The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 23, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #3,031 of 4,701
Guys, I've finally decided to take the plunge and have my detachable cable mod made for the Pro 80s. Someone gave me a gift card for Amazon, can you help me and give me a couple of links to whatever materials my mod guy is gonna need? I'm a total noob when it comes to that, so sorry about that. I was thinking of going with an Amazon essentials or Monoprice cable as well, your thoughts on that?

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #3,032 of 4,701
  Guys, I've finally decided to take the plunge and have my detachable cable mod made for the Pro 80s. Someone gave me a gift card for Amazon, can you help me and give me a couple of links to whatever materials my mod guy is gonna need? I'm a total noob when it comes to that, so sorry about that. I was thinking of going with an Amazon essentials or Monoprice cable as well, your thoughts on that?

Personally I've used this cable: http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-cable-3m for a mod. Very pleased with it! Sturdy construction and no microphonics to speak of.

They have a selection of other cables as well, all ready made. Personally I would go for microphone cable for the insulation.

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #3,033 of 4,701
Just received the Hi2050, to my dismay the band is different from the Pro-80 and consequently, it doesn't quite fit with my big head.

How far is the DT770 replacement headband compatible with the Hi2050?

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #3,035 of 4,701
  Just received the Hi2050, to my dismay the band is different from the Pro-80 and consequently, it doesn't quite fit with my big head.

How far is the DT770 replacement headband compatible with the Hi2050?

If you have both the Hi2050 and Pro80 you can switch the headbands on them, and use the longer one on whichever takstar you like more. 

I tried it for a bit myself but went back because right now i prefer the Pro80. Did look pretty cool though:

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #3,036 of 4,701
If you have both the Hi2050 and Pro80 you can switch the headbands on them, and use the longer one on whichever takstar you like more. 

I tried it for a bit myself but went back because right now i prefer the Pro80. Did look pretty cool though:

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I use them both at about 35km distance from each other so not usable for me unfortunately...

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #3,037 of 4,701

They were slightly small for me too, so I bent the metal forks a bit so they curve less. That extended their length and now they fit perfect. It takes a bit of force, but that might work for you too.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #3,038 of 4,701
So after about a week with the HyperX Cloud, I have my impressions.

I didn't have the 'WOW' factor, mainly because it's sound signature is the same as the Sennheiser HD201 that I used to own. The headphones are basiclly good, but not sure if they worth the money I paid for ($85).
To my impressions, they are the same as the Sennheiser HD201, just with better frequency response and as well better sound quality (the 201 really cheap built and lacks of bass).

Overall i'm happy with them, they are great headphones in all matters, bass, mids, highs and comfort. Also, they fit great for EDM music. But again, not sure if they are worth the money I paid for them. However, I liked them very much and will keep using them for long time I guess.

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #3,039 of 4,701
Finally got my Pro 80 yesterday. Using it with a Fiio E10K. My first impression: much lighter and a bit smaller than how it looks on pictures, quality feel with the aluminium case and headband. Extremely comfortable for me; I thought I had relatively large ears, but the Pro 80 is a perfect fit, the pads wrap around my ears nicely. Too early to say anything about sound, but so far I like it very much.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this purchase and will recommend it to people. Bought it on aliexpress for 53 USD, definitely worth the price.

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #3,043 of 4,701
well, I like my DT770 Pro 80 better than the takstar 80. More comfortable and wider sound, but the takstar 80 is great for travel etc. Would not want to break the dt770 tossing them in the bag etc.

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #3,044 of 4,701
Just bought the Gemini version of Takstar Pro 80. Might get the Brainwaves Pads in velour if possible. I'll let you guys know how I like the comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back