The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design
Jun 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #31 of 219
If you look at the Hifiman HE-500 measurements, you will see a very similar dip. Now, being in the same boat with the Hifimans in this respect,  this should not be bad company for the StratoKOSSters. Actually, this dip, this measurement artefact or bogus reflection as purrin put it, does not have any malign effect to my ears. The CSD plots also do not show any serious ringing at 4-5k

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #32 of 219
PRESS RELEASE

STRATOCASTER REINVENTS HEADPHONES. WITH MOZART TECHNOLOGY, MUSICAL POTENTIAL IS FINALLY FULFILLED.

20, June 2012

Austria, June 2012: Mozart technology is the manifestation of Stratocaster, a true genius in the design of headphones. For headphone developers, the challenge is to make headphones that generate music as it should. To put it more precisely: cellos should sound like cellos, not double-bass or viola; saxophones should sound like saxophones, not trumpets or oboes.

Historians regard Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart a musical genius, unrivaled in his time. Born in Austria in 1756, it was not until after his death when his music was fully appreciated. The spirit of Mozart inspired Stratocaster to revolutionize and reinterpret existing technologies: the Koss KSC-75.

With the StratoKOSSter, Stratocaster has succeeded what many consider to to be impossible: a quantum leap in terms of sound quality and audiophile sound processing at low cost. 

A full series of "Made In Austria"  constructive measures and engineering developments provided the StratoKOSSter with 468% more neutrality and a 385% reduction in resonances over previous top-of-the-line headphones. It is reason enough for Stratocaster to name the technology used after the ingeneous visionary composer.

The designer of the StratoKOSSter

The StratoKOSSter has minimal amplification requirements.

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #33 of 219
Jun 20, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #35 of 219
Quote:
Quote:

Did you make some more changes to the pair you have? Because if that's real...I need to hear these...

LOL!

Look at the scale dude.....

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #36 of 219
Quote:
The gloves really impress upon me the precision Austrian engineering. I just imagine they were assembled in a vacuum chamber by scientists in spacesuits.

Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #37 of 219
Quote:

Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.

Seriously....I keep throwing money at the screen and nothing happens!

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #40 of 219
if there's a genuine service/'business' opportunity here, it might be lining some grado pads with leather. While the tutorial is very thorough, strato makes it look easier than it is. Or at least it's a task for those with plenty of patience......... Also suspect that particular pad is a significant part of the stratokosster sound. Plain exposed grado foam pads don't seem to work well for me.

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #41 of 219
Quote:
It also runs fine off my NO-DAC. I'm selling them for $25 each.

Sweet!

I want 5!

I have read these are the best headphones EVAR! I simply can't wait to start recommending them to everyone.

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #42 of 219
Quote:
LOL!

Look at the scale dude.....

Pff, who needs scales and numbers!

I still want to hear them.

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #44 of 219
Quote:

Pff, who needs scales and numbers!

I still want to hear them.

All joking aside...they do measure extremely well.

I'm dying to hear them but work keeps getting the way of an audition.

Seriously...consider what these gents were able to achieve with what they had! It's truly amazing and worthy of respect. Sennheiser is a GIANT and look at the FAIL they made with the HD700. Same goes for Beyer and their failtastic T1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back