The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
May 27, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #5,371 of 5,928
...as I will not be in attendance at the CanJam meet, I am hoping that some of the more fortunate among us will start an "HD800 CanJam Impressions" thread...just a thought...

May 28, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #5,372 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by bergman2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...as I will not be in attendance at the CanJam meet, I am hoping that some of the more fortunate among us will start an "HD800 CanJam Impressions" thread...just a thought...

CanJam impressions will abound I'm certain...Shouldn't we lump the impressions together as to remain fair to all the Vendors?...just a thought.

May 28, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #5,374 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CanJam impressions will abound I'm certain...Shouldn't we lump the impressions together as to remain fair to all the Vendors?...just a thought.

I strongly agree with the suggestions about a single, specific HD800 impressions thread. Would be really nice.

May 28, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #5,375 of 5,928
I will be bringing my HD800 to the show as well. Seems like many of us will have a pair there, and that will benefit everyone. Unfortunately, there will be no time to burn in the headphones prior to the show. Well, I might be able to burn them in a little the night before at the hotel, but it certainly won't be substantial. So most of the impressions we give will be with straight-out-of-the-box HD800s. Comparing them to the pre-production units won't really be productive since those use different earpads anyway.

At least now we can put the idea to rest that Sennheiser was trying to keep them from us until after CanJam. I also thank Todd for all the hard work and resources he put into making this happen for us before the event.

May 28, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #5,376 of 5,928
I made a mistake not letting Todd know my new address
frown.gif

That's why I have to wait for its arrival and have my friend ship it back to me. So sad.

May 28, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #5,377 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

That's why I have to wait for its arrival and have my friend ship it back to me. So sad.

2974245945_2f3ea83bce.jpg

May 28, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #5,381 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It matters not which way you say it:The truth of the matter is that it is Price Fixing,end of story.

evil_smiley.gif

We have seen this type of superficial analysis repeatedly in this thread.

It matters a lot actually. Are you familiar with this stuff? MSRP is not price fixing. Conversely, resale price maintenance (i.e., an agreed upon mandatory minimum price) is indeed price fixing. And, as of now, RPM likely is a legal practice under Leegin, at least in circumstances such as those discussed in this thread. And while it's arguable that the competition authorities in the U.S. under the new admin may try to apply a rule of reason analysis that more closely resembles a per se rule, it is also true that it is an uphill battle now.

It is, in fact, just the beginning of the story with respect to resale price maintenance.

May 28, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #5,382 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I strongly agree with the suggestions about a single, specific HD800 impressions thread. Would be really nice.

X2.

It's great, even for people who are not buying the HD800, to know the HD800 is finally out there.

And people, please type some detailed reviews. Reading "Sounds great. I like it a lot. Better than my X" is very painful because that says a lot of nothing!

Reviews! Reviews! I need HD800 reviews like a zombie needs brains!

May 28, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #5,383 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go choke on your popcorn boy.

Please tell me you're 12. That would make your post age-appropriate and, therefore, somewhat forgivable.

May 28, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #5,384 of 5,928
My hd800 will be here tomorrow - quite unexpected. I will reserve judgement until I have time to really digest them, even on the Bijou - and hopefully the Raven.

All balanced, all the time.

May 28, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #5,385 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

On Tuesday, before I knew the headphones would even be arriving at TTVJ today, I called just to confirm that I had given him my work address and not my home address. I wanted to make sure they would arrive where I would be. My home and work are right down the block from eachother (3/4 mile, which is great, I ride my bike) but if I'm at work FedEx can leave it with me and if I were not home and they tried to deliver it there, they may or may not leave it and even if they did leave it I wouldn't want them leaving a pair of $1400 headphones out there anyway (even though my apartment building is very good and there has never been any theft from anyone that lives here). But it turns out I'll be taking most of the day off on Friday anyway because I'll be busy packing up all my gear for the show and finishing my D5K mod (if it isn't done by tomorrow), so a home delivery would have actually been okay.

The point of this story, there is no point... I'm just rambling.
dt880smile.png

I think it's time we get an HD800 smiley. Doubt that will happen, I've been waiting at least 18 months for a D5K smiley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back