The PENON official thread
Nov 11, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #11,521 of 13,903
Are there other sets that use 4 DD or more configurations? Would love to look into that a bit to prepare for comparisons, don’t think it’s something I have heard of.

Nov 11, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #11,522 of 13,903
Are there other sets that use 4 DD or more configurations? Would love to look into that a bit to prepare for comparisons, don’t think it’s something I have heard of.

Oriolus Monachaa

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #11,523 of 13,903
I am vaguely remembering something about getting a discount on the Serial if you sign up for Penon’s mailing list… was that a limited time thing? Trying to come up with Christmas present ideas cause I never know what to ask for lol. Would love to add that to my collection finally.

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #11,525 of 13,903
Absolutely love the serial, I hope Penon doesn't price the 4dd in the same realm as the Monachaa :joy:
It’s definitely gonna be expensive lol

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #11,526 of 13,903
The questions that will have to be answered are: how much of an improved sound is the new 4DD IEM over Serial, in what ways, and for how much more money?

Unless Penon works some insane magic and somehow makes it leaps and bounds better than the Serial, I don't think they will charge over $400-$500 for it.

Nov 12, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #11,527 of 13,903
Nov 13, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #11,528 of 13,903
So this is a story about adding the Penon ASOS to a few of your big boys.
DSC_0112.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_0245.jpegaa.jpeg

DSC_0249.jpegqqq.jpeg

DSC_0252.jpegaqaqa.jpeg

DSC_0250.jpegwqwqqw.jpeg

DSC_0265.jpegaaa.jpeg

To make a long story short the ASOS will go ahead and add refinement plus a little treble energy and stage that with the ISN EST50 is a welcome blast to enhance midrange and clean/clear-up bass focus. It makes the Penon VOLT milky smooth and makes the midrange sound like 5 IEMs all at once. The Nobel Audio Encore K-10 ends fine, except it may be too hot (for some) at the upper midrange/treble shelf, creating a push in that specific area, and still letting the neutral bass of the Encore shine by delineating it and letting it be......only focusing it better. The 10th gets the slight clean-up too........which shows an amazing lower midrange lushness, kinda what the ASOS Cable does to add lushness to the VOLT midrange?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #11,529 of 13,903
man, its time i share more impressions of Penon IEMs since im such a big fanboi of their tonality, to me it's prime example of musical ideal done good.

So there you go for the Blue luscious wonder: Penon Dome mini impressions based on iFi Gryphon pairing.

Bass: round and wide and dense slam, not thin nor boomy, both mid and sub bass join their force to deliver proper impact weight and a big head room that solidify macro dynamic as a whole.
It's near guilty pleasure territory, near basshead, but too balanced to be so. this isn't a detached sub bass boom à la Harman here and we do have warmth that come naturaly into lower mids so both male and female vocal as well as cello, saxo oofer lush full bodied presence without overly boosted presence grain and texture.

Mids: those who are fan of low pinna gain and warm natural tone will feel cozy and at home here and as a fan of the Penon Globe for this very reason, i'm easily charmed here. Saxophone have this air density and softed yet not blurred attack lead that make it soft in texture, we dont feel the player have super wet mouth that boost texture grain in detriment to natural lushness of instrument that come from lower harmonic mix, presence isn't compressed, it's wide and enveloping. Same goes for male and female vocal. Yes, we are in Penon IEM territory. Warm smooth mids that favor note weight and fullness of instrument before boosted upper mids presence and definition sharpness.

Treble: Surprisingly, we have lively highs here, less darken than the Globe, with proper snap but not alot of brilliance and sparkle which is inherent to BA limitation. But it doesn't mean guitar sound dull and attack lead will lack this string pulling energy. So even folk sound great with those, but don't expect analytical level of micro detail, overall tonality is laid back, fatigue free, and ultimately musical to my ears.

Because we have a BIG soundstage. Very wide, tall and holographic. And your in the middle of music here, not far away as an analytical observer.

This isn't a technical sounding set, yet it's not underwhelming in that regard, layering is good and avoid macro mudyness, but these arent for treble heard i'll say, nor harman fanboi.

As always, i would love a bit more sparkle and air, since i never have enough unless EST come to help or sublime DD take care of this. But the Dome nail musicality soul to me. After about 10H more listening ill be ready for proper review.

1700062438230.png

Nov 15, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #11,530 of 13,903
man, its time i share more impressions of Penon IEMs since im such a big fanboi of their tonality, to me it's prime example of musical ideal done good.

So there you go for the Blue luscious wonder: Penon Dome mini impressions based on iFi Gryphon pairing.

Bass: round and wide and dense slam, not thin nor boomy, both mid and sub bass join their force to deliver proper impact weight and a big head room that solidify macro dynamic as a whole.
It's near guilty pleasure territory, near basshead, but too balanced to be so. this isn't a detached sub bass boom à la Harman here and we do have warmth that come naturaly into lower mids so both male and female vocal as well as cello, saxo oofer lush full bodied presence without overly boosted presence grain and texture.

Mids: those who are fan of low pinna gain and warm natural tone will feel cozy and at home here and as a fan of the Penon Globe for this very reason, i'm easily charmed here. Saxophone have this air density and softed yet not blurred attack lead that make it soft in texture, we dont feel the player have super wet mouth that boost texture grain in detriment to natural lushness of instrument that come from lower harmonic mix, presence isn't compressed, it's wide and enveloping. Same goes for male and female vocal. Yes, we are in Penon IEM territory. Warm smooth mids that favor note weight and fullness of instrument before boosted upper mids presence and definition sharpness.

Treble: Surprisingly, we have lively highs here, less darken than the Globe, with proper snap but not alot of brilliance and sparkle which is inherent to BA limitation. But it doesn't mean guitar sound dull and attack lead will lack this string pulling energy. So even folk sound great with those, but don't expect analytical level of micro detail, overall tonality is laid back, fatigue free, and ultimately musical to my ears.

Because we have a BIG soundstage. Very wide, tall and holographic. And your in the middle of music here, not far away as an analytical observer.

This isn't a technical sounding set, yet it's not underwhelming in that regard, layering is good and avoid macro mudyness, but these arent for treble heard i'll say, nor harman fanboi.

As always, i would love a bit more sparkle and air, since i never have enough unless EST come to help or sublime DD take care of this. But the Dome nail musicality soul to me. After about 10H more listening ill be ready for proper review.

1700062438230.png
Thanks.
Could you compare Dome with 10th, especialy about treble ?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #11,531 of 13,903
Thanks.
Could you compare Dome with 10th, especialy about treble ?
10th is a very special one for me....and nothing can replace EST treble even if 2EST isnt as vivid as 4est...
tonaly wise, 10th feel more dynamic W shape way, the bass is less warm and faster but similar overal even if kick and bass line are more articulated in layering
mids are a bit thicker and more natural with DOme, especially vocal wise, i prefer Dome here but 10th have more open airy mids whih are more transperent yet not as lush
then treble is again similar in overall balance but snappier, sparklier, airier with the 10th which inflict on overall spatiality too, more open and holographic, even if DOme soundstage is great its not as deep as 10th nor as multi layered,,,

one thing sure imo: if you love Dome youll love 10th too and vice versa

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #11,532 of 13,903
mec, il est temps que je partage plus d'impressions sur les IEM Penon puisque je suis un grand fan de leur tonalité, pour moi, c'est un excellent exemple d'idéal musical bien fait.

Alors voilà pour la merveille bleue succulente : les mini-impressions Penon Dome basées sur l’appariement iFi Gryphon.

Basses : rondes, larges et denses, ni fines ni percutantes, les médiums et les subbasses unissent leurs forces pour offrir un poids d'impact approprié et une grande marge qui solidifie la dynamique macro dans son ensemble.
C'est proche du territoire du plaisir coupable, proche du basshead, mais trop équilibré pour l'être. ce n'est pas un boom de sous-basse détaché à la Harman ici et nous avons une chaleur qui vient naturellement dans les bas médiums, de sorte que les voix masculines et féminines ainsi que le violoncelle et le saxo offrent une présence corsée et luxuriante sans grain et texture de présence trop renforcés.

Médiums : ceux qui sont fans du faible gain du pavillon et du son chaud et naturel se sentiront à l'aise ici et en tant que fan du Penon Globe, c'est précisément pour cette raison que je suis facilement charmé ici. Le saxophone a cette densité de l'air et cette attaque douce mais non floue qui le rendent doux en texture, nous ne sentons pas que le joueur a une bouche super humide qui renforce le grain de texture au détriment de la richesse naturelle de l'instrument qui provient du mélange harmonique inférieur, la présence n'est pas compressé, c'est large et enveloppant. Il en va de même pour les voix masculines et féminines. Oui, nous sommes sur le territoire Penon IEM. Des médiums chauds et doux qui favorisent le poids des notes et la plénitude de l'instrument avant de renforcer la présence des médiums supérieurs et la netteté de la définition.

Aigus : Étonnamment, nous avons ici des aigus vifs, moins sombres que le Globe, avec un claquement approprié mais pas beaucoup de brillance et d'éclat inhérents à la limitation BA. Mais cela ne veut pas dire que le son de la guitare est terne et que le lead d'attaque manquera de cette énergie de traction des cordes. Ainsi, même le folk sonne bien avec ceux-ci, mais ne vous attendez pas à un niveau analytique de micro-détails, la tonalité globale est décontractée, sans fatigue et finalement musicale à mes oreilles.

Parce que nous avons une GRANDE scène sonore. Très large, haut et holographique. Et vous êtes ici au milieu de la musique, non loin en tant qu'observateur analytique.

Ce n'est pas un ensemble à consonance technique, mais ce n'est pas décevant à cet égard, la superposition est bonne et évite la macro-boue, mais ce n'est pas pour les aigus entendus, je dirai, ni pour Harman Fanboi.

Comme toujours, j'adorerais un peu plus d'éclat et d'air, car je n'en ai jamais assez à moins que EST vienne m'aider ou que sublime DD s'en charge. Mais le Dôme me donne une âme musicale. Après environ 10 heures d'écoute supplémentaires, je serai prêt à procéder à une révision appropriée.

Salut,
En tant que fan du Globe, pensez-vous que le Dôme est supérieur ou est-ce une amélioration par rapport au Globe ? Est-ce son grand frère ?

1700062438230.png
Hi,
Being a fan of the Globe, do you think the Dome is superior or is it an improvement on the Globe. Is he his big brother And is it necessary to replace the Globe for the Dome?

Nov 16, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #11,534 of 13,903
From Penon FCB Group
399653693_1978846682495589_812199162834746003_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back