The Stax Thread III
Oct 11, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #16,443 of 25,560
Oh how cool! It seems you were a part of that SABF thread as well. Thanks for that. Super comprehensive.
Since then, BHSE did arrive, SRM-727II modded gone, as well as SR-X/mk3Pro (collection's piece...but on-ear) and LNS / SR-007mk1 (too dull / boring for my tastes). Baby Orpheus / HE-60 in da house for 2 weeks, god I love those :D

Ali

Oct 12, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #16,445 of 25,560
from stax site seems that the limited version driver has technology of future top headphone from stax:

“Super-engineering-plastics” diaphragm
The diaphragm material “super engineering plastic ” inherited by next higher rank models has been adopted for the sound unit. Materials excelled especially in tone quality have been selected for the extremely thin high polymer film diaphragm developed by refining the conventional engineering plastic, resulting in extremely excellent frequency characteristics from low to very high as well as vast dynamic range.

Oct 12, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #16,451 of 25,560
Huh, interesting. With me sorta leaning a bit back towards 009 vs. 009S on my T2 lately (at best still a wash), maybe I should sell the 009S and pickup this sweet limited 009 "Barack"? Kinda silly if there's literally nothing different about this than a standard 009 besides color, though.

Oct 12, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #16,453 of 25,560
Super this, super that.. Stax needs to commit and go full on 80s and print "009 turbo" across the head band and give it a red racing stripe.

Oct 12, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #16,455 of 25,560
from stax site seems that the limited version driver has technology of future top headphone from stax:

“Super-engineering-plastics” diaphragm
The diaphragm material “super engineering plastic ” inherited by next higher rank models has been adopted for the sound unit. Materials excelled especially in tone quality have been selected for the extremely thin high polymer film diaphragm developed by refining the conventional engineering plastic, resulting in extremely excellent frequency characteristics from low to very high as well as vast dynamic range.

The brochure says it is IDENTICAL to the 009 (not the S) except the color.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back