The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #1,021 of 2,080
my pads are close to "replace me" but the things are IMO too expensive for what they are

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #1,022 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my pads are close to "replace me" but the things are IMO too expensive for what they are

They are worth replacing ...

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #1,025 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturnalsheet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wondering which desktop amp will be the best match for the HD580?

currently looking to add a desktop amp to my setup.

Regards,

Well, if everybody is going to play this game, I love my HD580 with an ASL MG HEAD MKIII. Now, instead of everybody giving their opinions, nocturnal sheet, what kind of budget are you looking at? And do you prefer to get tubes, ss or it doesnt matter?

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #1,026 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, if everybody is going to play this game, I love my HD580 with an ASL MG HEAD MKIII. Now, instead of everybody giving their opinions, nocturnal sheet, what kind of budget are you looking at? And do you prefer to get tubes, ss or it doesnt matter?

thanks for the reply, but as you can see, i posted my millet hybrid max picture.

you guys are late.
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #1,027 of 2,080
Oh, sorry I musta missed that. But, good for you, I have heard thats a great amp, especially with Senns.

Feb 20, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #1,028 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturnalsheet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
care to share the reason? sound quality better with new pads???

will cost me about 45usd to replace the pads here. ouch.

Sound quality is much better..and bass is more powerful and defined. It took me about 3 months to decide whether or not to purchase new pads but I did in the end and don't regret it.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #1,029 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by java /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are worth replacing ...

So's the headband. My 580s are EASILY my favorite cans I own, drive them with a darkvoice 336se, love them better than my 650s.

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #1,030 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurusan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound quality is much better..and bass is more powerful and defined. It took me about 3 months to decide whether or not to purchase new pads but I did in the end and don't regret it.

ok thanks for the advice.

shall decide again when the hd600 grills stocks are in. backordered quite a while back but still haven arrive.

in the meantime i just enjoy my hd580 with my millet hybrid max.
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #1,031 of 2,080
I know the thread has been inactive for a month, but I gotta express how much I love my HD580. I got it this week and I replaced the grills with HD600 grills. I love the balanced sound, the tight and defined bass, the mids are nice and smooth, and I think the highs brightened up a tad after replacing the grills. The detail is much better than what I'm used to, as well as the imaging. I'm not driving them properly right now, but my HD650 cable comes in next week so I'll see how they sound out of my dad's Onkyo power amp. I'm assuming it'll drive these cans pretty well since they worked wonders on my Sextetts which are probably more power hungry. I was just listening to the Harrell and Ashkenazy recording of the Brahms Cello Sonatas. They sound gorgeous even without an amp so I'm pretty excited to see how they sound with one.

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #1,032 of 2,080
Just trying a set borrowed from a friend. Lovely.

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #1,033 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by doping panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know the thread has been inactive for a month, but I gotta express how much I love my HD580. I got it this week and I replaced the grills with HD600 grills. I love the balanced sound, the tight and defined bass, the mids are nice and smooth, and I think the highs brightened up a tad after replacing the grills. The detail is much better than what I'm used to, as well as the imaging. I'm not driving them properly right now, but my HD650 cable comes in next week so I'll see how they sound out of my dad's Onkyo power amp. I'm assuming it'll drive these cans pretty well since they worked wonders on my Sextetts which are probably more power hungry. I was just listening to the Harrell and Ashkenazy recording of the Brahms Cello Sonatas. They sound gorgeous even without an amp so I'm pretty excited to see how they sound with one.

Oh yeah... if they're the "new" version... they're pretty well the best Senns available for less than a grand! And with the right set up... maybe the best phones for less than a grand!

Mine sound identical to the "new" version of the HD650s - identical! So... I guess... they're both the best Senns available.

Mar 15, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #1,034 of 2,080
Do anyone ever listen without the grill covers on? I have done from time to time and I cant say I notice a difference. I prefer the stock 580 covers over the 600 ones. They have a unique, almost art deco style to them. As for sound quality, I can see one being better than the other. Try listening without the grills and see if you notice anything.

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Apr 23, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #1,035 of 2,080
posted this in the last thing you bought thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
was walking around my hometown of zurich and dropped into the keisershop. as i was browsing the headphone selection i noticed a box all they way in the back of the shelf. i reached back and felt around for a good grip and pulled this out:

L1020281.jpg

L1020283.jpg

L1020282.jpg

i was like, 'woah!'. i talked to the guy who runs the shop and he told me that he has had them for a while now but it is still brand new and probably has been there on the shelf since it was first produced. i asked how much and he quoted me 199 swiss francs (about 170usd)! needless to say i took them. don't really know if i will use them so they will continue to sit in their original packaging. they have never been used so i have no idea if they actually still sound good. he even signed the warrenty card for me and i have a 2 year warranty starting today for headphones that are no longer in production!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back