The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Apr 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #2,296 of 2,849
It looks identical to mine. The only thing is, in the photo above, the headband it's extended only on the kid's left side (right as we see). While on the other side, it's fully retracted.

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #2,297 of 2,849
They look the same as my pair from November. They also near the same after being cooked. The only difference is the lack of velour pads.

Come on MODS!!!! It doesn't even cuss. It is a bass song.

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #2,299 of 2,849
I just got in my second pair from ups about 30 minutes ago. Sold off the first pair about six weeks ago. Decided that I liked having an inexpensive pair of phones for listening on the porch and such. 

I was about to set them up to cook for 24 hours or so, but decided to give them a quick listen. Still listening now. There are simply amazing!! There is no way the you should be able to get this sound for $30. Just no way. I would have said it was a $100 phone easy if I didn't know anything about it. If they were $130 I would have said that was a fair price. Amazing...just amazing. Most underpriced hp on the market today IMO...

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #2,300 of 2,849
You guys want to try something fun.. Next time you have guests at your house.. Let your unsuspecting friends try them out with your best dynamic tracks. They will be a awe..Ask them how much thy think it costs. It is always fun to ask people once they hear these.

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #2,302 of 2,849
non audiophile here. Lucky for me I ordered mine saturday and they just got here today. I cant be more pleased with them, the positive reviews were indeed spot on. I am hearing alot of sounds I never heard before in my music its as if I am hearing a new remastered version. Compared to my meelectronic m9's and other cheap sub 10 dollar headphones these are just incredible, if there is any doubt it ends with this thread :)

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #2,303 of 2,849
Apr 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #2,304 of 2,849
Currently wearing mine as well, ordered them this week per MalVeauX's recommendation, very impressed so far and only have had them on for about 30 minutes, went ahead and ordered the velour pads as well. Haven't put those on yet but they look very nice. Biggest thing I noticed when I got them is how much larger they are than I was expecting, they just seem to photograph small.

Find it hard to believe they will sound better after a burn-in but I look forward to it!

Thanks, this forum is great! 

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #2,305 of 2,849
I wouldn't say that they are that large really. Medium maybe. They are the smallest hp's that I own. Just got a second pair in today. They sound great right out of the box. The first pair didn't and I had to burn them in for quite a while before I thought that they sounded good. I loaned them to my daughter for a few weeks. When I got them back they sounded even better!!

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #2,306 of 2,849
Yup they just hit $60 at Amazon and B&H. Pan outlet store has them for $40. Macmall has them for $32. So a few places you still score them $30.
The bass song I tested with was DJ Magic Mike " feel tha bass". Very impressive to handle the different levels of bass.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2,308 of 2,849
OMG sooo much bass I love it!

Quote:

You want to test the bass on these cans, use this video.  This is what I test with. Get those cans humming.  Of course it is better with the original recording like i use.  But you see how they handle low riding bass and even sounds ok coming from Youtube. 

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #2,309 of 2,849

Quote:
OMG sooo much bass I love it!

I prefer textured bass of hardstyle, this is as singlenote/boomy bass (aka. car sub setup lover's bass)  as you can get. :) Only dared going up to like 1/2 - 3/4 on the youtube vol slider with my normal listening volume due to my Q40 + ZO2.1 amp combo.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #2,310 of 2,849
I just got them from amazon.co.uk..

First of all i dont have much experience for headphones..
 I listenedto them when i unboxed that..Really nice sound , but i think that something is missing..Medium and high freqs are not what i expected..Bass is just nice ..(deep not so powerful but good ) .. When i plugged them in a sony hi-fi  i felt the same thing.. Highs are not there..i move the equaliser all the way up  for the highs , and down for the bass to test.. Nothing spectacular..Sound is muddy..Mids are so-so..not a big  frequenchy range..

Build quality is ok i like it!! 
Isolation is almost terrible, but i dont mind (expected that from reviews)

Is there any possibility that htf600-s are different from the europian version?

Now i decided to burn them in...I read that 30 hours is ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back