The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Oct 17, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #2,401 of 4,701
  that sounds great
ive seen pics of caspers stuff
thats why i bought them i want to try some painring
do you have a source for th at drvers
the pads i can get

thanks for thee help

Casper is a great modder. Him and I are going to officially start a company sometime next year. Just working out the details this year. 

What type of sound are you looking for and what type of music do you like ?

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #2,402 of 4,701

Casper is a great modder. Him and I are going to officially start a company sometime next year. Just working out the details this year. 

What type of sound are you looking for and what type of music do you like ?

that is awesome

i listen to a lot of punk/alt noise jazz metal sort of
think shellac, sonic youth, late period coltrane
i like a good snare and a firm kick
don't mind a little bass
something like my modded tr50p but a more open back sound

does that make sense?

thanks so much for the help
you guys are the reason i'm doing this project

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #2,403 of 4,701
Arty 
Have you burned in yet ??
Do not change anything before burnin..

Some filterwooll (the syntetic stuff used for filtering aquariums) often make a nice difference if you are plauged by siblans or boomy bass..

Also some foamdisc infront of the driver can make wonders.
No use spending dollars if you can reach the same by adding some cheap household stuff...

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #2,404 of 4,701
tried some thin cotton batting in front of the driver
helps a little packing behind the driver really  kills the bass
ordered some ad700 drivers and a pair of hm5 earpads
we'll see how it works

trying to keep  the whole project below $100

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #2,405 of 4,701
  tried some thin cotton batting in front of the driver
helps a little packing behind the driver really  kills the bass
ordered some ad700 drivers and a pair of hm5 earpads
we'll see how it works

trying to keep  the whole project below $100

How much were the ad700 drivers? I'm just curious if the price has gone up. Last i checked they were like $13 i think shipped.   The hm5 pads will blow you away with their comfort.  If you got the pleather hm5 pads and the ad700 drivers you should get a very different sound. The pleather hm5 pads add a little to the bass and the ad700 aren't the bassest drivers but are very accurate and will produce a deep bass.

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #2,407 of 4,701
How much were the ad700 drivers? I'm just curious if the price has gone up. Last i checked they were like $13 i think shipped.   The hm5 pads will blow you away with their comfort.  If you got the pleather hm5 pads and the ad700 drivers you should get a very different sound. The pleather hm5 pads add a little to the bass and the ad700 aren't the bassest drivers but are very accurate and will produce a deep bass.

It was 29 bucks shipped for the pair
I got the velours for comfort
Not looking for a ton of bass
I'm not adverse to picking up a set of pleathers
As they fit a lot of other cans
Any recommendations for packing etc.?
In the meantime gonna look for some synthetic fiber
See if that helps

Thanks for all the help

Oct 22, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #2,411 of 4,701
Review on the Qpad/HyperX gaming headphones
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/scienceandtech/hardware-reviews/11357-Kingston-HyperX-Cloud-QPad-QH-90-PC-Gaming-Headset

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #2,412 of 4,701
Anyone here use their Takstar Pro 80s for FPS gaming and how well do the Pro 80s do?

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #2,413 of 4,701
  Any here use their Takstar Pro 80s for FPS gaming and how well do the Pro 80s do?

I doubt the 80's would be good solely due to them being closed. It's hard to obtain a good soundstage from a closed pair of headphones. The 2050's the open version I think would fare better just due to being open.   And are you looking for a fun pair of headphones that makes everything sound powerful and exciting or are you looking for the absolute most competitive pair of headphones where you can pin point everything.

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2,414 of 4,701

I doubt the 80's would be good solely due to them being closed. It's hard to obtain a good sound stage from a closed pair of headphones. The 2050's the open version I think would fare better just due to being open.   And are you looking for a fun pair of headphones that makes everything sound powerful and exciting or are you looking for the absolute most competitive pair of headphones where you can pin point everything.

I own the Gemini HSR-1000 (Pro 80) and Hi2050s, but I'm not into FPS gaming.
Just want to get feedback from others who might be FPS gaming with the Pro 80s.

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #2,415 of 4,701
close back headphones can be really good for gaming, the CAL! are highly recommended close back headphone for gaming. also imaging is more important then soundstage.
Sadly finding good FPS games is not as easy as it used to be...I can try with BF4 and maybe black ops 2 (if i can find players). name games and if I own them I will try them with the pro 80. also trying out TITANFALL, time to use the two free days...
I am using the pro 80 with HM5 velour pads and without virtual surround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back