The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Mar 21, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #3,917 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
another review people may have not seen to pass the time, this time from the female perspective

Pretty weak review. She's probably a lot brighter than she comes across as being.

Mar 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #3,918 of 5,928
^ I sure hope so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
another review people may have not seen to pass the time, this time from the female perspective

Thanks for finding this...

I agree with her if you have piles of money laying around and want to upgrade form the apple earbuds, the HD800s would be an improvement
rolleyes.gif

funny how she slammed Grado, Denon, Sony, etc. "fancy wood for show". I wonder if a Senn rep told her to say that considering she seems to have no experience whatsoever with high end headphones.

I didn't realize the Sony R10s wood was just for show
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #3,920 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe mid-April. Some shop in Germany suggesting 18th (unconfirmed). This only apply to first batch customers.

Wow 939 Euros including shipping, this is a fast drop in price
wink.gif
First offers were 1399 Euros
tongue.gif

Maybe 799 Euros as christmas special ?
smile.gif

or even cheaper?

MRP for HD650s is 400 Euros, online stores sell them at 235 Euros including shipping

so maybe 699,- for HD800s after the first fanboy rush has calmed down?

Mar 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #3,921 of 5,928
That is around 10% discount which make sense.
1399 euro = $1900 which is too much. I think they try to keep price same everywhere as possible. Thus $1400 = 1031 euro i.e. 1000 euro. That shop is giving 939 euro. Question is when is the delivery?

In UK the competitors prices is high (GS1k £900) so I am cannot see it need to drop below £800.

Mar 21, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #3,922 of 5,928
One interesting thing about that site is that today it reports 19. April as shipping day, delaying it 1 day compared to yesterday. Curious about what it will report tomorrow...maybe it's just an automatic counter.
The price is even lower if u choose one tax-free state like Switzerland (which isn't tax-free, u get charged for 7.6% when the post delivers it to you, still much lower than the german 19% tax). I haven't got any reply to the mail I sent them about foreign shipping yet, but I keep being convinced they won't be allowed to ship outside Germany, although atm you can choose another Country and still display the HD800 with the accordingly calculated price. Official swiss price is still unknown, apart from that silly internet shop which lists it since a pair of days.

Mar 21, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #3,924 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One interesting thing about that site is that today it reports 19. April as shipping day, delaying it 1 day compared to yesterday. Curious about what it will report tomorrow...maybe it's just an automatic counter.
The price is even lower if u choose one tax-free state like Switzerland (which isn't tax-free, u get charged for 7.6% when the post delivers it to you, still much lower than the german 19% tax). I haven't got any reply to the mail I sent them about foreign shipping yet, but I keep being convinced they won't be allowed to ship outside Germany, although atm you can choose another Country and still display the HD800 with the accordingly calculated price. Official swiss price is still unknown, apart from that silly internet shop which lists it since a pair of days.

can i ask what site you are referring to?, thanks.

Mar 21, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #3,925 of 5,928
Since we are all waiting for these I've looked into other distractions the last couple of weeks. Since I'm currently down with a bad case of stomach flue today its too difficult to concentrate on read any hardcore audiology or tech spec's or work on my DIY projects so I thought I'd spent my time blogging about all the different things you guys could do to find distractions your self: Hot things do while playing the waiting game - I know, I know; its shamelessly PR for my blog but its for a good cause
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #3,926 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I sure hope so.

Thanks for finding this...

I agree with her if you have piles of money laying around and want to upgrade form the apple earbuds, the HD800s would be an improvement
rolleyes.gif

funny how she slammed Grado, Denon, Sony, etc. "fancy wood for show". I wonder if a Senn rep told her to say that considering she seems to have no experience whatsoever with high end headphones.

I didn't realize the Sony R10s wood was just for show
tongue.gif

X4 I wonder is Steinway or Stratovarius thought that wood was " For Show "

Mar 22, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #3,930 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X4 I wonder is Steinway or Stratovarius thought that wood was " For Show "

A musical instrument is made to «sound», so organic, (and organically) resonating materials are welcome. Sound transducers OTOH shouldn't «sound» -- except for those designed for «show» effects (both optical and acoustical).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back