The Stax Thread III
Mar 31, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #20,116 of 25,623
If this is your first Stax and you could only choose one, I think I’d recommend the 3030 combo. The Sigma is quite different from the magical, airy Stax sound to me so far. It’s like a warm blanket. If you can, get both. But if you don’t get the Sigma, I’ll take it!
My first electrostatic was the 3030
Combo, hooked me right in

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #20,120 of 25,623
Is it possible to have the 007t CSS modded? More importantly is it worth the current increase or will it still stumble with a 007 mk2?
Spritzer at mjolnir audio has some he has CSS modified (although he does other changes to them as well) and he says they work a treat for 007s. Here is a link to the relevant section on his website to read up more (you have to scroll down to reach the relevant amp)

https://mjolnir-audio.com/used-amplifiers/

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #20,121 of 25,623
hi all
i just got the sigma srd7 set and how to say...
it does not have a definition with ascalpel but that it is fluid,delicate while being alive...
i use a cd player and i have the impression of listening to vinyls...
it is warm without exaggeration....it's sweet as a caramel candy...what a sweetness!!!!!!!

Apr 9, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #20,123 of 25,623
hi all
i just got the sigma srd7 set and how to say...
it does not have a definition with ascalpel but that it is fluid,delicate while being alive...
i use a cd player and i have the impression of listening to vinyls...
it is warm without exaggeration....it's sweet as a caramel candy...what a sweetness!!!!!!!
Interesting about vinyl. I listen to both CD (not streaming/files) and vinyl on my Konka amp with Lambda Nova Sig or 407s and find the difference between them not nearly so great as on my SET/horn setup. Vinyl sounds great. but CD doesn't sound that much worse, while on speakers it's background listening only.

Apr 10, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #20,124 of 25,623
Hello, I have been longing to buy a STAX headphone. Currently I am using Focal Utopia and T1.
I am looking for a STAX model that can better than Focal Utopia, so this a upgrade for me.
All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Just about all stax are very different from the Utopia. Just depends on what you're looking for. I would probably say the 007 is the best choice if you truly love the Utopia. But if you're looking for something quite a bit better and refined, more resolving.. would look at the 009.

Apr 11, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #20,125 of 25,623
Just about all stax are very different from the Utopia. Just depends on what you're looking for. I would probably say the 007 is the best choice if you truly love the Utopia. But if you're looking for something quite a bit better and refined, more resolving.. would look at the 009.
Yes, I agree with that, I am a Utopia owner myself and the Stax SR007Mk1 are the closest thing to the Focal Utopia basically a better Utopia in many ways.

Apr 12, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #20,126 of 25,623
hello
i still find that the sigma srd7 are a good combo but after making a comparison with my verum one, i find the latter better on many aspects.
better balance,better dynamics,higher definition and more material.is it the same with the other stax système?

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #20,129 of 25,623
hello
i still find that the sigma srd7 are a good combo but after making a comparison with my verum one, i find the latter better on many aspects.
better balance,better dynamics,higher definition and more material.is it the same with the other stax système?
which SRD-7 do you have? some of them don't have their own internal transformer to provide bias and instead use the audio signal to do that, which will lead to pretty poor results. i think the good one is the SRD-7 mk2? someone else can correct me if i'm wrong

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #20,130 of 25,623
which SRD-7 do you have? some of them don't have their own internal transformer to provide bias and instead use the audio signal to do that, which will lead to pretty poor results. i think the good one is the SRD-7 mk2? someone else can correct me if i'm wrong
There are at least 3 SRD-7. The standard bias that uses an AC for the bias, the SRD-7 SB which is the self bias model no AC, and there us the SRD-7 Pro which is the pro bias version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back