The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 24, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #1,051 of 2,849

Quote:
I've been playing them constant since I got them.  Just now playing godsmack's self titled I heard the first signs of the higher notes opening up and the veil is less obvious, however the higher notes don't really fit in with the rest of the sound signature atm, they stick out a bit.  It's low treble/upper mids, maybe 1800-2k hz I think.  I heard some of the clicking earlier today, but only for a moment or two.

It won't be apparent now but it is amazing to me how much they improve over time. Keep blasting them tunes they will smooth out..Throw on some bass heavy tunes on them. That seems to open them up proper.

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #1,052 of 2,849

Quote:
Absolutely. I have the HARX700. I can safely say these will be an upgrade and worth the cost they charge you there locally..Forget the M50s get these instead. Comfort level wise I would say there is less clamp on the HTF600s  therefore more comfy and lighter as well. The stock pads on the HTF600s are more plush too so your ears will have more comfort... It seems there are variants on the name of the HTF600s.. If they look like the same cans on my signature they are indeed the same cans that we have been discussing on this thread. Just make sure to do the required burn in and you will see why everyone is getting on board the HTF600 bandwagon.

That was the same question I have, but based upon the above response, I will take the plunge for these Panny. 

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #1,053 of 2,849
Dangit, so i've got some good news and some bad news....

Bad news is my left cup doesn't make any sound....the other day i snagged the cable on a cabinet knob but i thought it was fine, until today.....

But at least it appears i have fixed my glitchy DAPs, i dumped everything that wasn't mp3 and so far they haven't crashed.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #1,054 of 2,849
Well, since I accidentally ripped one of the wires off the solder point on the driver, I'll probably just end up recabling these with the D2000 cable I have...we'll see.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #1,055 of 2,849

Quote:
I just ordered a pair!
Any recommandations for a cheap dac/amp with these?
I am looking at Fiio E10 or Aune. E10 is cheaper but can it match the Aune?

I've personally found that, apart from different headphones, the most noticeable increase in sound quality came from an external DAC/amp (I own the uDAC-2).  And it helps to have something that can upgrade with you a bit down the line, as opposed to say, listening to LCD-2s through just a computer's headphone jack.

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #1,057 of 2,849
haven't been on the forums for a while but started lurking recently and ran across this thread. i'm happy to say i'm now a fellow owner of these panny's

for what they are the are great, very comfortable. i'll get a few hours on them before i make any judgement calls.

just a quick update so far so good and for the tron fans out there if you happen to have the tron legacy reconfigured soundtrack track 01. Derezzed (The Glitch Mob Remix) really shows what these cans are capable of, very nice

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #1,058 of 2,849

Quote:
haven't been on the forums for a while but started lurking recently and ran across this thread. i'm happy to say i'm now a fellow owner of these panny's

for what they are the are great, very comfortable. i'll get a few hours on them before i make any judgement calls.

just a quick update so far so good and for the tron fans out there if you happen to have the tron legacy reconfigured soundtrack track 01. Derezzed (The Glitch Mob Remix) really shows what these cans are capable of, very nice

Wow it took the HTF600 to bring you out of hibernation. Nice....You think they sound good now.. Wait till around the 50 hour mark..

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #1,059 of 2,849

Quote:
Dangit, so i've got some good news and some bad news....

Bad news is my left cup doesn't make any sound....the other day i snagged the cable on a cabinet knob but i thought it was fine, until today.....

But at least it appears i have fixed my glitchy DAPs, i dumped everything that wasn't mp3 and so far they haven't crashed.

I am wondering if you can carefully throw it back in your box and send that back . Lol. Hey don't say you guys haven't done that. Lol! That sucks.. Why can't you guys be more careful!!

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #1,060 of 2,849

Quote:
okay so the 
efd3f240_wtf.jpeg
 moment just sunk in....

HOW ARE THESE 40 DOLLARS????

Exactly..

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #1,061 of 2,849
I've also been away from the forums for awhile now. After reading through this thread, I decided $30 was worth the gamble on these headphones. I gotta say that you all of you guys' opinions of these headphones seem to be spot on with what I'm hearing. They truly are a great bang for your buck.

I started listening to these headphones after ~24 hours of burn in + velour pads. There is a certain "thickness" to the sound that gives me a Sennheiser-esque warmness association to the headphones. Yet at the same time the bass hits very hard and deep and the mids and overall package seem to make these sound forward in an ultrasone fashion. The highs don't extend nearly as much as the 780's which could be seen as a good or bad thing...I feel it is a good thing because it is one of the reasons why these contrast and complement my hfi-780s so well.

While these Panasonics can't touch my hfi-780s in clarity and detail, they certainly have the bass and forward "fun" sound signature that I grew to love with my hfi-780s. I think the slight warmness of these Panasonics complement the more forward and bright hfi-780's. I certainly agree with Dsnuts suggestion of ultrasones as a good closed alternative/upgrade for those who enjoy these htf600s. The htf600s certainly share many of the elements that make me enjoy my hfi-780s so much. I feel they are a kind of a hybrid between my ultrasone and former sennheisers. Overall, they are a great set of budget headphones that I feel everyone should have somewhere in their collection for the bargain price that they typically go for. This set is actually going to my girlfriend, but I'm sure I'll be getting another few sets for the family and myself.

Thanks for presenting these to the community, Dsnuts! And a big thanks to all the members who have contributed to this thread. I think these could spread like fire amongst the community like the koss ksc75 did when I first started lurking around on head-fi in 2005.
beerchug.gif

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #1,062 of 2,849
After almost a whole week of owning them and overnight burn-in sessions, they'd have to be near the 50-hour mark by now.

It still doesn't seem like the bass impact is coming back to its out-of-the-box level, though the volume's certainly there. I still don't know if this is because I initially burned them in too loud (but not so loud that the drivers have blown), or if it's supposed to lose that punchy impact as a side effect of burn-in. EQ doesn't bring that tactile punch back, just increases the volume as you'd expect.

Regardless, I haven't had any "What?!?!" moments. This may be a side effect of lack of experience with various headphone models in general (and most of those that I do have experience with aren't bassy). Perhaps I should stop focusing so much on all the hype in this thread and just enjoy them for what they are instead of analyzing the hype and listening for anything that resembles a "What?!?!" moment so much.

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #1,063 of 2,849
@ jaykay..  Oh wow another satisfied customer. I think it is interesting that many have brought up the Koss Ksc75 and how those were popular budget alternatives.. I think perhaps these HTF600 will be even more popular as they are the first full sized cans that I can recall that have this amount of unique sound characteristics and quality in a can that is indeed the full package.. Trust that they will only get better with more usage. It does throw a smile on my face to know for the most part these are being not only accepted by this community but is also gaining in popularity among fellow hobbyists..

It is rare to get more for your hard earned dollar now a days and these clearly give more.. Enjoy your HTF600s. Like I mentioned on my read. The awesome train has definitely hit the Panasonic HTF600s... EVERYONE get one.. Get more to throw to your loved ones.. While its difficult to buy a more expensive can to give to a loved one.. These will be easy to, and a perfect bday and holiday gift. I bought 3 and going on a 4th soon. Ya I am nuts. I just hope they keep the prices down and have plenty on stock for the holidays. Give them all the What moment. lol!!

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #1,064 of 2,849

Quote:
After almost a whole week of owning them and overnight burn-in sessions, they'd have to be near the 50-hour mark by now.

It still doesn't seem like the bass impact is coming back to its out-of-the-box level, though the volume's certainly there. I still don't know if this is because I initially burned them in too loud (but not so loud that the drivers have blown), or if it's supposed to lose that punchy impact as a side effect of burn-in. EQ doesn't bring that tactile punch back, just increases the volume as you'd expect.

Regardless, I haven't had any "What?!?!" moments. This may be a side effect of lack of experience with various headphone models in general (and most of those that I do have experience with aren't bassy). Perhaps I should stop focusing so much on all the hype in this thread and just enjoy them for what they are instead of analyzing the hype and listening for anything that resembles a "What?!?!" moment so much.

Hmm a lot of it has to do with particular tracks too.. The HTF600s have the ability to be calm if the track calls for it...It is strange to hear that you heard more bass on open box. It was the opposite for me.. It was bass light out of box until the burn.. I think you are right.. I would just enjoy your cans.. Throw on some of your favorites and get lost in your music.. Ultimately that is what it is all about.  I think a lot of the What moment comes from guys that have doubts or guys that think it is impossible to get this kind of sound from a can that cost $30 - $40.. Or low expectations. 

Because no matter how much one reads up about the HTF600 you have to think you are getting a cheapo budget can and the idea that there is just NO WAY a can that cost this cheap is gonna do justice to my music.  Just no way... But once these are heard that is when the What moment happens... I remember when I was writing about these that is exactly how that happened for me.. stop looking for it.. Just enjoy it.. Bass should still have the dynamics the command.. So far I haven't heard anyone loose bass quantity.. I hope not.

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #1,065 of 2,849
Seems the Ultrasones are a bit on the high side (HFI580 for like $150+...) so I'll definitely wait
on those... on the other hand, I can get some Skullcandy Aviators for cheap... not sure if I should jump (just to try them out! lol!)

This hobby... darn it!

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back