The PENON official thread
Nov 9, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #11,506 of 14,143
BC0C6CFD-1A95-4FD5-8D7B-05FCA6CB91D8.jpeg

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #11,508 of 14,143
Hello everyone,

Of late I've been interested and invested in Penon, and before any significant purchase I tend to do diligence, in that regard, I tried to find information about the company but it's hard to get by, not many reviews, or rankings.

The most known reviewers don't even mention the brand. If someone can enlighten me, please let me know.

Best

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #11,510 of 14,143
Hello everyone,

Of late I've been interested and invested in Penon, and before any significant purchase I tend to do diligence, in that regard, I tried to find information about the company but it's hard to get by, not many reviews, or rankings.

The most known reviewers don't even mention the brand. If someone can enlighten me, please let me know.

Best

Do be aware that a number of prominent contributors to this forum get Penon freebies to review and talk about here. Not everyone singing the praises of Penon on this forum is paying for the gear they discuss. It should be pretty obvious who those folks are if you browse back through the forum.

That isn’t to say they are not being honest with their opinions but they also generally don’t make the situation obvious to other more casual readers of the forum.

Make of that what you will in your interpretation of various comments here.

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #11,511 of 14,143
Hello everyone,

Best
Read through this thread. There are a few YouTubers who do reviews of Penon/ISN products too. Penon doesn't give out free stuff to big audiophile reviewers on YouTube, so you won't see the usual reviewers on YouTube reviewing and hyping up their IEMs and cables. They only give out review "samples" to some head-fi posters to review and hype up their products in this thread and on head-fi.

A few people have had bad customer service experience from Penon and some reviewers have claimed they try to influence reviews, so there are some people that dislike Penon. Personally, I've only had good experiences so far. They sell good products at a fair price in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #11,513 of 14,143
Quatro.gif
Fast car coming! I know you guys are thinking what is the nuts smoking. No man this has everything to do with Penon! Its coming and its coming next. If you know what the name of this rally car is. You will have a good idea.
Quattro?

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #11,514 of 14,143
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #11,515 of 14,143
Nov 11, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #11,516 of 14,143
Ha, I was wondering about that choice of car name too? 4 wheel drive?
I know it's the "Volt 2" but no idea about the correlation with the Quattro rally car.

Nov 11, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #11,517 of 14,143
DSC01448.JPG

Neo1 is a budget offering at $40 but will come with a bit of a tuning option. I encourage for folks getting a set to ditch this cable that comes with it and do a bit of cable rolling. I dont know if you guys have ever owned a carbon nanotube driver IEM but I have always been a fan of this driver type due to its highly detailed nature. A bit of a history lesson. 1st carbon nanotube IEM I am very certain was another budget model by the name of the JVC FX40 might have been late 2011 or early 2012.
1699712931189.png
Carbon drivers in general does bass exceptionally well but there is something about the carbon nanotube that brings a level of texture to the bass that stands out above other types of dynamic drivers. I still own this set and for a long time was my earphone I used to watch movies and game with due to its detail and bass. These old JVCs however have a very skinny permanently attached cable and like all permanently attached cables one side became loose after about 5 years of use. I had no idea this was the type of driver ISN was using for the NEO1 but now that I know. For $40 yes worth owning in your collection. Highly recommend a solid weeks of burn in and do change up the cable. Sure there are higher end ISN IEMs that have better sound but you gotta remember these are $40. But I bet it will surprise you after you mess with the filters, change up the cables for them with a solid burn in.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #11,518 of 14,143
I know it's the "Volt 2" but no idea about the correlation with the Quattro rally car.
My cryptic message is not as cryptic as you all think. If it was something do to with the Volt 2. You guys would have seen something with lightning on the message maybe? But no. Something to do with that 4 wheel driver I mean drive. Lol.

Nov 11, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #11,519 of 14,143

My cryptic message is not as cryptic as you all think. If it was something do to with the Volt 2. You guys would have seen something with lightning on the message maybe? But no. Something to do with that 4 wheel driver I mean drive. Lol.
It seems that the announced 4DD will arrive shortly.

Nov 11, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #11,520 of 14,143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back