The past and the future of Meier-Audio
Jun 6, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #33 of 70
Spud, dont even get me started - I have been waiting over 2 weeks for an amp delivery and its annoying as hell. The thought of waiting for an amp that hasnt even been released yet - well, thats more than this Koala can hope to bear.

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #34 of 70
Interresting new amplifiers on the way. I wonder if there is a DAC in either of them?

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #35 of 70
Jan e-mailed me today. 3 weeks and counting
eek.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #36 of 70
Can't wait to hear about the differences between the Corda Classic and the Corda Concerto.  Seems to be keeping the same clean design with what looks like added crossfeed controls like with the stagedac.

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #37 of 70
Good on ya Jan! :) Good to hear your sticking around producing some lovely amps.

Definitely excited to see your new designs!

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #38 of 70
3 more weeks ? That isnt my definition of 'MID' June, Jan !
eek.gif

Still, in the audio world, its pretty good. I think the only guy who releases kit on the assigned date is Kevin Halvorsen. 

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #39 of 70
Hi guys,

"3 more weeks ? That isnt my definition of 'MID' June, Jan !"#

There have been some problems with the supply of a specific part. Remember the earthquake in Japan!

:)

Jan

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #41 of 70
Those sure look like digital filter switches to me. :)

It looks like we may have a new combined DAC and amp. Something like a Concerto + StageDAC but perhaps with simpler controls.

Very interesting!

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #42 of 70

Quote:
Those sure look like digital filter switches to me. :)

It looks like we may have a new combined DAC and amp. Something like a Concerto + StageDAC but perhaps with simpler controls.

Very interesting!

Exactly what I thought too. But the cross feed part of the Concerto might have had those controls just as well. So maybe it is only dreaming for my part. On the other hand I am not expecting totally new circuits. The Stepdance is a success and the 2Stepdance is just a refinement making a great product better. I am guessing that the Classic is a minor refinement of the Concerto (which is a masterpiece of an amp) - not a completely new amplifier. Who knows other than Jan 
normal_smile .gif

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #43 of 70
I don't see anything on the Classic that remotely resembles an input selector. Perhaps it's a 24/96-capable USB-only DAC/amp combo?
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #44 of 70
The specs are up on the Meier Site reference 2Stepdance. Can't find the original spec but did it use OPA209's? for some reason I didn't think so. No biggie, it's a great chip with the correct implementation and I'm looking forward to testing it out.

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #45 of 70
The original StepDance used OP1611's.

Quote:
For amplification five single OP1611 opamps are used for maximal sonic performance.(No dual or quad-opamps!)

(The old page is available here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back