The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 25, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #1,066 of 2,849
After reading this thread over the past 2 weeks, I finally decided to buy a pair, but now they are temporarily out of stock on Amazon.com. The price has also been raised back to $59.99, so I hope when Amazon gets more in stock, they will lower the price again.
redface.gif

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #1,068 of 2,849
Oct 25, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #1,069 of 2,849
The eBay seller cancelled my order for a second pair of these. Oh well, I don't really need them.

Trying out cheap headphones is kind of fun though - a lot easier than doing it with $300+ headphones like I did over the summer!

I see the Koss Pro DJ100 is on sale for $40. How do those compare? What about the Sony MDR-7506? I see them on eBay new for about $50.

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #1,070 of 2,849
Where are the DJ100 $40? They're a great set of cans.

Quote:
The eBay seller cancelled my order for a second pair of these. Oh well, I don't really need them.

Trying out cheap headphones is kind of fun though - a lot easier than doing it with $300+ headphones like I did over the summer!

I see the Koss Pro DJ100 is on sale for $40. How do those compare? What about the Sony MDR-7506? I see them on eBay new for about $50.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #1,072 of 2,849

Quote:
Seems the Ultrasones are a bit on the high side (HFI580 for like $150+...) so I'll definitely wait
on those... on the other hand, I can get some Skullcandy Aviators for cheap... not sure if I should jump (just to try them out! lol!)

This hobby... darn it!

:p

Kinda curious about the aviators myself. Give us the Gelock impression if you get them.

Quote:
After reading this thread over the past 2 weeks, I finally decided to buy a pair, but now they are temporarily out of stock on Amazon.com. The price has also been raised back to $59.99, so I hope when Amazon gets more in stock, they will lower the price again.
redface.gif

That's what you get for waiting 2 weeks! Lol! I wouldn't worry about pricing. I am certain prices will hover around $30- $40.. By the way I saw them on buy.com for around $40..

Quote:
Thanks, I got an order in right before they went back to "unavailable".  I just sold my M50's on ebay for $123.  Maybe I'm crazy but I was never that impressed by them.  Now I just have to wait for the Panasonics to get back in stock.

I know exactly how you feel about them.. I remember being really excited to get my M50s only for that excitement to be meh..I think the HTF600s will represent what the M50s should have been.  More engaging, easy to listen to, less artificial..  The M50 is perhaps the opposite of the HTF600s. You aren't getting your monies worth.  Now if they kept the price at around $100 it would be a better value.

Quote:

The Koss DJ100s are another good budget can and for that price even a better deal. . If you want to try something different those are recommendable and certainly something different than the HFT600s... The MDR-7506 and the V6 are the same...Legendary studio phones...The Koss Dj100s have a higher end sound than the price would indicate.. I think either one would be a nice addition to your collection.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #1,073 of 2,849
The right side was just playing at half normal volume.  I took the cups apart and checked the solder joints and those were fine, so I put them back together and they were the same.  I tried twisting them about in every way I could, but no change.  I then slapped the back of the right cup and it fixed it.  My guess would be maybe the driver became misaligned, I think that might explain some of the clicking some people have heard when burning in.

I really expected a set great for metal, but that is not at all what I've been finding with these,  In fact the best album I've found so far for them is Dreaming of Revenge by Kaki King, about as far from metal as you can get.  These warm up the sound nicely and take some of the focus off her guitar so the sound fits together more fully.  It's as if they take my music and where the 701's would be like "here you go, I don't know if you really want this but **** listen to what you want."  The HTF-600's smooth it out and warm it up by the fire for you and serve your music with a mug of hot coco and a warm blanky, but without having you miss any of it like most cheap sets would. If that makes sense.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #1,074 of 2,849
Yea pressing on the cup seems to fix the low volume, wonder what's up with that. Mine didn't have this issue but there's been like at least 3 people with this same issue in this thread and it all was fixed if pressing on the cup. Maybe Dsnuts can edit in that info in OP.

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #1,075 of 2,849

Quote:
There's a 40% off coupon code (mroctober) at electronics expo.

EDIT: Looks like they're all out of the Pro DJ100. They have the UR50 and UR55 though. Deal also works with Sennheiser and AKG.

I decided that since my daughter got the Panisonic's, my son needed some new headphones too. I ordered the Koss UR55 from Electronics Expo. $23 + $7 shipping.

By all accounts, it should compare well with the RP-HTF600.

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #1,076 of 2,849

Quote:

STAY AWAY FROM THOSE
eek.gif
!!!!!! they are fakes!!! ebay is full of Sony fakes. When buying Sony always look for authorized dealers, mdr-7506 usually goes for 80 bucks. The v6/7506 is heavily counterfited as well as the xb series, the v700 and several of their good iems.

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #1,077 of 2,849

Quote:
STAY AWAY FROM THOSE
eek.gif
!!!!!! they are fakes!!! ebay is full of Sony fakes. When buying Sony always look for authorized dealers, mdr-7506 usually goes for 80 bucks. The v6/7506 is heavily counterfited as well as the xb series, the v700 and several of their good iems.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #1,079 of 2,849
My son's had the same issue, I'm assuming its the shoddy soldering job on that cup, there's a lot of extra cabling left (for band adjustment) and very minimal insulation.  Pretty sure a recable will fix this issue.

Quote:
Yea pressing on the cup seems to fix the low volume, wonder what's up with that. Mine didn't have this issue but there's been like at least 3 people with this same issue in this thread and it all was fixed if pressing on the cup. Maybe Dsnuts can edit in that info in OP.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #1,080 of 2,849

Quote:
Bottom Line Telecom has them back in stock for $30.72 shipped (to CA).  Both of mine shipping today.

11 in stock still, no waiting.  
beerchug.gif

Just checked my order and it is being shipped today.  Thought I was going to have to wait until Nov. 4th at best.  Good news. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back