The PENON official thread
Nov 7, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #11,491 of 14,143
DSC_0198.jpegW.jpeg
S.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #11,492 of 14,143
DSC_0204.jpegqq.jpeg

Some may think this list is overly enthusiastic, some may think it's insane. But the Dome is so well rounded that this is not a cable battle, but rather cable wine tasting.

Top to bottom:
ISN G4 (Graphene)
Penon ASOS
Penon Bass
Penon OSG (Graphene)
Penon Vocal
Penon Leo Plus
Penon Mix with Rhodium Plug

Penon Space

DSC_0216.jpega.jpeg

DSC_0211.jpegz.jpeg

DSC_0217.jpeg1.jpeg

DSC_0212.jpega.jpeg

DSC_0214.jpegs.jpeg

DSC_0208.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_0213.jpegq.jpeg

DSC_0206.jpegs.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #11,493 of 14,143
DSC_0195.jpegsw.jpeg
Top: Penon Orb, Penon Globe and Penon Volt
Bottom: Penon 10th Anniversary and Penon Dome
DSC_0199.jpegAA.jpeg
Thanks
The dome seems to be smaller than the 10th.

Nov 8, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #11,494 of 14,143
I recall reading about that combo in your cable roundup from a few months back! But yea, it retails for twice the cost of the 10th AE.
What's your end game cable+tip combo with the 10th AE?

I'm enjoying my set with the XINHS Silver Palladium 2 stand cable and Coreir Brass tips.
I use the same cable with my 10th and see no need to switch for another one of my - partly much - more expansive cables, as the Xinhs is such a good one with the 10th.

I doubt that a Venom eg would be able to better things much at least not according to the difference in price and with the 10th...

Not saying, that the Venom is bad or anything but the Xinhs simply is a beast, especially for hybrid IEM imo...

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #11,495 of 14,143
I Wonder how could be the medium on Dome compared to those of Fiio FD7 ...that I really appreciate.

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #11,496 of 14,143
DSC_0204.jpegqq.jpeg
Some may think this list is overly enthusiastic, some may think it's insane. But the Dome is so well rounded that this is not a cable battle, but rather cable wine tasting.

Top to bottom:
ISN G4 (Graphene)
Penon ASOS
Penon Bass
Penon OSG (Graphene)
Penon Vocal
Penon Leo Plus

Penon Space

DSC_0216.jpega.jpeg

DSC_0211.jpegz.jpeg

DSC_0217.jpeg1.jpeg

DSC_0212.jpega.jpeg

DSC_0214.jpegs.jpeg

DSC_0208.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_0213.jpegq.jpeg

DSC_0206.jpegs.jpeg
Interesting and great to see, think it looks great with the red/blue cable.
Which one, do you think is the better sounding?

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #11,497 of 14,143
Interesting and great to see, think it looks great with the red/blue cable.
Which one, do you think is the better sounding?
Actually the red and blue is the Penon Bass cable and that one is probably lower on the list? I need to hear the ISN G4 again and reiterate my impressions on that cable to be finished with the cable tests. Yet I can talk about 7 of the cables. My review should be done in a day or so, so you can read about them in a more accessible and more detailed way at that time. But to generalize here.....the Dome is an amazing player in that it literally used each cable to kind-of come upon its own ways of presenting the cable qualities. Meaning never was a cable needed to put out a fire or to subdue or enhance a particular quality. Often when using a cable it will have you wondering how much of the traits are the IEM and how much of the traits are the cable. Obviously it’s always both items, except after doing 7 or 8 different cable tests you know more about where the sound is coming from, you can kind of get a feel for both the cable’s and the IEM’s features. For starters the red and blue cable, the Penon Bass cable was great with the Penon 10th Anniversary and many members are aware of how the stage is affected into a style of enhancement? But still today many other cables were actually greater with the Dome. Now keep in mind that cable tests are always going to be subjective and personal, except here there were some standout surprises. But the Bass Cable did add low end sub-bass detail yet it was generally not as exciting as a few of the other cables. I would probably put the Vocal and Bass cables near the bottom of the list if I was to somehow quantify this whole list? But I’m not, not really putting them in exact order of better to worse?

The ASOS was the cable that arrived with the Dome, and it really is made for the Dome, as far as being both natural and expressing amazing abilities of the Dome’s main attributes. There is this clearness and cleanness that lets you know you are hearing everything inside what the stage and imagining does with the ASOS! So maybe the ASOS is truly the winner, as I’ve also used it the most of any cable with the Dome?

The Penon Leo Plus was subtle and slightly warmer than some of the cables, yet while not as big of presentation as say the SPACE or the ASOS, there was still a charm in that it was slightly laid back yet with softer imaging yet smooth and deep bass. The Leo Plus was maybe the most a analog of the group. I don’t want to put it down in any way, as I could be perfectly happy using it with the Dome permanently! It just didn’t have the stage of the ASOS or the energy of the Mix with Rhodium Plug, or the size of the SPACE, yet I really loved what it did.

The SPACE was insane, as it was big sounding a lot like the ASOS except not as separated or as truly clear into the musical elements as the ASOS.

The Penon Mix with the Rhodium Plug was really spectacular as it has slightly more definition and still has the size of the SPACE. Yet really something as the Mix showed how the pure silver was not too much treble for the Dome, you can read more exactly about how I feel in my review. I’m writing this from memory and I didn’t want to copy and past my review on these cables here.

The Vocal cable was just that an increase in the Pinna Gain region and a slight reduction of bass definition in comparison to something like the ASOS.

The OSG was interesting as it still held the Graphene qualities and showcases just how the Dome could embrace the various ways the OSG would do. Deep sculpted bass and a clear open stage yet slightly different in positioning compared to the ASOS or SPACE? Yet the midrange sculpture was there and the added midrange smoothness from the Graphene along with the added imaging definition was there, where Graphene has it’s own signature sound, and the Dome went along with the program.

All these tests were with the Walkman WM1A with MrWalkman’s firmware and my regular wide-bore silicone ear tips. Each cable was a treat and I wish I could easily say one was best, but it is more like seeing a slight new change and enjoying a different window into your music with each cable performance today?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #11,498 of 14,143
Actually the red and blue is the Penon Bass cable and that one is probably lower on the list? I need to hear the ISN G4 again and reiterate my impressions on that cable to be finished with the cable tests. Yet I can talk about 7 of the cables. My review should be done in a day or so, so you can read about them in a more accessible and more detailed way at that time. But to generalize here.....the Dome is an amazing player in that it literally used each cable to kind-of come upon its own ways of presenting the cable qualities. Meaning never was a cable needed to put out a fire or to subdue or enhance a particular quality. Often when using a cable it will have you wondering how much of the traits are the IEM and how much of the traits are the cable. Obviously it’s always both items, except after doing 7 or 8 different cable tests you know more about where the sound is coming from, you can kind of get a feel for both the cable’s and the IEM’s features. For starters the red and blue cable, the Penon Bass cable was great with the Penon 10th Anniversary and many members are aware of how the stage is affected into a style of enhancement? But still today many other cables were actually greater with the Dome. Now keep in mind that cable tests are always going to be subjective and personal, except here there were some standout surprises. But the Bass Cable did add low end sub-bass detail yet it was generally not as exciting as a few of the other cables. I would probably put the Vocal and Bass cables near the bottom of the list if I was to somehow quantify this whole list? But I’m not, not really putting them in exact order of better to worse?

The ASOS was the cable that arrived with the Dome, and it really is made for the Dome, as far as being both natural and expressing amazing abilities of the Dome’s main attributes. There is this clearness and cleanness that lets you know you are hearing everything inside what the stage and imagining does with the ASOS! So maybe the ASOS is truly the winner, as I’ve also used it the most of any cable with the Dome?

The Penon Leo Plus was subtle and slightly warmer than some of the cables, yet while not as big of presentation as say the SPACE or the ASOS, there was still a charm in that it was slightly laid back yet with softer imaging yet smooth and deep bass. The Leo Plus was maybe the most a analog of the group. I don’t want to put it down in any way, as I could be perfectly happy using it with the Dome permanently! It just didn’t have the stage of the ASOS or the energy of the Mix with Rhodium Plug, or the size of the SPACE, yet I really loved what it did.

The SPACE was insane, as it was big sounding a lot like the ASOS except not as separated or as truly clear into the musical elements as the ASOS.

The Penon Mix with the Rhodium Plug was really spectacular as it has slightly more definition and still has the size of the SPACE. Yet really something as the Mix showed how the pure silver was not too much treble for the Dome, you can read more exactly about how I feel in my review. I’m writing this from memory and I didn’t want to copy and past my review on these cables here.

The Vocal cable was just that an increase in the Pinna Gain region and a slight reduction of bass definition in comparison to something like the ASOS.

The OSG was interesting as it still held the Graphene qualities and showcases just how the Dome could embrace the various ways the OSG would do. Deep sculpted bass and a clear open stage yet slightly different in positioning compared to the ASOS or SPACE? Yet the midrange sculpture was there and the added midrange smoothness from the Graphene along with the added imaging definition was there, where Graphene has it’s own signature sound, and the Dome went along with the program.

All these tests were with the Walkman WM1A with MrWalkman’s firmware and my regular wide-bore silicone ear tips. Each cable was a treat and I wish I could easily say one was best, but it is more like seeing a slight new change and enjoying a different window into your music with each cable performance today?
Amazing that you can hear the subtle differences between the cables.

I have several cables and I'm not able to hear differences as evident as the sound stage between them, maybe has something to do with the item not being that resolving?

I'll swap the cables between the PF2 and the Dome, once the later arrives, and see what happens.

Nov 8, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #11,500 of 14,143
Amazing that you can hear the subtle differences between the cables.

I have several cables and I'm not able to hear differences as evident as the sound stage between them, maybe has something to do with the item not being that resolving?

I'll swap the cables between the PF2 and the Dome, once the later arrives, and see what happens.

Partly it depends on source, IEM and style of music. Partly it’s knowing what to listen for. While some cables are subtle, ones like the Vocal, Bass, Orbit, NiceHCK BlackCat, etc were designed to adjust the sound.
Ya, it depends on source, ear-tips, even the last IEM you had in your ears. And I am only relating my personal listening experiences with the cables, I’m not saying everyone will find exactly the same cable features as I.

Except the Dome has those 2 Sonion BAs pushing out the midrange and the Vocal Cable may be too much, of course I was listening to the very mid-centric Sony WM1A with MrWalkman’s software which is mid forward. And using wide bore tips, so you can imagine the mids with the Vocal Cable. With that said the Vocal is totally amazing with the ISN H40 and EST50, so it has many places, maybe not the Dome, of course though if you were using a V shaped source and narrow ear-tips and you personally could never get enough vocals, then maybe the Vocal Cable may be the way to go with the Dome, I mean it was exciting and fun, and super clear as a combo?

The Bass cable is great too, but today it did add sub-bass and offered a kind of expansion in imaging, where almost like the Vocal the mids were out front (but not out front like the Vocal Cable) except I just felt the ASOS was clearer and cleaner, the Mix with the Rhodium Plug was simply more defined.....and the Penon SPACE did a job too! You can read my actual impressions in the review when posted. This is all from simply memory, instead!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #11,501 of 14,143

Top to bottom:
ISN G4 (Graphene)
Penon ASOS
Penon Bass
Penon OSG (Graphene)
Penon Vocal
Penon Leo Plus

Penon Space

DSC_0216.jpega.jpeg

DSC_0211.jpegz.jpeg

DSC_0217.jpeg1.jpeg

DSC_0212.jpega.jpeg

DSC_0214.jpegs.jpeg

DSC_0208.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_0213.jpegq.jpeg

DSC_0206.jpegs.jpeg
Here is part of the actual Dome review, posted early.

Penon ASOS:
I like this cable….such favoritism can affect the outcome of tests. If any cable has been my Dome cable the ASOS has been the included cable. In a way this is fair as the ASOS has an uncanny way it relays the sound passages. Everything is itemized and clean. Clear would also be a word I would use. It’s just there is this extra ounce of bass definition here and clarity down below that the Penon Bass cable can’t quite reach. It’s like someone cleaned the windows. Everything takes on both separation and vividness, and what that brings along with it is emotional interaction. There is a middle ground here, a satisfying way that nothing is too much or too little, better separated than the SPACE and more sculpted, to where you can look down and see things are round then look out to the side and view a beautiful midrange way outside your head. The bass is both clean and controlled yet almost not holding the extra warmth, to where it’s all business here in the bass department, clean. The treble is smooth and paced just right, and there is a section to the midrange which is like a separate area in that the ASOS is offering this clean and correctness that just goes with the Dome in so many ways? Sure I’m going to go on with more cables in this review of cable ads, and each one has a specific value, it’s just that ASOS is incredibly special for what it is. The thing is maybe that the ASOS has an effortlessness that combines with the Dome effortless to make synergy?

Penon Bass:
You know it has been a while since I’ve done the Bass Cable review. And I do kinda hear maybe a little more bass than when I first review it. Still my opinion remains the same about what this cable does. There is a sub-bass that it does enhance yet the lower midrange is lifted. That and there is a wide broad expanse of midrange imaging that has always been what I felt the Bass cable offered. Still in this test today the SPACE is a little more all frequency forward and offering a bigger footprint overall? Where there are a few ways the Bass makes the imaging separated and delineated, but in a slightly downplayed way? Yes, I do hear the bass……the more I listen to this cable I hear surprising amounts of bass? Still though it’s sub-bass?

Penon OSG (Graphene):
This is one of the highlights of my day.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/pe...sed-spc-iem-cables.24554/reviews#review-30754

Amazingly the OSG is a $299.00 cable all by itself. Yes, it is a lot of money, except what it does is special. It’s like the ISN G4 in many ways but one step further into Graphene tone. It has a Rhodium plug stock, which may change the sound too…….a little? Except I’m more concentrating on how it’s a departure from the Graphene G4, in that it has many of the sonic similarities, where the stage is improved, but not with the brighter energy of pure silver. Where here there is a subtle displacement of low-end, actually lower midrange and bass focus into a blacker deeper background. This bringing of elements subdued then is leaving room for the midrange to own a splendor of sorts. A smoother midrange yet owning this Graphene tone, that is hard to describe, though after you get a taste of the G4 and OSG you will realize how they are birds of a feather. Where bass is sculpted and refined giving it somehow more depth and that depth gives the imaging better focus. Same as the midrange and treble which access this smoothness yet are better imaged to me than many cables. The effect is like turning up the saturation of your TV. You are given deeper colors as well as better sculpted 3D creations across the board. I love this cable with the Dome, and if you wanted what is described above, I would suggest maybe order it, though keep in mind it only comes with one style of plug, so you need to choose if you want 3.5mm, 2.5mm or 4.4mm.

Penon Vocal:
Bigger pinna gain segments to your listening. This is where the heart of the vocals sit. So if you have vocal music such presence will be enhanced. Yet what if you are listening to instrumental music? It is in fact enhancing that same pinna gain area, only it is what presence the instrumentation is in that area. See the thing is there are two Sonion BAs maximizing this frequency band anyway, so it can come off a little intense but it’s right on the border of too much. Maximum midrange clarity and all the forwardness that you would think arrives there too. Still there is kinda an idea that where you can have too much bass and too much treble, can you ever have too much midrange, especially if it is done right? Here with the Dome and Vocal we have a giant stage as you would guess the stage is fortified by this extra midrange enhancement, bass it still there are provocative but not as enhanced as with other cables on this test today. And the treble, it is super nice, following a slight backseat to maybe what a pure silver would do, but it is in the pocket here, simply doing its job and neither pronounced or set back…..just super nice. The Dome has such a way about it that it is clean and balanced so that I can hear the personality of these cables, yet through the eyes of the Dome. Meaning I hear the personality of the Vocal cable, as I heard the personality of the OSG, where the OSG still has a sculpted midrange, it’s not being pushed into the forwardness of the vocal, and there is a section of deepness that the Graphene does for the OSG, that is not present with the Vocal. In that aspect you get what you pay for when ordering a level of cable, yet there are combinations where the forwardness of the Vocal cable really takes the cake. Here it’s not in any way bad, in fact it is enjoyable with this exhilarating forwardness, especially right after hearing the OSG, and in a way this forwardness of mids is like a microscope, yet not showing the deeper levels of focus into the bass regions like the OSG.

Penon Leo Plus:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/penon-leo-plus-iem-cable-from-penon.24270/reviews#review-30398

Kind-of one of the pricer cables in today's testing, yet you may ask where the money went, what would happen to your Dome if you got the Leo Plus? Gold Alloy, Silver Alloy and Palladium Alloy….these are part of the expense to make such a cable. But obviously there are construction ideas put in place too. I can’t help but compare this Leo Plus to the OSG and Penon Vocal cable I just heard, I know you understand this. The Leo Plus offers a warmer, more inviting low-end that you can't help but notice. Smoother maybe than the OSG, but over-all there is a hint of warmth that is relaxing. And really the upper frequencies also grab hold of that warmth to help parley a style of continuation. Where we are sitting in an easy chair with-out the extreme vocal forwardness of the Penon Vocal cable, sitting slightly back to where stuff is more relaxed, and this warmth of the bass is like a fireplace to where it’s comfy. I promise anyone who chooses to join the Dome with the Leo Plus will find these qualities to be true. Where there isn’t quite the separation of the Graphene of the G4, and what comes out the other end is a subtle more natural and smooth while quite detailed rendition of the Dome. Yet it is all more together in stance, less drastically separated than what the OSG is attempting. The Dome is so well rounded that each of these cable tests are simply another wonderful flavor of fun.

Penon Mix with Rhodium Plug:
A little bit cleaner than the Leo Plus. More contrasty and inside of a bigger stage. A quickness and a responsiveness that could just slightly make the Leo Plus sound sleepy? Here there is a style of separation that comes from mixing copper and silver cables together, that and the Rhodium plug, taking it all over the top. I’m more inside of a world, like a musical aquarium of sorts, which has a level of immersion that has yet to be found from the OSG, Vocal or Leo Plus Cable. Kind-a the way Head-Fi is and with what people are looking for this could maybe pass as the most successful pairing of the day, especially if you are looking for separation. I’m also thinking modern, this has an incredibly modern and new sound. I don’t want to really say better than the Leo Plus because there was a warm romance that made the Leo Plus one of a kind, where here we are basking in imaging and a style of separation which holds each song element into a separate positioning, and being the stage is so very big, it accommodates such positioning.

Penon Space:
After hearing the Penon Mix with Rhodium Plug this was offering a slightly smoother take. But remember when I tap into this smoothness it is incredibly subtle and quite possibly just the difference from getting away from that pure silver cable additive with the Mix? I mean this cable has a reputation for size, and size is here in display. While slightly more cohesive than the spatial clues given off by the Mix? A tad warmer and fuller where the Mix had this separation as its main feature. Here we are more smooth and big, big deep layers and imaging going out the edges of the stage. More filled in like with a subtle warmth that the Leo Plus had, but not as much, not as drastic of warmth, but bigger in size than the Leo Plus. Really though the mids and treble are very even steven, with the Dome, like the 10mm driver and 2X Sonion mid BAs are all coming alive, that and the Knowles tweeter is dialed in, dialed in to the place it is meant to be, to make this whole signature work out.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #11,502 of 14,143
Here is part of the actual Dome review, posted early.

Penon ASOS:
I like this cable….such favoritism can affect the outcome of tests. If any cable has been my Dome cable the ASOS has been the included cable. In a way this is fair as the ASOS has an uncanny way it relays the sound passages. Everything is itemized and clean. Clear would also be a word I would use. It’s just there is this extra ounce of bass definition here and clarity down below that the Penon Bass cable can’t quite reach. It’s like someone cleaned the windows. Everything takes on both separation and vividness, and what that brings along with it is emotional interaction. There is a middle ground here, a satisfying way that nothing is too much or too little, better separated than the SPACE and more sculpted, to where you can look down and see things are round then look out to the side and view a beautiful midrange way outside your head. The bass is both clean and controlled yet almost not holding the extra warmth, to where it’s all business here in the bass department, clean. The treble is smooth and paced just right, and there is a section to the midrange which is like a separate area in that the ASOS is offering this clean and correctness that just goes with the Dome in so many ways? Sure I’m going to go on with more cables in this review of cable ads, and each one has a specific value, it’s just that ASOS is incredibly special for what it is. The thing is maybe that the ASOS has an effortlessness that combines with the Dome effortless to make synergy?

Penon Bass:
You know it has been a while since I’ve done the Bass Cable review. And I do kinda hear maybe a little more bass than when I first review it. Still my opinion remains the same about what this cable does. There is a sub-bass that it does enhance yet the lower midrange is lifted. That and there is a wide broad expanse of midrange imaging that has always been what I felt the Bass cable offered. Still in this test today the SPACE is a little more all frequency forward and offering a bigger footprint overall? Where there are a few ways the Bass makes the imaging separated and delineated, but in a slightly downplayed way? Yes, I do hear the bass……the more I listen to this cable I hear surprising amounts of bass? Still though it’s sub-bass?

Penon OSG (Graphene):
This is one of the highlights of my day.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/pe...sed-spc-iem-cables.24554/reviews#review-30754

Amazingly the OSG is a $299.00 cable all by itself. Yes, it is a lot of money, except what it does is special. It’s like the ISN G4 in many ways but one step further into Graphene tone. It has a Rhodium plug stock, which may change the sound too…….a little? Except I’m more concentrating on how it’s a departure from the Graphene G4, in that it has many of the sonic similarities, where the stage is improved, but not with the brighter energy of pure silver. Where here there is a subtle displacement of low-end, actually lower midrange and bass focus into a blacker deeper background. This bringing of elements subdued then is leaving room for the midrange to own a splendor of sorts. A smoother midrange yet owning this Graphene tone, that is hard to describe, though after you get a taste of the G4 and OSG you will realize how they are birds of a feather. Where bass is sculpted and refined giving it somehow more depth and that depth gives the imaging better focus. Same as the midrange and treble which access this smoothness yet are better imaged to me than many cables. The effect is like turning up the saturation of your TV. You are given deeper colors as well as better sculpted 3D creations across the board. I love this cable with the Dome, and if you wanted what is described above, I would suggest maybe order it, though keep in mind it only comes with one style of plug, so you need to choose if you want 3.5mm, 2.5mm or 4.4mm.

Penon Vocal:
Bigger pinna gain segments to your listening. This is where the heart of the vocals sit. So if you have vocal music such presence will be enhanced. Yet what if you are listening to instrumental music? It is in fact enhancing that same pinna gain area, only it is what presence the instrumentation is in that area. See the thing is there are two Sonion BAs maximizing this frequency band anyway, so it can come off a little intense but it’s right on the border of too much. Maximum midrange clarity and all the forwardness that you would think arrives there too. Still there is kinda an idea that where you can have too much bass and too much treble, can you ever have too much midrange, especially if it is done right? Here with the Dome and Vocal we have a giant stage as you would guess the stage is fortified by this extra midrange enhancement, bass it still there are provocative but not as enhanced as with other cables on this test today. And the treble, it is super nice, following a slight backseat to maybe what a pure silver would do, but it is in the pocket here, simply doing its job and neither pronounced or set back…..just super nice. The Dome has such a way about it that it is clean and balanced so that I can hear the personality of these cables, yet through the eyes of the Dome. Meaning I hear the personality of the Vocal cable, as I heard the personality of the OSG, where the OSG still has a sculpted midrange, it’s not being pushed into the forwardness of the vocal, and there is a section of deepness that the Graphene does for the OSG, that is not present with the Vocal. In that aspect you get what you pay for when ordering a level of cable, yet there are combinations where the forwardness of the Vocal cable really takes the cake. Here it’s not in any way bad, in fact it is enjoyable with this exhilarating forwardness, especially right after hearing the OSG, and in a way this forwardness of mids is like a microscope, yet not showing the deeper levels of focus into the bass regions like the OSG.

Penon Leo Plus:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/penon-leo-plus-iem-cable-from-penon.24270/reviews#review-30398

Kind-of one of the pricer cables in today's testing, yet you may ask where the money went, what would happen to your Dome if you got the Leo Plus? Gold Alloy, Silver Alloy and Palladium Alloy….these are part of the expense to make such a cable. But obviously there are construction ideas put in place too. I can’t help but compare this Leo Plus to the OSG and Penon Vocal cable I just heard, I know you understand this. The Leo Plus offers a warmer, more inviting low-end that you can't help but notice. Smoother maybe than the OSG, but over-all there is a hint of warmth that is relaxing. And really the upper frequencies also grab hold of that warmth to help parley a style of continuation. Where we are sitting in an easy chair with-out the extreme vocal forwardness of the Penon Vocal cable, sitting slightly back to where stuff is more relaxed, and this warmth of the bass is like a fireplace to where it’s comfy. I promise anyone who chooses to join the Dome with the Leo Plus will find these qualities to be true. Where there isn’t quite the separation of the Graphene of the G4, and what comes out the other end is a subtle more natural and smooth while quite detailed rendition of the Dome. Yet it is all more together in stance, less drastically separated than what the OSG is attempting. The Dome is so well rounded that each of these cable tests are simply another wonderful flavor of fun.

Penon Mix with Rhodium Plug:
A little bit cleaner than the Leo Plus. More contrasty and inside of a bigger stage. A quickness and a responsiveness that could just slightly make the Leo Plus sound sleepy? Here there is a style of separation that comes from mixing copper and silver cables together, that and the Rhodium plug, taking it all over the top. I’m more inside of a world, like a musical aquarium of sorts, which has a level of immersion that has yet to be found from the OSG, Vocal or Leo Plus Cable. Kind-a the way Head-Fi is and with what people are looking for this could maybe pass as the most successful pairing of the day, especially if you are looking for separation. I’m also thinking modern, this has an incredibly modern and new sound. I don’t want to really say better than the Leo Plus because there was a warm romance that made the Leo Plus one of a kind, where here we are basking in imaging and a style of separation which holds each song element into a separate positioning, and being the stage is so very big, it accommodates such positioning.

Penon Space:
After hearing the Penon Mix with Rhodium Plug this was offering a slightly smoother take. But remember when I tap into this smoothness it is incredibly subtle and quite possibly just the difference from getting away from that pure silver cable additive with the Mix? I mean this cable has a reputation for size, and size is here in display. While slightly more cohesive than the spatial clues given off by the Mix? A tad warmer and fuller where the Mix had this separation as its main feature. Here we are more smooth and big, big deep layers and imaging going out the edges of the stage. More filled in like with a subtle warmth that the Leo Plus had, but not as much, not as drastic of warmth, but bigger in size than the Leo Plus. Really though the mids and treble are very even steven, with the Dome, like the 10mm driver and 2X Sonion mid BAs are all coming alive, that and the Knowles tweeter is dialed in, dialed in to the place it is meant to be, to make this whole signature work out.
Moose, what penon slams like has amazing bass?

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #11,503 of 14,143
Moose, what penon slams like has amazing bass?
The ISN EST50 is known for that, except most all of them have lovely bass characteristics, so it really isn't one only. Though of modern design the 10th has a certain separation quality to the bass to where it is expanded out into the stage...........even the Dome hits hard, but it's more of a controlled yet textured bass, actually the certain quality of the Dome bass I'm infatuated with at the moment, maybe because I'm writing a review of the Dome at this moment? But really you can't go wrong with what you choose as far as bass goes, even the Serial which for a long time was their most neutral IEM has very satisfying bass.

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #11,504 of 14,143
The ISN EST50 is known for that, except most all of them have lovely bass characteristics, so it really isn't one only. Though of modern design the 10th has a certain separation quality to the bass to where it is expanded out into the stage...........even the Dome hits hard, but it's more of a controlled yet textured bass, actually the certain quality of the Dome bass I'm infatuated with at the moment, maybe because I'm writing a review of the Dome at this moment? But really you can't go wrong with what you choose as far as bass goes, even the Serial which for a long time was their most neutral IEM has very satisfying bass.

I agree, and want to add that the Vortex with the filter removed from the rear vent becomes a bass monster :)

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #11,505 of 14,143

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back