The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
May 28, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #5,386 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by odigg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2.

And people, please type some detailed reviews. Reading "Sounds great. I like it a lot. Better than my X" is very painful because that says a lot of nothing!

Often many reviews that include the generic descriptors that are tossed around here so casually don't do any good anyway. It's hard to describe the emotion that one feels when listening to music that sounds true to life. When you try to put a technical label to it, you are not conveying the most important part which is how the music makes you feel. I'm not saying that the most commonly used descriptors such as soundstage, imaging, speed, warmth, bright, etc. don't help to provide insight into the headphone - they do of course - but those words lack emotion. I'm guilty of doing this too, but I think it would help if we started to give impressions that also include how we felt at the time we heard a particular song, and why it made us feel that way in contrast to brand X.

May 28, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #5,390 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does HD800 come in a hard case ?

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe it comes in a plastic case.

No

May 28, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #5,391 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hadn't even given any thought to a case. Yikes.

[size=small]What?[/size]

May 28, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #5,392 of 5,928
lol

May 28, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #5,393 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes

No

My mistake. I did not mean plastic. I meant cardboard or whatever it is made out of. It looks like cardboard with a vinyl wrap.

But for 1400 smackers a hard travel case is an expected accessory in my opinion. Will there be one available in the future as an optional purchase?

Friday can't come soon enough! Although by the time I receive them all my gear will already be packed for the event.

May 28, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #5,395 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess it's similar to the box of HD650.

It has a thin cardboard outer box with graphics and a thick black cardboard box with a hinged lid similar to the 650 box but quite a bit larger. Inside there is velvet padding and the cord is in a bubble wrap pouch.

May 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #5,396 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But for 1400 smackers a hard travel case is an expected accessory in my opinion. Will there be one available in the future as an optional purchase?

Get a Pelican case.

May 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #5,398 of 5,928
Cool,but do you like how they sound?
Quote:

Originally Posted by donlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has a thin cardboard outer box with graphics and a thick black cardboard box with a hinged lid similar to the 650 box but quite a bit larger. Inside there is velvet padding and the cord is in a bubble wrap pouch.

May 28, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #5,399 of 5,928
I must admit that when I heard that Music Direct had a few sets available it took all of my will power to resist snapping one of them up. I swore to myself that I would never buy another Sennheiser again without first auditioning it (Extensively). There's a saying, something about twice burned.....

I do envy those of you receiving your new Headphones this week. I hope that they are everything that you wish them to be.

May 28, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #5,400 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must admit that when I heard that Music Direct had a few sets available it took all of my will power to resist snapping one of them up. I swore to myself that I would never buy another Sennheiser again without first auditioning it (Extensively). There's a saying, something about twice burned.....

I do envy those of you receiving your new Headphones this week. I hope that they are everything that you wish them to be.

x2

I'm happy for all of you who have been patiently waiting and are now receiving your HD800s. After hearing the HD580/600/650 I too will have to have a listen before I commit. However, I hope they exceed everyone's expectations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back