The PENON official thread
Jul 14, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #10,381 of 14,143
Did anyone try Penon Tail with Macbooks with Apple Silicons?
For some unknown reason, my stopped working correctly with Macbook Air M1. Whenever I connect it to the Macbook, the left or right side of the earphone randomly has no sound. I tried different cables and rebooted my Mac and got the same result. I was disappointed with a Penon QC. :slight_frown:
Also, with some cables, when the iPhone battery lowers to 20% or less, the 3.5mm jack output starts muting randomly left or right channel. Not sure, is it my only unit or the firmware bug.
Hmmm. Never had a problem like that with the MacBook Air, try a different music program, maybe?

Jul 14, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #10,382 of 14,143
Went and listened to more songs already. The stage is actually bigger than I first thought? Also due to this talk of midrange and the surrounding choices (of other IEMs) I was getting ready to be underwhelmed, yet nothing of the sort? The lows are deep and visceral, the highs sparkle, and the mids are full, and I don’t hear any grain? Of course it’s new, so? :)

I will write some first impressions tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #10,383 of 14,143
Hey, look who is here!
IMG_20230714_135541.jpg

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #10,385 of 14,143
Went and listened to more songs already. The stage is actually bigger than I first thought? Also due to this talk of midrange and the surrounding choices (of other IEMs) I was getting ready to be underwhelmed, yet nothing of the sort? The lows are deep and visceral, the highs sparkle, and the mids are full, and I don’t hear any grain? Of course it’s new, so? :)

I will write some first impressions tomorrow.

10th Anniversary is totally a surprising IEM. It is simply a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!

I'm fighting the urge to buy the Turbo. Resistance is futile though, I'm afraid.

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #10,386 of 14,143
Looking forward to the reviews coming out for the Turbo before I consider it. I’m still on the hunt for an All-BA set, although I’m not in a rush to purchase, as my Aurora hasn’t even arrived yet. And I’m still really enjoying my 10 AE - which seems to be just getting better and better the more I listen/burned in it is.

I should just enjoy what I have rather than looking for what’s next, but I know I will end up buying an All-BA set, so there’s no point lying to myself 😂

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #10,387 of 14,143
Jul 14, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #10,388 of 14,143
I'm fighting the urge to buy the Turbo. Resistance is futile though, I'm afraid.
I should just enjoy what I have rather than looking for what’s next, but I know I will end up buying an All-BA set, so there’s no point lying to myself 😂

I really don’t need another all-BA IEM. Right?!

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #10,389 of 14,143
MEAOES IEM Cable pair well with 10th, better than with obsidian.
More detailled but less impact, maybe...

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #10,390 of 14,143
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #10,391 of 14,143
Trying....to...resist...TURBO!

Jul 14, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #10,393 of 14,143
Ugh, Penon, turbo! I've only just gotten AüR NP, still comparing it to the slightly superior MMR Balmung, and then received a grail Xe6, which wanted a high end cable. I'm broke, Penon! I may actually have to sit this one out and it's a pretty exciting release!

Jul 14, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #10,394 of 14,143
Ugh, Penon, turbo! I've only just gotten AüR NP, still comparing it to the slightly superior MMR Balmung, and then received a grail Xe6, which wanted a high end cable. I'm broke, Penon! I may actually have to sit this one out and it's a pretty exciting release!
It'll still be there when your bank account has recovered a little. Don't fret =)

Jul 14, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #10,395 of 14,143
just wanted to share my experience with Penon promo

in April I saw promo that because of 10th anniversary they are offering free IEM with your order so I emailed asking about it
and got a reply

"We have 10th anniversary free gift giveaway events,pls check below:

If you spend US$50 or more (including US$50) in our store, we will send out 25% - 45% of the same value of the products together with your order, (such as you spend US$100, we will send you one extra US$25 to US$45 product for free)"

was wondering if I can choose which one I will get

"The free product can not specify the model, but you can choose the type, we have IEM,EARBUD,DAP,AMP."

of course you won't be getting Penon brand but later it was clear why

so I did order for bigger money counting on getting nice extra pair of IEMs

in my order I had position

FREE 10th Anniversary GIFT
- Select: In-ear Earphone FREE GIFT 1 $0.00 $0.00

and now the fun part begins

I didn't get my free IEMs so contacted Penon and Penon sent me IEMs but it turned out to be their low cost IEM

https://penonaudio.com/earphones/in-ear-earphones/iems/penon-iem.html

which is of less value than promised 25% - 45%

contacted Penon and learned that they did not send me my IEMs because I didn't put a special code within my order or contacted them afterwards

BUT this code was revealed in May after my order was already placed and in my communication with Penon they didn't tell me anything about this requirement nor any code;

they wanted to send with next purchase but I am done with buying and wanted what was offered so nice gesture they complied and even gave me
an option to choose as usually they just pick for you

this is what was offered

1689358934715.png

so I've picked Tansio and it was delivered quite promptly

however I am a little bit disappointed as this whole promo is just clearance of quite old and much overpriced IEMs that are not selling

what you can get nowadays for half of price is better than these free give aways;
when placing an order I hoped I will check out these free IEMs and then sell so all in all my original purchase will be 'cheaper'

I know for some this is still good promotion but IMHO not revealing they give away old stuff which will not sell so easy on second hand market is not nice
and will probably benefit more from some coupon code

Users who are viewing this thread

Back