The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Mar 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #2,131 of 2,849
I think your right. The 2nd one is the velours. I had no idea they made a pleather version. That would be like buying another pair of the stock pads that are on the Panasonics. The 2nd link has to be correct. velour is what you want.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #2,132 of 2,849
Well not all pleather introduces sweat though, what's on the Panasonic is really weird material which isn't typical pleather at all, it also gets very stiff and solid on the surface which typical pleather doesn't, my Q40 I use now have the typical low quality pleather pads but it doesn't make me sweat at all even after many hours of use, with the HTF600's pads it happened with like only after 1~1½ hrs of use usually.

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #2,134 of 2,849
Not really comparing apples to apples, but to answer your question I would say that the Pan is better. I don't own the d1100 but I do own the d2000 and the Panny. I have also listened to the d1100.  The denon some would say has slightly overall bass impact but to me it's too muddy. Denon is more comfortable but I prefer the Panny's sound signature across the board.

thanks...

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #2,135 of 2,849
I'd also pick HTF600 over D1100 but yea D1100's sound signature wasn't at all for my liking, doesn't have to be the case for every1 though of course.

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #2,136 of 2,849

I'd also pick HTF600 over D1100 but yea D1100's sound signature wasn't at all for my liking, doesn't have to be the case for every1 though of course.

Quote:
Not really comparing apples to apples, but to answer your question I would say that the Pan is better. I don't own the d1100 but I do own the d2000 and the Panny. I have also listened to the d1100.  The denon some would say has slightly overall bass impact but to me it's too muddy. Denon is more comfortable but I prefer the Panny's sound signature across the board.

thanks...

It's better to be a bit uncomfortable than spending a fortune, right? haha
Thank you for your inputs! I guess I'll go with the Pannys then!

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2,137 of 2,849
Got my panasonics today. Being the eager beaver I am I plugged them straight into my asus transformer and played some bass music. Gotta say I was quite underwhelmed. Was expecting much more bass impact and quantity. Reading the first post again I guess I misread these for being bass heavy. They weren't bad though. I enjoyed the couple of tracks I played anyway and was much more impressed by these than I was with my senn HD 558's.

After a couple of songs I plugged them into my turtlebeach x41 amp to play some MW3. I've played it for about 3 hours. I generally find it hard to pinpoint enemies completely based on sound and these didn't help me any better than my x41's, they were probably a bit worse at positional accuracy but anything within 90 degrees is enough for me to know where the enemy is . I need to do some more head to head comparisons. Overall they seem fine for competitive gaming. I haven't tried it for non-competitive gaming but I feel I would need more bass. Once I get round to hooking up my wii and Zelda SS, I'll give my impressions.

After 6+ hours burn can't say I've noticed much difference. The mids, or at least voices do seem recessed an rather subdued. If you can imagine a horizontal circle at each ear, voices are in the centre of the circle with other parts of the music surrounding the voices, being either relatively closer to the ear or further away. It's quite a weird sensation and is quite enjoyable but I wanted voices to jump out at me and they just dont. Soundstage is really impressive. As I mentioned before you get this circle like effect at the ear and music is clearer seperated by space. Soundstage for me was better than the 558's for me, but crucially they still sound musical while the senns sounded detatched.

On the design front they look better than I was expecting. They have a lot of random words and numbers which don't seem to mean anything (numbers 1 & 2 on a little plastic that can be pressed in but doesn't do anything, and the word "quick fit" which I have no idea what it means). Comfort is ok. The pads are really soft and headphone is very light. I'm feeling some discomfort after and hour and a half of wearing them, top of the head is itching and ears are starting to hurt, but I think this is more due to fatigue from listening to sounds.

I'm a noob at all this so take my opinions with a grain of salt. Also this is my second first full sized headphone so I don't know much about how much difference burn in will make but I'll give it a chance I'm hoping vocals will come forward more and bass impact and quantity improves as there isn't much at all to be honest.

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #2,138 of 2,849
You are hearing there out of box. I wasn't all that impressed with them out of box either. Hook em up to your source and burn them in. Try it again tomorrow. These will change for the better.

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #2,139 of 2,849
Something weird is going on. When I play music through the headphones at my listening levels through the xonar dg, the headphone doesn't really leak any sound, but the at the same levels through the asus transformer or clip+ it leaks like Titanic. Anyone else experienced this?

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #2,140 of 2,849
Sweet mother of jesus, just added my Beyerdynamic DT200 Velour Pads to my HTF600's and my god what a dramatic difference.  After 100+ Hours of Burn In - these look, sound, and feel.  Like $500 dollar headphones.  Absolutely love them.  Comfort is unrivaled, amazing sub bass, super responsive mids, dynamic highs without being harsh.  Deep punchy bass, with a strong reverberation that leaves your head and your ear canals shaking.  Vocals are a real treat, and sound spot on each and every time - mail or female.  Electronic or Acoustic.  Any type of genre these headphones absolutely obliterate.  Dubstep is especially intense with the constant low bass lines that linger for ages.  These are honestly the only headphones you ever need to buy.
Just absolutely beautiful man.

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #2,143 of 2,849

Quote:

It leaks sound. So probably not.

Ah, how dissapointing. I am very used to the ultra-portable IEM situations..Transfering to actual full-sized headphones, while still being bass heavy and relatively nice sounding, while being relatively portable is becoming very difficult...

confused_face.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #2,144 of 2,849
Try the Monoprice 8320, for the price I don't think you will be disappointed.  Look into modifying the tips that come with it or putting aftermarket soundmagic or comply tips to amplify the bass which is super strong regardless and increase sound isolation.

[size=medium]  [/size]

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #2,145 of 2,849

Quote:
Ah, how dissapointing. I am very used to the ultra-portable IEM situations..Transfering to actual full-sized headphones, while still being bass heavy and relatively nice sounding, while being relatively portable is becoming very difficult...

confused_face.gif

NotSoSerious,

Try the Monoprice 8320, for the price I don't think you will be disappointed.  Look into modifying the tips that come with it or putting aftermarket soundmagic or comply tips to amplify the bass which is super strong regardless and increase sound isolation.

Portability and headphones don't really go together IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back