The PENON official thread
Sep 27, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #3,331 of 13,650
Yeah bit of a no-brainer at this price point. Either this or save for a little longer and get the ISN H40 if you're happy to go hybrid.

Sep 27, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #3,332 of 13,650
There’s always a spot or three for a single DD. And the Fan in my opinion is done just right, like you said a no brainer.

I’d be stoked if Penon were to come out with a higher resolving/technical unit next year in the $200 price bracket with their usual tuning prowess, i.e. great bass, forward mids, polite treble and a large soundstage.

Lest I forget, it should be as part of the Penon lineage instead of a sub category that the Fan was. :relaxed:

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #3,334 of 13,650
I would order the Fan right now if I wasn't moving in November. Maybe in December.
No doubt there’ll be Christmas and New Year sales. Might even be cheaper!

There’s always a spot or three for a single DD. And the Fan in my opinion is done just right, like you said a no brainer.

I’d be stoked if Penon were to come out with a higher resolving/technical unit next year in the $200 price bracket with their usual tuning prowess, i.e. great bass, forward mids, polite treble and a large soundstage.

Lest I forget, it should be as part of the Penon lineage instead of a sub category that the Fan was. :relaxed:

Curious to see if they do release a single DD next to fill the gap in their official line up.

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #3,338 of 13,650

I like this idea. Their full range DD, especially the driver that was used in the Globe is particularly a very strong suit...

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #3,340 of 13,650
I would prefer a multi DD unit a la 3DT but with the Penon house sound.
or the qdc 3d magic, but in the Penon HS...

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #3,343 of 13,650
Just keep the price in my budget: under $350. Please make it happen @Penon!

edit: Maybe the triple D could be done for under $350...

True, scratch that then. Triple DD, or two DD 1BA ultrahigh.

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #3,345 of 13,650

Users who are viewing this thread

Back