Hmm, you say green translucent shell. A third would be nice :beerchug:

Wan Er S.G Jade
DSCF2764.jpg

AüR Audio Aure
DSCF2836.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #10,397 of 13,895
just wanted to share my experience with Penon promo

in April I saw promo that because of 10th anniversary they are offering free IEM with your order so I emailed asking about it
and got a reply

"We have 10th anniversary free gift giveaway events,pls check below:

If you spend US$50 or more (including US$50) in our store, we will send out 25% - 45% of the same value of the products together with your order, (such as you spend US$100, we will send you one extra US$25 to US$45 product for free)"

was wondering if I can choose which one I will get

"The free product can not specify the model, but you can choose the type, we have IEM,EARBUD,DAP,AMP."

of course you won't be getting Penon brand but later it was clear why

so I did order for bigger money counting on getting nice extra pair of IEMs

in my order I had position

FREE 10th Anniversary GIFT
- Select: In-ear Earphone FREE GIFT 1 $0.00 $0.00

and now the fun part begins

I didn't get my free IEMs so contacted Penon and Penon sent me IEMs but it turned out to be their low cost IEM

https://penonaudio.com/earphones/in-ear-earphones/iems/penon-iem.html

which is of less value than promised 25% - 45%

contacted Penon and learned that they did not send me my IEMs because I didn't put a special code within my order or contacted them afterwards

BUT this code was revealed in May after my order was already placed and in my communication with Penon they didn't tell me anything about this requirement nor any code;

they wanted to send with next purchase but I am done with buying and wanted what was offered so nice gesture they complied and even gave me
an option to choose as usually they just pick for you

this is what was offered

1689358934715.png

so I've picked Tansio and it was delivered quite promptly

however I am a little bit disappointed as this whole promo is just clearance of quite old and much overpriced IEMs that are not selling

what you can get nowadays for half of price is better than these free give aways;
when placing an order I hoped I will check out these free IEMs and then sell so all in all my original purchase will be 'cheaper'

I know for some this is still good promotion but IMHO not revealing they give away old stuff which will not sell so easy on second hand market is not nice
and will probably benefit more from some coupon code
Of course this promo is to clear out their old inventory. Why else would they do this?

Not sure why you're complaining though. You got a free 4 BA IEM and still not happy or satisfied?

When I bought my 10th AE, I didn't even know they were doing this promotion and didn't know about their VIP codes. They just threw in a random IEM that turned out to sound really good (HiFi Boy OS V3). Sure, it's an old IEM, not in its original packaging, but it still sounds good. I appreciate Penon for giving customers and promoters of theirs free stuff. What other online retailer does things like this? Penon doesn't have to give anything away.

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #10,398 of 13,895
Of course this promo is to clear out their old inventory. Why else would they do this?

Not sure why you're complaining though. You got a free 4 BA IEM and still not happy or satisfied?

When I bought my 10th AE, I didn't even know they were doing this promotion and didn't know about their VIP codes. They just threw in a random IEM that turned out to sound really good (HiFi Boy OS V3). Sure, it's an old IEM, not in its original packaging, but it still sounds good. I appreciate Penon for giving customers and promoters of theirs free stuff. What other online retailer does things like this? Penon doesn't have to give anything away.
Perfectly said.

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #10,399 of 13,895
just wanted to share my experience with Penon promo

in April I saw promo that because of 10th anniversary they are offering free IEM with your order so I emailed asking about it
and got a reply

"We have 10th anniversary free gift giveaway events,pls check below:

If you spend US$50 or more (including US$50) in our store, we will send out 25% - 45% of the same value of the products together with your order, (such as you spend US$100, we will send you one extra US$25 to US$45 product for free)"

was wondering if I can choose which one I will get

"The free product can not specify the model, but you can choose the type, we have IEM,EARBUD,DAP,AMP."

of course you won't be getting Penon brand but later it was clear why

so I did order for bigger money counting on getting nice extra pair of IEMs

in my order I had position

FREE 10th Anniversary GIFT
- Select: In-ear Earphone FREE GIFT 1 $0.00 $0.00

and now the fun part begins

I didn't get my free IEMs so contacted Penon and Penon sent me IEMs but it turned out to be their low cost IEM

https://penonaudio.com/earphones/in-ear-earphones/iems/penon-iem.html

which is of less value than promised 25% - 45%

contacted Penon and learned that they did not send me my IEMs because I didn't put a special code within my order or contacted them afterwards

BUT this code was revealed in May after my order was already placed and in my communication with Penon they didn't tell me anything about this requirement nor any code;

they wanted to send with next purchase but I am done with buying and wanted what was offered so nice gesture they complied and even gave me
an option to choose as usually they just pick for you

this is what was offered

1689358934715.png

so I've picked Tansio and it was delivered quite promptly

however I am a little bit disappointed as this whole promo is just clearance of quite old and much overpriced IEMs that are not selling

what you can get nowadays for half of price is better than these free give aways;
when placing an order I hoped I will check out these free IEMs and then sell so all in all my original purchase will be 'cheaper'

I know for some this is still good promotion but IMHO not revealing they give away old stuff which will not sell so easy on second hand market is not nice
and will probably benefit more from some coupon code
Wait, your upset because the free stuff is not nice........enough? :)

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #10,400 of 13,895

Agree with you.
And with these 'gifts' I could discover 2 'old' nice iems HiFi Boy OS V3 and AUDIO NS-5, that I appreciate too.

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #10,401 of 13,895
Wait, your upset because the free stuff is not nice........enough? :)

no I am upset because of the hassle not getting it in the first place to later find out it is just old stuff not really worth as much as the tag says; if this will be told from the start by Penon I might had chosen different free gift or not buy as much just to get better priced free IEM

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #10,402 of 13,895
no I am upset because of the hassle not getting it in the first place to later find out it is just old stuff not really worth as much as the tag says; if this will be told from the start by Penon I might had chosen different free gift or not buy as much just to get better priced free IEM
What hassle did you go through besides complaining to Penon and now to head-fi?

Penon are the ones who went through the hassle of having to send you something out of their own pocket, just to make you happy, but you still aren't happy. You're making it out to be like they deceived you when that's not close to what happened. They even let you pick the item you want, which nobody else beside their promoters get to do and you're still whining just because the IEM is old stock and not worth what you think it should be worth.

It's incredible how some people will never be satisfied, even when they're given free things.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #10,404 of 13,895

->Of course this promo is to clear out their old inventory. Why else would they do this?

because they manufacture IEMs so can attract buyers into spending more money and still get profit

and based on what information it is obvious for you ? they told you about it in April or before about old inventory ?

->Not sure why you're complaining though.

because I like clear communication and have nothing against such promo if rules are open and public

->You got a free 4 BA IEM and still not happy or satisfied?

I am satisfied with having what they promised but not satisfied it was not revealed that they give away old stuff

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #10,405 of 13,895
What hassle did you go through besides complaining to Penon and now to head-fi?

Penon are the ones who went through the hassle of having to send you something out of their own pocket, just to make you happy, but you still aren't happy. You're making it out to be like they deceived you when that's not close to what happened.

It's incredible how some people will never be satisfied, even when they're given with free things.

->What hassle did you go through besides complaining to Penon and now to head-fi?

hassle of not getting what I shall get, hassle of not being informed about some code and later pushing to finally get what I was offered without making another purchase

->Penon are the ones who went through the hassle of having to send you something out of their own pocket, just to make you happy, but you still aren't happy.

I am happy about getting it and wrote it clear but not happy about the whole cryptic process and not being open with promo

->It's incredible how some people will never be satisfied, even when they're given with free things.

it's incredible how some people read without understanding

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #10,406 of 13,895
Wait, really I’m just slightly confused? They gave you in the end a whole TSMR 4 Pro IEM, and you wish that it was better? It is still something that no other company does. That other companies have small sale incentives that still never match what they are doing here. At least that’s how I humbly see it?

I hope you realize they can’t list exactly what free thing you’re getting due to limited stock of that item, and the actual reason your getting it free to begin with.

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #10,408 of 13,895
->Of course this promo is to clear out their old inventory. Why else would they do this?

because they manufacture IEMs so can attract buyers into spending more money and still get profit

and based on what information it is obvious for you ? they told you about it in April or before about old inventory ?

->Not sure why you're complaining though.

because I like clear communication and have nothing against such promo if rules are open and public

->You got a free 4 BA IEM and still not happy or satisfied?

I am satisfied with having what they promised but not satisfied it was not revealed that they give away old stuff
1. They didn't tell everyone about a free IEM promotion. You said they told everyone in April but I never saw any ads or emails about this until 6 days ago when they sent out an email saying people who purchase a 10th AE get a free IEM when you input a code. Not in percentage of how much you purchase from them, but rather an IEM "worth $125 to $225". So either you're lying or you're a special snowflake who got a special email most people didn't get.

2. They manufacture IEMs and cables, but they're also a retailer of other Chi-fi products made by other companies. They have old stock they want to get rid of. As an incentive and appreciation to their customers, they're giving away free stuff. There is no other reason.

3. Again, they didn't advertise a free IEM deal to the public. It's not on their website at all. They only advertise a free gift with an order. Nowhere does it specify how much the total of your order will determine how much value of a free gift it will be. Everything is clearly communicated to everyone (except to you).

Penon.jpg

4. No, you're an ungrateful Karen complaining about not getting something new and more expensive.

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #10,409 of 13,895
To get this thread back on track. I want you to do something for me.

Imagine you are Head-fi`s local peasant, and lets say your name starts with "V" and end with "afler". You look at other peoples TOTL iem on the forum and think, these rich ****ers. No worries, i play euro lotto and one of these days, i will win the big money prize then i will end up buy 10 TOTL iems, unpack them, throw them on the bed and sleep naked with them.

But until the peasant wins the lotteri, he is thinking of adding a Penon iem to his humble collection. Turbo, serial or 10th? what would be your first Penon iem and why?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #10,410 of 13,895
Edit: :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back