The PENON official thread
Jul 4, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #286 of 13,880
.... the spiral dots tend to slide off some of the more slippery nozzles due to the softer core, that's why I wanted to try the sednas.
Then the Sedna tips will work perfectly for you. They are easily in top tier (top 5) ear tips ever made.

Jul 6, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #288 of 13,880
530EA319-C174-4800-A9D9-D17E0859CFBC.jpeg

Bravo. Orb came in faster than I ever expected.
Impressed with Penon’s speedy service.

Sound is very organic and liquid. I like it very much.

I mainly listen to instrumental music, but ORB is making me to dig out all the albums with vocal in it.

Jul 7, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #289 of 13,880

I mainly listen to instrumental music, but ORB is making me to dig out all the albums with vocal in it.

I love listening to Fazer's albums with my Orb.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #291 of 13,880
I have the impression that Orb is close to the Custom Art Fibae Black in tonality. If Orb have a slight more extension in highs I'm all in!
Get it Naoooo! If your feedback is good, count me in too!

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #292 of 13,880

1594129341292.png

Instruments work very well w/ the Orbs. i graduated from the 200 hour burning in. The tonality became a sumptuous neutral, rich timbre.
There's a lot to re-discover from your album collection...

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #293 of 13,880
I have the impression that Orb is close to the Custom Art Fibae Black in tonality. If Orb have a slight more extension in highs I'm all in!
Thats coming up in the Penon Globe. It will have one DD and two BAs, and the dedicated BA supertweeter will provide very extended treble!

THIS IS A JOKE. I HAVE NO INSIDE INFORMATION.

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #294 of 13,880
I discovered something last night that was a bit baffling to me. I have been using my Spiral dots with good results but I dont know if it has been due to me trying out various cables or the hours of burn in I have accumulated due to just listening to them but I started to try some other tips. Went back to the stock tips. There is a set that is almost identical to the Symbio Ws but is a touch and I mean a touch shorter stem wise. I believe it is the blue stemmed one that comes with the Orbs.

Basically I got a more focussed sound using it. Also for guys that want more treble and dont mind leaning out the bass end a touch. Try using pure silver cables. In this case I do believe there is a benefit of using a pure silver cable on the Orbs.

I put on my ISN AG8 cable on the Orb for now and it sounds superb with this cable. I have a cheap NiceHCK pure silver cable on the way and will try it using that cable. For guys that want to squeeze out a bit more detail in the treble end. Give some silver a try. Symbio Ws and the stock tips seems to work well to bring out a bit of treble as well.

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #295 of 13,880
1594133418171.png
It is the blue stemmed tips shown here. These do a great job focussing the sound including the treble end. I know a lot of guys have a tendency including myself to skip on stock tips that come with earphones and go for your favorites. I am certain the Orbs was designed with the pack in SPC cable and these tips.

If you guys havent tried them give them a go. Might surprise you.

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #296 of 13,880
I'm liking the blue stock tips a lot. Using a toxic cables SPC but finding the treble a little blunted/overly smooth. I was just thinking to use a silver cable when I read your post! I'll try that next.

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #297 of 13,880
Nice higher end SPC cables works great like the OS849 but pure silver while tightening the bass end a touch brings that bit of energy forward to the highs balancing out the Orb in the process.

I suppose it will depend on if you want to keep that bass end vs adding a bit of treble end. The Orb has plenty of high quality bass so I dont feel silver takes away too much of the bass. What it does for treble however I feel is worth it.

Jul 7, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #298 of 13,880
I've got a home made pure silver cable but just remembered also have a Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1 which is a "pure silver center conductor wrapped concentrically by a 15-18% ratio silver plated conductor."
Best of both worlds, perhaps?

Jul 7, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #299 of 13,880
I'm liking the blue stock tips a lot. Using a toxic cables SPC but finding the treble a little blunted/overly smooth. I was just thinking to use a silver cable when I read your post! I'll try that next.
Same. Blue stock tips are my default tips on the Orb now.

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #300 of 13,880
Jumped in on the Orb ship, let's see how the ride will be.
Of course, waiting for it to dock at my home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back