The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #889 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(But they had to order a lot of them to get them made)

How much where they asking for them?
I wonder if thats how proaudio mart (brianf) got so many.

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #891 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you mean what they paid, well, the man at the store did not want to share that with me. They had to order about 100 units.

Actually I was asking what where they charging for them, or where they selling them?

Apr 1, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #893 of 2,080
They were a good deal from Brianf at proaudiomart on eBay at $170. I boughtseveral pairs and kept two.I wondered how these headphones which were discontinues all those years ago came in such nice crip new boxes with the headphones being obviously new. No matter. The are exactly what they were claimed to be and if you noticed in brianf's store all his other items were more pricey than anywhere else on ebay. his 580 wee the deal. I'm glad I did not miss that boat. The 600's are still a nicer headphone and I don't know why but they sound smoother sounding. In theory they should be the same as the 580's.

Apr 13, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #895 of 2,080
I got a hd650 cable and hd600 grills for my hd580 and yes cable makes some changes... I think the sound is tamed a bit. Bass is a bit more controlled and the best news is highs are smoohter. Standart hd580 sound just a little bit harsh to my ears. But now I'm happy. By the way grills makes no difference but looks much better so I'm happy with it too...

Apr 13, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #896 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSuBaSa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a hd650 cable and hd600 grills for my hd580 and yes cable makes some changes... I think the sound is tamed a bit. Bass is a bit more controlled and the best news is highs are smoohter. Standart hd580 sound just a little bit harsh to my ears. But now I'm happy. By the way grills makes no difference but looks much better so I'm happy with it too...

Not that it matters much but I find the Grills have a subtle difference to the sound as the grills are a little more open the headphones sound a touch less confined, It's pretty close though.

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #897 of 2,080
is it still possible to order the 650 cable/600 grills from senn over the phone? can anyone provide details on that deal so i don't have to sift through the thread? would also appreciate info on cheapest route to obtaining a pair of replacement pads.

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #898 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSuBaSa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a hd650 cable and hd600 grills for my hd580 and yes cable makes some changes... I think the sound is tamed a bit.

Not to mention alot less ugly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by unseen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it still possible to order the 650 cable/600 grills from senn over the phone? can anyone provide details on that deal so i don't have to sift through the thread? would also appreciate info on cheapest route to obtaining a pair of replacement pads.

Call up senn USA and ask specifically for HD600 Grills (2) and HD650 Cable (1).

Ive seen the grills priced between $6-8 each and the cable around $12, dont forget to get the 1/8 > 1/4 adapter ($5).

The pads are more expensive bout $40.00

Apr 16, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #899 of 2,080
Quote:

Originally Posted by wangerin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to mention alot less ugly!

I guess that is discussable, while I agree with you, several of my friends thin the stock grills look great!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back