The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 19, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #2,808 of 4,701
Received Takstar Pro80 today morning....hushhhh...it was a long wait, especially listening to so many praises.
I bought them without the case/box for $54. Build quality looks fabulous out of the box and gives the impression of a premium product.
Out of the box sound has nice extension to both the ends. Nice sparkle and deep immersive bass. Mids sound bit recessed to me, not too much but slightly. I use Baldoor E100(an earbud) for my daily use which is clearly mid centric. But I think mids could get better after burn-in. I feel they should open up after burning in.
What is your experience guys?? Do they change after burning in??

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #2,809 of 4,701
I wish you could know if it's possible to make the detachable mod to these. 

Only way to know is to have a look inside the cup. Most headphone would be capable of house a 3.5mm female connector inside.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #2,810 of 4,701
After some research on this wonderful site I'm looking at worthwhile ways to make the most of my HI 2050s. I ordered the hm5 pads yesterday but I am thinking about a headphone amp..would this be worth the investment? Currently using my PCs onboard sound which is a Realtek HD chip. It's not bad but need to wind up the volume to get things moving with the takastars.

Also the mods mentioned Audiotechnica AD2000 driver replacements. Where can I get these from? I looked through the Australian Audiotechnica site and they don't offer them, also couldn't find them in the European online shop. Really any worthwhile driver replacement I would consider..as long as I can get the parts delivered!

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #2,811 of 4,701
  Out of the box sound has nice extension to both the ends. Nice sparkle and deep immersive bass. Mids sound bit recessed to me, not too much but slightly. I use Baldoor E100(an earbud) for my daily use which is clearly mid centric. But I think mids could get better after burn-in. I feel they should open up after burning in.
What is your experience guys?? Do they change after burning in??

They change quite a bit after burning in. they open up a lot and become very clear and balanced (bass, mid's and hi's even out). 

they've played about 150 hours now, and the change is significant. even after around 25-30 hours i noticed a difference. i play them unamplified. from what i've read, they gain a bit when amplified.

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #2,814 of 4,701
  So I'm thinking on buying the takstar ts-671, they really seem like a pair of HUGE monsters, and all the reviews of them here on head-fi or anywhere else says they're a huge bang for the buck as well.
There aren't many photos of them thought

(last ones to the left)
So, does anybody here have them or something? can anybody confirm that they're as good as people say?

If you do get them please share your experience with them. I've read pretty much all there is about them in english but so far I haven't seen any proper comparsions to other cans or in depth reviews of them. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #2,815 of 4,701
  If you do get them please share your experience with them. I've read pretty much all there is about them in english but so far I haven't seen any proper comparsions to other cans or in depth reviews of them. 

I'll see if I can get them, because so far I'm waiting for over 3 refunds from different stores...

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #2,817 of 4,701

Sure I have tried them..
Alone the comfort is enough to own them, just wear them witout music is nice..
they sound nothing like hi2050 or pro80, they have an enormous soundstage and are a little bright in the presentaion, thay are one of those WOOOOOOW phones, meaning it is something new an exiting and not at all like all the rest..

for classical or Jazz they fit like a glove, my taste 80s pop and heavy metal (the old kind of heavy metal, the really old kind) they are not quite up to the task or rather not really my taste, I have the same problem with AKG701 they also sounds good, but not my taste, over all they are a bit to clinical to me...also like 701 that comes close in signature but with a smaller stage, so close but different..

Hope this helps..

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #2,818 of 4,701
Sure I have tried them..
Alone the comfort is enough to own them, just wear them witout music is nice..
they sound nothing like hi2050 or pro80, they have an enormous soundstage and are a little bright in the presentaion, thay are one of those WOOOOOOW phones, meaning it is something new an exiting and not at all like all the rest..

for classical or Jazz they fit like a glove, my taste 80s pop and heavy metal (the old kind of heavy metal, the really old kind) they are not quite up to the task or rather not really my taste, I have the same problem with AKG701 they also sounds good, but not my taste, over all they are a bit to clinical to me...also like 701 that comes close in signature but with a smaller stage, so close but different..

Hope this helps..

Thank you Claus, long time no see :wink:

How about bass compared with the 701's?

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #2,819 of 4,701
  So I'm thinking on buying the takstar ts-671, they really seem like a pair of HUGE monsters, and all the reviews of them here on head-fi or anywhere else says they're a huge bang for the buck as well.
There aren't many photos of them thought

(last ones to the left)
So, does anybody here have them or something? can anybody confirm that they're as good as people say?

On mp3store forum (polish site, google translate it) there are some reviews of them.

I (still) have them, but I have not used them much (but for instance I've used a lot Pro80 and HD6000, even HD5500 seems to be better),
As for flaws, I would say:
- The bass does not go down (there is not much of subass), they are a little bit mid-bass oriented (but I would not call them muddy)
- The highs are present, but they also don't extend that much, and are a little bit ragged (not smooth), but they are not sharped compared to Hi2050 or even Pro80
- The soundstage is wide, the instruments on the left/right side seemed to be big (too big), but overall placement and shape is not that good (still there is that wow factor)
- For me there is a little problem with the mids (probably related to the 3 things above, that is why I did not use them).

Those are kind of reverse of Pro80, they would be good for softer music, or instrumental/classical if you are willing to sacrifice the sharpness of sound,
saying it otherwise they are good if you want to relax to music.
Generally the balance is ok, and they provide big sound.
I would add that as I mentioned mainly 'flaws' my opinion will seem more negative that it is needed to be (but on that forum I mentioned above, there are a lot of people who like them much, espacially as go away cans, like in oposotion to more analitycal sound)

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #2,820 of 4,701
Thank you Claus, long time no see
wink.gif

How about bass compared with the 701's?

I will add a comparision to 701:
Bass = more midbass, and less subass than 701, 701 is more tight, and for me 701 have a hint of warmth (if you ignore boosted treble), but 671 are warm (even muddy in comparison)
Mids = 701 have a boost which makes female vocals sound good, on 671 the mids are just ok
Highs = 701 are brighter and smoother, where as on 671 I felt that it is a mixed bag
The diffrence is in soundstage, they are both wide, but AKG has small instrument sizes with kind of too much separation but with some good positioning; on 671 the instruments tend to be large, and the music picture is more messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back