The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
May 27, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #5,360 of 5,928
My Headroom#7 spot is open now. Sorry Tyll, I feel bad. TTVJ will be using my HD800 as a demo at CanJam and then I'll bring them home with me. That means after I try them on the Woo WA22 in his room then I can take them to the Eddie Current room and try them out on the ZDT for 10-15 minutes. And, I wont have to spend as much time burning them in.

So, NO HAIR GEL allowed at CanJam!

PS: It's not likely that he'll have my pre-ordered HF-2 at CanJam though, since I didn't find out about them till 24 hours after the pre-orders opened up...

May 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #5,361 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Headroom#7 spot is open now. Sorry Tyll, I feel bad. TTVJ will be using my HD800 as a demo at CanJam and then I'll bring them home with me. That means after I try them on the Woo WA22 in his room then I can take them to the Eddie Current room and try them out on the ZDT for 10-15 minutes. And, I wont have to spend as much time burning them in.

So, NO HAIR GEL allowed at CanJam!

PS: It's not likely that he'll have my pre-ordered HF-2 at CanJam though, since I didn't find out about them till 24 hours after the pre-orders opened up...

Awesome! I'm looking forward to your review and reading your impressions as to how they pair with the WA22 and ZDT.

May 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #5,362 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome! I'm looking forward to your review and reading your impressions as to how they pair with the WA22 and ZDT.

I am hoping the HD800 work better with the EC ZDT, so I don't have to find a buyer for the ZDT that I paid a 50% deposit on back in March. Plus I really want the 8-watt speaker out for my Stax SRD-7 Pro transformer, and my K1000.

May 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #5,363 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Classy.

A LITTLE communication goes a long way toward classy as well.

We are just helping HR to better fill the preorders already inhouse, so, everyone wins.

May 27, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #5,364 of 5,928
I've got one in my hand. Just ran over from work to pick mine up from Music Direct. Can't wait to get home and listen. They sold two while I was there.

May 27, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #5,365 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, a vendor that communicates AND responds! Mine still hasn't said a word, as if there is nothing to discuss... lesson learned.

Todd is an awesome guy to deal with, and from what I've read so is Tyll. I'm just a loyal customer and had done business with Todd in the past a number of times, so I gave him my order. Nothing against Headroom though, as I'm sure I'll do business with them as well in the future.

I posted my thoughts in one of the threads in the Headroom specific forum, but I'm guesstimating that this unfortunate few day delay that has occurred with Headroom probably has something to do with the size of their initial order. I believe I read that Tyll noted 130 units in the first order. Purely speculation on my part, but I don't think any of the other vendors placed an order of this magnitude. Perhaps moving a palette or that amount of boxes takes a little extra time?

I hate to see them lose customers over it, but after the substantial wait we have all dealt with I can understand everyone being eager to have them for CanJam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A LITTLE communication goes a long way toward classy as well.

We are just helping HR to better fill the preorders already inhouse, so, everyone wins.

Excellent point! Now more people will be satisfied at once and less will have to wait for their second order. I hadn't thought of that.

May 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #5,366 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am hoping the HD800 work better with the EC ZDT, so I don't have to find a buyer for the ZDT that I paid a 50% deposit on back in March. Plus I really want the 8-watt speaker out for my Stax SRD-7 Pro transformer, and my K1000.

I have yet to hear an EC offering but I have my eye on a ZDT or Balancing Act. I can't imagine that combo won't knock your socks off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got one in my hand. Just ran over from work to pick mine up from Music Direct. Can't wait to get home and listen. They sold two while I was there.

Too cool! Looking forward to reading your initial thoughts later this evening or tomorrow. It will tide me over until Friday.

May 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #5,367 of 5,928
gee...maybe I shouldn't have mentioned they were still available at Music Direct....
frown.gif

May 27, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #5,368 of 5,928
vai, if you think the few people that jumped ship at HR will hurt them, I doubt it. As pabbi1 said, it just opens up more spots and they will sell out, that is for sure.

Donlin, post some thoughts on them after you have had a listen!
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #5,369 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vai, if you think the few people that jumped ship at HR will hurt them, I doubt it. As pabbi1 said, it just opens up more spots and they will sell out, that is for sure.

Donlin, post some thoughts on them after you have had a listen!
biggrin.gif

thats true I guess...there should be plenty of people still in line so to speak...

May 27, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #5,370 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have yet to hear an EC offering but I have my eye on a ZDT or Balancing Act. I can't imagine that combo won't knock your socks off.

Too cool! Looking forward to reading your initial thoughts later this evening or tomorrow. It will tide me over until Friday.

Blutarsky's Zana Deux was the first and only amp I have heard that made the HD650 sound good to me when I tried it. That was part of my reasoning when Blutarsky and I both ordered the ZDT (#1 and #5). he wants the 8-watt speaker out for his horn speakers. I am tempted to bring my K1000 just to try out of the ZDT as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back