The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Apr 14, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #3,091 of 4,694
So after days on end of wearing these I can say the Gemini stock pads are not perfect. They are probably great for most people but once I can order the bigger pads I'm going to.

The stock Gemini pads are not as thick thus I think my ears slightly touch the inside...that's where my issues seem to lie.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #3,093 of 4,694
Has anyone tried removing the metal cover over the driver? I don't know if it can be removed without damaging the driver, maybe if it is connected to the baffle instead of the driver. I love both hi2050 and pro80 and I don't find them too harsh. However the highs are still not natural as I'd like. I was thinking maybe the metal cover causes reflections? Atleast when on the inside of the cups, metal surfaces tend to boost high frequences. I know audio technica and sony use similar driver cover on some of their headphones so I don't think using metal in inherently wrong but maybe it is in this case? It definately isn't lack of damping inside the cups.

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #3,094 of 4,694
Well, hopefully sometime next week the HM5 pads will arrive for my HSR 1000s.

Which cans are brighter, the pro 80/HSR or 2050?  I'm betting the 2050 are since they are open but I can't imagine them being better than the Pro 80's or Gemini variants.

Either way I'm pretty satisfied and I'm coming from the DT 770's which cost a lot more.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #3,097 of 4,694
  prob going to order the hsr1000's today with the nvx angled pads. not really getting these for music just a all arounder that's comfy.

Awesome... I think you'll really like them. As for the pads I've heard the best ones are the HM5 pads from a few experienced people.
I think the angled ones might alter the sound a bit. Maybe they won't....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back