The Stax Thread III
Dec 20, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #16,891 of 25,567
Those of you that have tried the SRM-323S and the SRM-353X, what similarities and differences do you notice between them.

And if you've tried either of the above and the SRM-D10, what similarities and differences do you hear.

Thanks.

Dec 20, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #16,892 of 25,567
I did CCS mod today, and it sounds great with 007.
I prefer it to 727A (global feedback mod).

Thank you very much for your help, JimL11.
EqUP7t.jpg

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #16,893 of 25,567
At the e-earphone PortaFest in Akihabara this past weekend, I had a chance to listen to the CES-A1 kit for the SR-003MK2 & SRS-002. The tips used to be all soft but now it's mixed with some portion stiffer and other portions more flexible. It's quite a bulky structure as you can see from the pix and it sticks out quite a bit from the ear. Naturally as one would guess, it's not fully isolating despite not having any ported vents - it just clips on to the earspeaker :-
PC150020.jpg PC150021.jpg PC150023.jpg PC150024.jpg PC150026.jpg PC150028.jpg PC150029.jpg PC150030.jpg :-

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #16,894 of 25,567
At the e-earphone PortaFest in Akihabara this past weekend, I had a chance to listen to the CES-A1 kit for the SR-003MK2 & SRS-002. The tips used to be all soft but now it's mixed with some portion stiffer and other portions more flexible. It's quite a bulky structure as you can see from the pix and it sticks out quite a bit from the ear. Naturally as one would guess, it's not fully isolating despite not having any ported vents - it just clips on to the earspeaker

they can certainly be cumbersome, but even the Audeze Isine do not go unnoticed.

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #16,895 of 25,567
"At the e-earphone PortaFest in Akihabara this past weekend, I had a chance to listen to the CES-A1 kit for the SR-003MK2 & SRS-002. The tips used to be all soft but now it's mixed with some portion stiffer and other portions more flexible. It's quite a bulky structure as you can see from the pix and it sticks out quite a bit from the ear. Naturally as one would guess, it's not fully isolating despite not having any ported vents - it just clips on to the earspeaker."

AnakChan,

Was the CES-A1 more comfortable?

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #16,897 of 25,567
If anyone's interested in a Stax Sigma (normal bias), there's one on eBay. It's mislabelled as something else. It's not labelled correctly - it's called "cuffia elettrostatica stax anni 90".

Bidding starts at 300 Euros.

It's not mine, so questions to the seller, please, not to me.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/173699203847

If its not yours than why even bring it up? :p

The Sigma Normal sucks. Not even worth it. Only as a collection

The Sigma Pro is one of the greatest ear-speaker ever. Clearly one of the best sound to date.

Now STAXs needs a revision!

Hello Stax,

Please release a Sigma X . A modern version of the Sigma series is needed.

Thanks'
Pro

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #16,899 of 25,567
If its not yours than why even bring it up? :p

The Sigma Normal sucks. Not even worth it. Only as a collection

The Sigma Pro is one of the greatest ear-speaker ever. Clearly one of the best sound to date.

Now STAXs needs a revision!

Hello Stax,

Please release a Sigma X . A modern version of the Sigma series is needed.

Thanks'
Pro
Sigma X? Sounds like a Stax/Massdrop collaborative effort!

Err.....I'd buy that, actually........

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #16,900 of 25,567
How did they sound?
Personally I didn’t really get into the SR-003 or SRS-002 sonically anyway, so to me it didn’t make much of an impact to me. It was just an enclosure that snapped on...thre was no dampening, etc. The tips OTOH to me were more comfortable whereas the before it would just “hang off” the ears.

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #16,901 of 25,567
Guess what is behind this little Blue Led that I have installed under my BHSE :yum:?

Who heard about "Schumann Wave" generators ? :robot:

"Schuman Wave (7.83 Hz) can reduce the interference of radio and electromagnetic waves, which can reduce music details, improve sound field width, and reduce standing wave impact. Additionally, Schumann wave can make people relaxed and listen more sound details. It will have effective positive impact on sleep quality, thinking and creation after long-time using"

Very promising.... while I agree it may seems strange. Anyway, at 20$ from China, I decided to give it a try.... we will see...

And if I am not convinced I can still offer it as a fun-gift to an audiophile friend :face_palm:

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #16,902 of 25,567
Guess what is behind this little Blue Led that I have installed under my BHSE :yum:?

Who heard about "Schumann Wave" generators ? :robot:

"Schuman Wave (7.83 Hz) can reduce the interference of radio and electromagnetic waves, which can reduce music details, improve sound field width, and reduce standing wave impact. Additionally, Schumann wave can make people relaxed and listen more sound details. It will have effective positive impact on sleep quality, thinking and creation after long-time using"

Very promising.... while I agree it may seems strange. Anyway, at 20$ from China, I decided to give it a try.... we will see...

And if I am not convinced I can still offer it as a fun-gift to an audiophile friend :face_palm:

Skeptoid website comment on Schumann waves here:

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4352

In brief, B.S.

And incidentally, an electromagnetic wave of 7.83 Hz has a wavelength of 38,000 km. Even if that gadget actually generates an electrical signal of that frequency, the transmitting efficiency of an antenna that you can squeeze under a BHSE is minuscule. You can probably generate a stronger signal by sitting and raising your heel off the ground on your toes until your leg starts to shake.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #16,904 of 25,567
I have to ask how much hotter does a KGSShv / Carbon make your room compared to a Staxen amplifier? I have issues with my space running hot with all the electronics (Computer, monitors, audio interface, 353X, RME, etc....)

Dec 21, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #16,905 of 25,567

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back