The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Feb 1, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #1,952 of 2,849

Quote:
How much do these phones cost finally? I mean 30 bucks sounds about right? Im on vacation in Bulgaria, Europe at the moment, so how much it will cost if I buy them from here (Online on Amazon) Please support guys :)

I just paid $31.38 for mine from Amazon (free shipping)... But that's in the States... 

They should be here on Friday so I am definitely interested to hear what all of the talk is about! For $30 odd dollars I don't have high expectations but hopefully they will at least give me a different frequency response to try (I like to stay away from EQ's if at all possible)...

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #1,953 of 2,849

Quote:
I just paid $31.38 for mine from Amazon (free shipping)... But that's in the States... 

They should be here on Friday so I am definitely interested to hear what all of the talk is about! For $30 odd dollars I don't have high expectations but hopefully they will at least give me a different frequency response to try (I like to stay away from EQ's if at all possible)...

in the States is different yes, but I'm asking if I buy them from here..

Feb 2, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #1,954 of 2,849
So i just received them, im listening music for about 40 minutes... dunno if its because they're out of the box but i couldnt find the almighty bass that i read in the reviews... at least with no EQ'ing.

I boosted the bass and its crazy, at least in relation to other headphones that i had, i can feel the bass vibration in my ears and still have an excelent clarity in the vocals.

Well, its common opinion that dolby headphone isn't good for music, but seriously, i tried it and it sounds really better than without it, if i don't use it sound kinda flat sound (maybe some burn in?).

Well for dubstep/drums i tried this;

But it kinda sounded a little muffy (not that much) but with this preset 

it sounded really good, its like a v-shape or whatever its called, but in this case the bass isnt very present (well, it is, but i dont feel that basshead effect :3)

As you certainly noticed im not very experienced at this so if you can give some tips... it would be very welcome.

Feb 2, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #1,955 of 2,849
^ If you like the sound of dolby headphone, have a look at http://www.head-fi.org/t/555263/foobar2000-dolby-headphone-config-comment-discuss

Those configs have tweaked Dolby Headphone settings that brings the soundstage/positioning benefits with no to little negative impact on sound quality. Dolby Headphone adds roughly 1.5dB bass boost as well as up to around 1~1.5dB decrease in the treblerange. Better to start off with those configs, then use your EQ to make it sound like you want to.

But burn in those Panasonics, then the bass response becomes better. These really changes with burn-in. I was slightly underhelmed as well but later on I was like where did all this bass come from. O_o

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #1,956 of 2,849
ok i think im going to get banned of this forum for saying this but damn
HOLY CRAP THESE HEADPHONES ARE THE MOST AMAZINGEST **** I HAVE EVER FED TO MY EAR WOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOW AMAZING

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #1,957 of 2,849
You guys are gonna drive me craaaazy.
biggrin.gif

I want'em too but i have to wait until i have cash. Painful wait.
redface.gif

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #1,958 of 2,849

Quote:
^ If you like the sound of dolby headphone, have a look at http://www.head-fi.org/t/555263/foobar2000-dolby-headphone-config-comment-discuss

Those configs have tweaked Dolby Headphone settings that brings the soundstage/positioning benefits with no to little negative impact on sound quality. Dolby Headphone adds roughly 1.5dB bass boost as well as up to around 1~1.5dB decrease in the treblerange. Better to start off with those configs, then use your EQ to make it sound like you want to.

But burn in those Panasonics, then the bass response becomes better. These really changes with burn-in. I was slightly underhelmed as well but later on I was like where did all this bass come from. O_o

Well im a spotify listener probably 80% of the time i have the headphones in my head, so foobar isn't really an option as i have almost no musics in my HD.

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #1,959 of 2,849

Quote:
in the States is different yes, but I'm asking if I buy them from here..

If you buy them from Head-fi? I don't believe they sell them from this site, but I'm pretty sure you would be supporting them by clicking on the amazon link on this page that shows the headphones, and then buy them from Amazon.  Most likely Head-fi is an affiliate of Amazon and would get a percentage of the sale.

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,960 of 2,849

Quote:
If you buy them from Head-fi? I don't believe they sell them from this site, but I'm pretty sure you would be supporting them by clicking on the amazon link on this page that shows the headphones, and then buy them from Amazon.  Most likely Head-fi is an affiliate of Amazon and would get a percentage of the sale.

buy  them from AMAZON :) but Im currently on vacation here in Bulgaria(eu) so if I buy them from here(Bulgaria) how much would it cost? :) approx. ?

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #1,961 of 2,849
I love these headphones but not sure if they're going to work out in the office.... I need more isolation! Anyways what is the consensus these days for this sound signature in a closed can WITHOUT spending an arm and a leg more?

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #1,962 of 2,849

Quote:
I love these headphones but not sure if they're going to work out in the office.... I need more isolation! Anyways what is the consensus these days for this sound signature in a closed can WITHOUT spending an arm and a leg more?

Try a JVC HAM750. Great isolation. Good bass. Warmer sound signature. Solid phones for the money.

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #1,963 of 2,849
Now I realize it's a whole nother price bracket but anyone heard the Sony MDR-ZX700's next to these? Their signature sounds close from reviews I've read but with way better isolation.

PS: I just listened a guys XB500's and I like the fit/feel but the V shaped FR just isn't for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back