap and poor quality headsets cause headache. so i thought i can pay a bit more.
i bought that i liked. if it causes headache then i might pay a bit more and buy a pro 80. 

At the end of the day, its your choice. no one here should tell you what to buy. you take the suggestions and read others and compare. then in the end follow what you yourself think is best for you man.

hope you enjoy your HD5500 as much as I am enjoying my Takstars.

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #1,915 of 4,701
MaDMax - I hope you will share your impressions of the 5500 on this thread after you've spent some time with them. I, for one, would be interested.

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,917 of 4,701
  Thanks @Taveren

im not sure i can share something about sound 
beyersmile.png

i only know what means bass - treble and soundstage. i even dont know what the hell that Mids and Highs. 
biggrin.gif

Don't we all? 
biggrin.gif

Just keep it real my friend, there is a glossary of terms somewhere here you might be interested to take a peek so that you can have a reference on what is being described by reviewers and some impressionists.

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #1,918 of 4,701
  Don't we all? 
biggrin.gif

Just keep it real my friend, there is a glossary of terms somewhere here you might be interested to take a peek so that you can have a reference on what is being described by reviewers and some impressionists.

i got moxpad x3 today. and now i know a bit about high and mids. :D  but i dont care about highs. i like bass and the voice of indila
biggrin.gif
 , vocal and the soundstage. These have great bass 
basshead.gif
 if it will get better after burning, i just love it .
i think ill see better when takstars arrives. :)

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #1,919 of 4,701
Hey guys! Check it out! I've finished my removable cable mod.

New custom cable: 3 cores of CAT5 wire w/ black 6mm Paracord with reflective white trim and REAN (NEUTRIK) 3.5mm jacks.

Finished product:

How does it sound? Like a removable cable! xD
On a serious note, I hated the coiled cable. It was needlessly too thick and too heavy. The core cables it used are pretty much identical to CAT5 core wires except the the red and green wires were coloured respectively. Also the ability to remove the cable gives you much more freedom and flexibility. Completely worth the effort, warranty and the little pliers scratch on the left cup (in pic).

The mod costed a total of AU$10 and took an hour to do.

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #1,920 of 4,701
  Could anyone say please : is there a big difference between Takstar HD5500 and Pro 80 ?

im going to buy pro 80 but i didnt like its shape. 
triportsad.gif

i liked HD5500. if there is no big differences between them i would like to buy hd5500. 
i will use it just listening some pop music and for watchin movies without an amp. im not a dj.

i ve changed my mind hundreds of times 
confused.gif

then i decided to buy pro 80 that is adviced million times. but its shape just disgusting :frowning2:

PRO80

http://www.takstar.com/en/product/redetail-11-28-413-1

Code:
 "Precise and natural sound reproduction, specially designed for audio mixing monitoring"

HD5500

http://www.takstar.com/en/product/redetail-11-28-398-1

Code:
 "Punchy bass performance,specially designed for DJ and dance music lover"

HD6000

http://www.takstar.com/en/product/detail-11-28-354-1

Code:
 "Clear highs and punchy bass"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back